Palin Once Greeted McCain Staff Wearing Nothing But a Towel

We knew the Republicans would turn on each other. We just didn't know how long it would take. Ahhh the fresh smell of GOP civil war in the air.

Well, I have remarked often on the boards how I suspect she has a strong sense of entitlement and self-importance. She was the golden child: A beauty queen from a well-to-do family who is competitive. She has her trophy husband (snowmobile racer). She seems spoiled. And I'm sure we all know the type. She feels like she is entitled to whatever she wants. She wasn't humble about the position she was offered. She probably felt her selection as VP was her due more than an opportunity for which she should be grateful. And the popularity after the convention would have done nothing to keep this attitude in check. So she begins doing what she wants, when she wants. She starts living a lifestyle that she felt she deserved anyway. And in the process she not only brought the campaign down, I'm sure she made lots of enemies among committed volunteers and aides in the McCain camp. These people really believe in what they are doing and usually have the humility to accept sacrifice for the good of the campaign and the nation. To be around someone who rather than feeling humble at the opportunity presented, feels entitled- who instead of sacrifice, wraps herself in excess, and instead of discipline for the campaign, felt she should have been at the top of the ticket and made her own decisions accordingly, I imagine would be an intensely frustrating experience.

Of course, this is all armchair psychology and speculation, but I have seen nothing that would make me discount my early opinion of her personality.

McCain himself rarely spoke to Palin during the campaign, and aides kept him in the dark about the details of her spending on clothes because they were sure he would be offended. Palin asked to speak along with McCain at his Arizona concession speech Tuesday night, but campaign strategist Steve Schmidt vetoed the request.

:rofl:

So what?

Dick Cheney once greeted his staff wearing only a towel as well.

Uhhhuhhu.......<shutter>

Yeah take a closer look at the poll. You think i give a shit if 78% of dems don't want to see Palin again? of couse they don't thats the whole point!

Palin was brought not to sway independents but to stir up her own base, which she did

Republians- 46% strongly support 31% somewhat support

That is huge

Thinking ahead to the next presidential election: If John McCain is not elected president in November, would you like to see Sarah Palin run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, or not?"

Yes - 44
No- 38
Unsure- 18

Don't think you have seen the last of Palin you haven;t

Why didn't McCain win then? Because the Democratic base plus the independents overwhelmed the conservative base. Consider that 60% of independents went for Obama. 25% said palin was an important factor in their choice and 30% said they did not believe she was qualified to lead. Similar numbers were found among moderates. 10% of Republicans said she was not qualified to lead. But being loyal, only 1/3 of those voted for Obama. Perhaps she has some method of changing her image in the works, but I just don't see the damage she did to herself this campaign being healed in 4 years. And if the numbers are anywhere similar to those above, the Republican base is just not large enough to overcome it.

Palin herself said during an impromptu Election Day interview at the Mocha Moose in Wasilla that, "if there is a role in national politics, it won't be so much partisan."

Electoral surge gives Democrats 56 seats in US Senate | Herald Sun

And Todd looked decidedly DONE with politics at the concession speech last night. he looked grumpy, and when Palin was mentioned as a new symbol for the party (or something like this) he gave three or four, well spaced, claps. While looking grumpy. That was it.

Pure speculation, but I hope she is out.

How can one bloke spend $40,000 on clothes? I mean what does a bloke need?

A pair of jeans. A pair of boots. A white tee shirt. Eight pairs of underdaks.
One suit. Seven shirts. Fourteen pairs of socks. A pair of shoes. A tie.

A warm jacket - preferably one that proclaims one's support of a football team.

A beanie for when one is having a bad hair day.

How the heck can that get to $40,000?

0~2376780~6009391~6010314~6010318

well you start here....i swear if i am spending 200 bones on a damn pair of jeans...i dont wanna see no flat ass white boy in them.....i like a man with some butt

Forum List

Back