Palin! Palin! Palin! It's Conservatives night and it's because of Sarah!

The best news is that Palin, Limbaugh, the Teabaggers, etc., won't learn a thing from this.
Actually, there is to be a lesson learned:

Third Parties aren't as irrelevant as we'd like to think.

Especially when they're running against Democrats these days.

Lessons learned:

Act like the voter's opinions don't matter and this kind of thing happens to you.

Also Hoffman, if I'm gettng his name right, probably would have garnered more swing votes if he didn't look so nerdish. He's not exactly photogenic. Seems the Libs are looking for image and good looks rather then substance. So in effect his appearance may have been a factor in his losing as well. I don't think the coke-bottle glasses did him any good.

Grow up asshole.

SAYS the ignorant pea brain who willfully continues to use a falsely attributed Abraham Lincoln quote as his/her signature on every post...

Once again...grow the fuck up.

Grow up? What are some of the character traits of BEING a grown up? Isn't honesty one of them? You are now aware of the fact that what you post on every thread was NOT said by Abraham Lincoln, yet you continue to lie and post it. Truth and facts have no place or priority in your character...thus, everything ELSE you post has no "grown up" credibility...

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith

"There is no call for sacrifice, and no man is a threat to the aims of another-if men understand that reality is an absolute not to be faked,that lies do not work that the unearned cannot be had, that the undeserved cannot be given,that the destruction of a value which is,will not bring value to that which isn't. -Ayn Rand

Just a Thought.

SAYS the ignorant pea brain who willfully continues to use a falsely attributed Abraham Lincoln quote as his/her signature on every post...

Once again...grow the fuck up.

Grow up? What are some of the character traits of BEING a grown up? Isn't honesty one of them? You are now aware of the fact that what you post on every thread was NOT said by Abraham Lincoln, yet you continue to lie and post it. Truth and facts have no place or priority in your character...thus, everything ELSE you post has no "grown up" credibility...
Why would someone knowingly carry a faslsehood, with every post, after it has been clearly pointed out to him?

Most people would accept the fact they were duped by the attribution, and either remove the lie, or at least attribute it to the correct man, Rev. William J. H. Boetcker.

That he refuses to and worse, tells you "grow up" is a rather telling display of his character.

If it pleases you to continue your willful ignorance then feel free.

The open-minded can see it for what it is.

All these strong Liberally dominanted Blue states with only one narrow victory over a 3rd party candidate, for an Obama backed candidate and you think Palin looks like an ass?

That's fucken hilarious.

Grow up asshole.

Nice comeback mudwhistle

Never let the facts get in the way of the fable you are trying to tell

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith

"There is no call for sacrifice, and no man is a threat to the aims of another-if men understand that reality is an absolute not to be faked,that lies do not work that the unearned cannot be had, that the undeserved cannot be given,that the destruction of a value which is,will not bring value to that which isn't. -Ayn Rand

Just a Thought.

Here's another "thought"... Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

The best news is that Palin, Limbaugh, the Teabaggers, etc., won't learn a thing from this.
Actually, there is to be a lesson learned:

Third Parties aren't as irrelevant as we'd like to think.

Irrelevant or not....our current form of government isn't conducive to the survival of a major 3rd party candidate. Hands down Ross Perot would have made one of the best Presidents ever. We all saw what happened to him and his running mate Admiral James Stockdale, Medal of Honor recipient. That's when I lost all respect for the MSM and they lost their credibility with the American public.....hence the birth, rise and now dominance of Fox News.

I like Ross, the idiot I am I voted for Him. Never again. He would be a tough boss, but as President he could not fire people from the citizenry. Those charts would have eventually numbed all of us.:lol:

John Kenneth Galbraith

Just a Thought.

Here's another "thought"... Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

The fact that ii is asking and not mandating tells you first that it is not of DNC origin, and second, that it shows courtesy. That is not Selfishness. Even the Golden Rule is Rooted in Example and persuasiveness, not Dictate. Rand had Her Faults, that does not discredit Her Contributions to Mankind.

Last edited:

Grow up asshole.

