Palin Rejects Global Warming

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Man made, that is.

Palin Denies That Global Warming Is Man-Made

Astoundingly, Sarah Palin has denied that climate change is man-made--not in 1996, not in 1998, not in 2000, not in 2002, but in an interview posted on August 29, 2008.

In response to this question: "What is your take on global warming and how is it affecting our country?" Palin answered: "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made."

In making this statement about one of the central issues of our time, Palin has rejected the view not only of the overwhelming majority of scientists, but also of the Environmental Protection Agency (under George W. Bush) and John McCain.

Palin Denies That Global Warming Is Man-Made - The Plank

Between the 1940's and 1970's, everyone had us worried that the global climate was cooling. Now they want us to believe it's warming!

I won't see man didn't help the cause, but it seems to just be natural climate trends on this planet. C'est la vie.

I can't say that this is surprising. Most Republicans are in a state of denial where global warming is concerned. That's why we haven't done anything about it with Republicans in charge.

You know what democrats are gonig to "do" about it ? Make you pay out the ass to pollute and guess what--there will still be the same amount of pollution.

Palin is part of global warming she is so hot. No seriously.

Global warming is a reality and it needs to be studied. Cutting pollution is good for all of us and the future. It does need to be explained as to how it is happening. Is it a natural cycle or are we adding to it. We just can't turn a blind eye to the theory.

We bought our photovoltaic panels right after the 2004 elections when it became clear that Bush was not going to do anything on this issue. Our electrical bill went from 100 dollars per month to about 3 dollars a month. The panels have gone a third of the way (approx) to paying for themselves. This also means that our house has consumed less middle east oil since 2004.

Going green is an investment that can pay for itself in relatviely short order.

McCain used to support caps, but flip flopped on that.

You know what democrats are gonig to "do" about it ? Make you pay out the ass to pollute and guess what--there will still be the same amount of pollution.

I have no doubt that we will have to sacrifice something for not doing anything about the problem in the past, but "pay out the ass" sounds like a poor excuse for not doing our share to correct a problem that we helped create.

We bought our photovoltaic panels right after the 2004 elections when it became clear that Bush was not going to do anything on this issue. Our electrical bill went from 100 dollars per month to about 3 dollars a month. The panels have gone a third of the way (approx) to paying for themselves. This also means that our house has consumed less middle east oil since 2004.

People will use any damn energy that is reliable and affordable. If Green people want us to use it, put the damn shit out there. Is there some reason we have to wait for the government to do it for us ?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

I read that it takes about 8 years to pay for the investment, not to bad actually. And it can go faster if you buy the extra gear to sell back to the electric company in your area and they do that.

Palin is part of global warming she is so hot. No seriously.

Global warming is a reality and it needs to be studied. Cutting pollution is good for all of us and the future. It does need to be explained as to how it is happening. Is it a natural cycle or are we adding to it. We just can't turn a blind eye to the theory.

I agree. But there are studies on both side of the table, and it's hard to say how much of global warming is manmade and how much is natural.

Either way, we should be looking cleaner energy. Not to prevent global warming, but to clean our air and water.

Is there some reason we have to wait for the government to do it for us ?

No. What I don't know if the government should mandate caps or not. I'm enough of a libertarian to say they shouldn't, but enough of an environmentalist to think that it might actually be iportant in the mid term that they do. It depends if it would impact things like drought in the farmland and stuff like that.

I'm on the fence about the government's role, and I think that if Kerry had been elected we *wouldn't* have gotten our panels because we would have figured the government would do some of the green stuff for us.

I have no beef with people doing it on their own (or not) and keeping the government out of it but I think that the dems are smarter than driving the economy off a cliff over some desire to be fascist green state. They won't do that. There are too many options for going green that don't involve a heavy cost (ie taxation).

Good job!

Your title of the thread is a incorrect, either purposefully or cause you just don't know better. She does not deny Global Warming at all. She denies there is evidence to prove man has caused it and man can fix it.

But hey half truths work so well for Liberals don't they?

:lol::lol:

Read it again stupid! I specifically stated man made in the first words of the post. You need help!

I agree. But there are studies on both side of the table, and it's hard to say how much of global warming is manmade and how much is natural.

Either way, we should be looking cleaner energy. Not to prevent global warming, but to clean our air and water.

That is why research is so important in this field. Think of all the good jobs this research could provide.

Think of all the jobs the search for clean renewable energy could provide.

There is so much that we pass by in the way of opening new fields of work.

Forum List

Back