Palin on drilling after this recent catastrophy

This spill is a example of what happens when you are forced to drill in deep oceans. Accidents will happen so hopefully the drillers will learn from this and use this knowledge to prevent future accidents. With the world oceans covering over 75% of the earth leakage of oil occurs naturally and the ocean does a pretty good job of cleaning up this oil that leaks. we could not allow US companies from drilling off our shores but what about the other countries that are drilling off our shores currently. We need the oil and drilling will continue so let the drilling continue and be more careful in the future. This was a accident not done on purpose. From space, air and automobile travel if we stopped after the first accident we would still be using horse and buggies, ships to travel and never gone to the moon. Sometime accidents help make thing safer in the future. This accident is also a good example why we should be drilling in Alaska. spilled oil in cold temps solidifies and is easy to clean up!!!

Bullshit. Halliburton provided the slurry to reinforce the pipes, which when tested, proved to be inferior at that depth.

Second thing wrong? They didn't plan for a leak. Why? They said it was too technologically advanced to fail.

Wasn't intentional? At the expense of cutting corners, they set it up to fail. It wasn't an act of God as Rick Perry said, it's intentional stupidity of mankind.

Should we drill? If we need it, but MAKE FUCKING SURE that the stuff you're working with is top notch, and yes, DO expect failure to happen, so that if or when it does, you're equipped to deal with it.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

You know......that is one thing that has made adjusting to civilian life the hardest from me, most of them never take time to think about worst case scenarios.

And that is what can kill, much like what you're seeing in the Gulf. I almost came unglued yesterday when I saw an interview with one of the engineers who worked for that company when he stated they never expected it to fail because it was too advanced.

That kind of thinking kills lots of things. I mean, in the military, we do drills REPEATEDLY on just those very things, so that when it does happen, we can get it done quickly with no panic, and have all the steps already in place in our minds of how to take care of it.

Planning to never fail is pure deadly idiocy.

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns - War Room - Salon.com
At almost the exact moment that Reuters broke the news (on Twitter) that a second oil drilling rig had overturned off the coast of Louisiana, Sarah Palin posted her latest Facebook "note." The headline: "Domestic Drilling: Why We Can Still Believe."

Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill

Hot Air Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill

I don't Know which is More Adorable...

Your Obsession with a Pundit...

Or your Idiocy.

:)

peace...

This is the type of retort I expect when you cant defend that dolt. Thank you so much.

There are bridge accidents it doesn't mean we eliminate bridges.

There are car accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate cars.

There are plane accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate planes.

There are oil rig accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate oil rigs.

The only way to guarantee there will never be an accident is to not do anything.
Neither do we fix the bridges.
Spill, baby, spill.

That's the Obama policy, since they refuse to do anything to help contain the spill.

What has Obama refused to do? Put up barriers? Drop a cement and steel bell to direct the oil to the surface?

You've got a real problem with facts, don't ya **** Mike?

I love how you liberals would prefer people starved to death, froze to death, suffered heat stroke, or have our money go to terrorist nations rather than providing Americans with job here and keeping money in our nation by continually producing our own oil.

It's mind boggling.

even if we do not drill other countries will come into the gulf and then drill for oil, Like the Chinese, russians, vietnamese and mexicans that are currently drilling in the
Gulf of Mexico thus if or better WHEN they have an accident we still get the oil spill. This is Crazy being held hostage by the enviro nuts.

I love how you liberals would prefer people starved to death, froze to death, suffered heat stroke, or have our money go to terrorist nations rather than providing Americans with job here and keeping money in our nation by continually producing our own oil.

It's mind boggling.

even if we do not drill other countries will come into the gulf and then drill for oil, Like the Chinese, russians, vietnamese and mexicans that are currently drilling in the
Gulf of Mexico thus if or better WHEN they have an accident we still get the oil spill. This is Crazy being held hostage by the enviro nuts.

Listen........if you want to drill, you NEED TO HAVE SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE FIRST!

Reinstate all the restrictions on drilling, and make sure the companies TEST THEIR FUCKING PRODUCT SO THAT IT DOESN'T FAIL!

Know why you piss me off so much Kee Kee? I've got a little cousin who I love very much who is very dear to me.

She's smart. You're fucking stupid with the greed.

You disgrace her name, you fucking 'tard. If you were Ki Ki, I'd tell you that your cousin Rob says you've gotta shape up.

She'd listen. You won't.

It's mind boggling.

Listen........if you want to drill, you NEED TO HAVE SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE FIRST!

Reinstate all the restrictions on drilling, and make sure the companies TEST THEIR FUCKING PRODUCT SO THAT IT DOESN'T FAIL!

Know why you piss me off so much Kee Kee? I've got a little cousin who I love very much who is very dear to me.

She's smart. You're fucking stupid with the greed.

You disgrace her name, you fucking 'tard. If you were Ki Ki, I'd tell you that your cousin Rob says you've gotta shape up.

She'd listen. You won't.

Reinstating drilling restrictions will not stop drilling and spills from occuring in the gulf. If an error occurs I would rather have an American company responsible for cleaning up the spill than other countries that gives a dam about oil spills happening and drifting into American beaches!!!
Eat shit you moron Thank god I'm not your cousin and to bad your liberal parents didn't practic the democrat religion and abort you. If we used your logic we would still not be driving cars, flying in autos, or ever been to the moon!!! With every error we learned and finally succeded, with deep water drilling there will be problems and errors. we are an oil based society and we need oil. so with more drilling we will get more information and data that will be learned and implimented so we can minimize errors and perfect this dangerous job!!!

Forum List

Back