Nice comeback mudwhistle

Never let the facts get in the way of the fable you are trying to tell

Who said it isn't so much the issue, but the words themselves. No truer words were ever spoken. Who gives a fuck who said it. Making a mistake in the sourcing doesn't make it a fable. I was gonna double-check but changed my mind because in the balance of things it's not all that important.

My source said it was Lincoln. I don't feel the urge to go back and check elsewhere to make sure you're correct because it gives me a warm fuzzy to know that you and others like you wet your panties everytime you see it. So I'm gonna leave it. So quit your whining and stop acting like a little bitch.

Last edited:
Fact: The Ten Cannot's is Posted all over the Net wrongly crediting Abe Lincoln.

Ten Cannots
by the Rev. William J. H. Boetcker
Presbyterian Clergyman in 1916

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

"We reach the Outside from the Inside"
Sincerely Yours
Wm. J.H. Boetcker
The Reverend William John Henry Boetcker originally published the Ten Cannots in 1916 in a leaflet entitled "Lincoln on private property." One side had words by Abraham Lincoln, the other side had the "Cannots" that Rev. Boetcker wrote. It was republished by the Inside Publishing Company in 1917 and 1938. Rev. Boetcker lived from 1873 to 1962, was raised in Erie, PA and ordained in Brooklyn, NY.

Boetcker-You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. - RC Groups

And the mental disease known as far wingnut conservatism continues on this board.

Have at it, guys and gals.

You see, there's where we differ from Libs.

We think you're gulliable misinformed folks that refuse to see the truth and you think we're crazy.

The further you are from the truth the nastier you guys get. Can't justify it so you lash out.

No, I think libs are crazy. I don't pretend they're not.

But you're dead on about the rest.

mudwhistle's source was wrong. The attribution is false, it has been proven false, mudwhistle knows that is false, thus mudwhistle has no integrity, and nothing he posts has any relevance whatsover. Pass on by.

mudwhistle's source was wrong. The attribution is false, it has been proven false, mudwhistle knows that is false, thus mudwhistle has no integrity, and nothing he posts has any relevance whatsover. Pass on by.

If you don't have any kids yet don't. Only Kidding. :) No Expectations. My wife always tells me It's nice to want things (Thats Her No Response). Either we overlook the little things or it gets reduced to Last Man Standing. I'm not saying where to draw the line, thats your business. I am saying that that quote is plastered all over the net as falsely attributed to Lincoln. It's easy to see how one would get snared by it.The Quote context was related to Lincoln. Mudwhistle is in good company here.

Now Reagan summoned all of his rhetorical gifts to remind the hundreds of delegates packing the convention hall and the tens of millions more watching on television that another Republican, Abraham Lincoln, had once wisely offered the following timeless truths:

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

The convention floor erupted in waves of applause. TV cameras captured the faces of emotional delegates whose nods of assent evidenced the deep understanding and gratitude one feels upon hearing a revered pastor deliver a grand sermon. Reagan had resurrected a tablet of political commandments more prescient and eloquent than any arid Republican Party platform or windy acceptance speech. No one had ever said it better than the Great Emancipator as revivified by the Great Communicator. It was a magical combination. As politics and performance, even liberal Democrats admitted that it was good.

As it turned out, it was indeed too good to be true.6 In fact, Lincoln had never uttered a word of it. The lines turned out to be the work of an obscure German-born, Brooklyn-ordained minister named William John Henry Boetcker, and they dated back to only 1916-fifty-one years after Lincoln's death. That year, Boetcker published a tract entitled Lincoln on Private Property. The pamphlet featured a unique format: the true words of Lincoln on one page followed by interpretive quotations from Boetcker on the next. The ideas quickly found an appreciative audience among conservatives. Republican clubs clamored for copies, and the booklet went into new editions in 1917, 1938, and 1945. Unfortunately, in each subsequent incarnation Boetcker progressively receded into the background until Lincoln was receiving sole and undeserved credit for aphorisms he had never uttered. One later edition boasted that the words were Lincoln's exclusively and were published at the "inspiration of William J. H. Boetcker." By the time Ronald Reagan got around to quoting these lines, the true source of the inspiration had faded into the shadows. When the truth finally surfaced, a Reagan spokesman, scrambling for an explanation, said that the former president had done all his own research. As the sole author of the speech he had found the "Lincoln" quotations in a book called The Toastmaster's Treasure Chest by one Herbert V. Prochnow. It was passed off as an understandable mistake, but it is an indelible one.7

WNYC - Books: Why Lincoln Matters: Today More Than Ever

Some Random Lincoln Quotes.

"Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VII, "Reply to New York Workingmen's Democratic Republican Association" (March 21, 1864), pp. 259-260.

"What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried?" Lincoln's Cooper Institute Address, February 27, 1860.

"I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VII, "Letter to Albert G. Hodges" (April 4, 1864), p. 281.

"...I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side." The Inner Life of Abraham Lincoln: Six Months at the White House by Francis B. Carpenter (Lincoln, Nebraska, University of Nebraska Press, 1995), p. 282. Also, Recollections of Abraham Lincoln by Ward Hill Lamon (Lincoln, Nebraska, University of Nebraska Press, 1994), p. 91.

"In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free - honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth. Other means may succeed; this could not fail. The way is plain, peaceful, generous, just - a way which, if followed, the world will forever applaud, and God must forever bless." Lincoln's Second Annual Message to Congress, December 1, 1862.

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan - to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations." Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, March 4, 1865.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half-slave and half-free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other." Lincoln's 'House-Divided' Speech in Springfield, Illinois, June 16, 1858.

"I would rather be defeated with this expression ('house divided against itself cannot stand') in the speech, and uphold and discuss it before the people, than be victorious without it." The Lincoln Reader edited by Paul M. Angle (New Brunswick, Rutgers University Press, 1947), p. 228. For more details on Lincoln's comment see pp. 324-325 of Herndon's Life of Lincoln by William H. Herndon and Jesse W. Weik (Da Capo reprint of original 1942 edition published in Cleveland by World Publishing Company).

"We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others, the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name - liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names - liberty and tyranny." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VII, "Address at Sanitary Fair, Baltimore, Maryland" (April 18, 1864), p. 301-302.

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, "Letter To Henry L. Pierce and Others" (April 6, 1859), p. 376.

"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy. Whatever differs from this, to the extent of the difference, is no democracy." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, (August 1, 1858?), p. 532.

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it." Lincoln's Cooper Institute Address, February 27, 1860.

"I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume II, "Speech at Chicago, Illinois" (July 10, 1858), p. 502.

A Collection of Abraham Lincoln Quotes

The RNC got the message loud and clear: We will no longer let Libruls pick or be our candidate.

Yeah right...What a fucken hypocrit. Too bad you don't apply that principle to everything else.

We've caught Obama and the Dems in a lie hundreds of times. But by your reckoning we should never trust a word they say from now on because they were wrong about one small detail like spelling or punctuation or naming the wrong source for their beliefs. Anita Dunn would be a prime example when she said she liked to quote Mao then later claimed she was just kidding. She's Obama's communications director so all of the communications coming out of the White House must be bogus.

And of course I never admitted my source was wrong, only that there is a possibility the source may be wrong and that I wasn't willing to make the effort to double check for a few of skuzzbuckets like ya'll. So that makes you a fucken liar.

Last edited:
How fucking great is this, Palin and Conservatives turned tonight into the Baptism Scene from the Godfather

Deeds and VA: Dead

ObamaCare: Dead!

Cap and Trade: Dead!!

Hope and Change: DEAD!

Corzine and Obama "Keep it going": DEAD (the non-living continues to make it close for Corzine)

Palin was the first to come out for Hoffman in 23.

Palin is going to be a serious force for Conservatives in 2010 and 12, she's positioned herself as Kingmaker

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

February 16, 2010

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWq7n0Wxe9M]Bill Maher Takes Swipe at Rush Limbaugh - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0abS0IdQtA&NR=1]Bill Maher: Republicans Are Like Children - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back