Palin on drilling after this recent catastrophy

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns - War Room - Salon.com
At almost the exact moment that Reuters broke the news (on Twitter) that a second oil drilling rig had overturned off the coast of Louisiana, Sarah Palin posted her latest Facebook "note." The headline: "Domestic Drilling: Why We Can Still Believe."

Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill

Hot Air Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill

have you parked your car yet azzhole? no? obie wan messiah hasn't either.. so until you do,, Palin is 100% correct..

I parked my car back in 2001 and rode a Harley from then on. When gas got too expensive and all the other bullshit that went with it? Well.......I'd rather eat, this economy sucks.

I parked my Harley and picked up my Lemond bicycle. I used to ride 50-100 miles PER DAY just for grins and giggles.

When I transferred from Memphis TN to Jacksonville FL? I rode a bicycle, did it in a week.

When I transferred from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI? Same deal, 1100 miles in 12 days.

When I transferred from Newport RI to Norfolk VA? 600 miles in 7 days (I was taking it easy).

I recently picked up my bicycle again, and since Amarillo has some decent roads and bike paths, well..........I can commute to anywhere in the city within 45 minutes.

So yeah.......I did park my car. What else you got you disgruntled soggy pussy?

There are bridge accidents it doesn't mean we eliminate bridges.

There are car accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate cars.

There are plane accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate planes.

There are oil rig accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate oil rigs.

The only way to guarantee there will never be an accident is to not do anything.

And some of these people would fuck that up.

The only way to guarantee there will never be an accident is to not do anything.
Neither do we fix the bridges.
Spill, baby, spill.

What I said yesterday about Limbaugh taking the line that this oil spill isn't that big a deal, I see that didn't take long to make it into the marching orders.

I don't suppose we can count on the Republicans adopting the 'Oil Spill was no big deal, deal with it' refrain as a major plank in their upcoming campaigns, can we?

No, that's probably too much to hope for. This line will probably remain limited to wingnuts only.

Considering that more oil naturally flows into the Oceans from underground crevices than was spilled here, I have to wonder why you think the earth isn't resilliant enough to handle these disasters.
You should know better than to spout Stuttering LimpTard's BS.

514,000 barrels of oil seep into the Gulf naturally each year, that's 1408 barrels per day. The rig is leaking 5.000 barrels per day. Only by a DittoTard's "fuzzy math" would 5,000 be less than 1408. :cuckoo: :rofl:

Last edited:
Obviously America needs to continue to drill, it needs oil.

This is lost on many people.

I hope they are going to do their part of getting off oil by returning to horse and buggies, going without heat in the winter and AC in the summer and basically shutting off the internet and never saying another thing online.

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns - War Room - Salon.com
At almost the exact moment that Reuters broke the news (on Twitter) that a second oil drilling rig had overturned off the coast of Louisiana, Sarah Palin posted her latest Facebook "note." The headline: "Domestic Drilling: Why We Can Still Believe."

Yeah--we MUST continue to drill in this country--to finally become energy independant. We have one single accident--where a rig goes down--and as we see liberals go into an histerical frenzy over it.

Like it or NOT this country depends on ENERGY--for heating our homes in winter--to switch on that light at night--to run our factories--to run our cars. Without energy---NOTHING works--including Americans.

Right now enviromental wacco's stop us from building nuclear power plants--they stop us from building hydro--electric dams--they stop us from drilling for oil and clean natural gas--they have stopped wind farms-they have stopped large solar projects-they stop anything and everything that has to do with becoming energy independant.

And if you believe for one single second that we can power this entire country--on wind or solar--you are very sadly mistaken. We will ALWAYS need oil--to keep this country moving smoothly--regardless of all the green energy we incorporate into the landscape. To add--we have 4000 oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico--and not one of them leaked one single drop of oil--when hurricane Katrina (a cat 5) hit the gulf coast a few years ago.

Last edited:
Has anyone, other than the anti drillers called for a cease in drilling since this has happened?

What would you have the US do? End all drilling and become COMPLETELY enslaved to foreign oil?

Well..........if all the restrictions on off shore drilling that Bush Jr. took out are reinstated? Well.....sure.

At least, as long as they don't go at it with the attitude of those who did this one. They didn't even consider the possibility of a blowout or a leak. They said the rig was too technologically advanced to have anything like that happen.

Combine that with the shitty slurry that Halliburton provided, well........anyone with half a brain pan could see that this COULD have been prevented.

Too bad the company was busy expanding its profit line at the expense of safety.

But then again, lots of energy companies do that. Massey Energy anyone?

So what your saying is that instead of Americans having jobs drilling for oil in the Gulf, we should just let the rest of the world drill there.

Because like it or not, someone is going to drill there. And you can either have them being Americans with higher safety standards or the Chinese who don't really care if they hurt the US Coast. Pick one.

I love how you liberals would prefer people starved to death, froze to death, suffered heat stroke, or have our money go to terrorist nations rather than providing Americans with job here and keeping money in our nation by continually producing our own oil.

It's mind boggling.

Has anyone, other than the anti drillers called for a cease in drilling since this has happened?

What would you have the US do? End all drilling and become COMPLETELY enslaved to foreign oil?

Well..........if all the restrictions on off shore drilling that Bush Jr. took out are reinstated? Well.....sure.

At least, as long as they don't go at it with the attitude of those who did this one. They didn't even consider the possibility of a blowout or a leak. They said the rig was too technologically advanced to have anything like that happen.

Combine that with the shitty slurry that Halliburton provided, well........anyone with half a brain pan could see that this COULD have been prevented.

Too bad the company was busy expanding its profit line at the expense of safety.

So what your saying is that instead of Americans having jobs drilling for oil in the Gulf, we should just let the rest of the world drill there.

Because like it or not, someone is going to drill there. And you can either have them being Americans with higher safety standards or the Chinese who don't really care if they hurt the US Coast. Pick one.

Ditto--You mean actually letting the Private Energy Sector actually create a private sector job for Americans--without costing billions in taxpayer dollars--

That would be drilling for oil and natural gas--along with the hundreds of thousands of construction jobs that would be created if these dumb-ass wacco enviromentalists would let us build a few nuclear power and hydro electric plants also.

Ditto--You mean actually letting the Private Energy Sector actually create a private sector job for Americans--without costing billions in taxpayer dollars--

That would be drilling for oil and natural gas--along with the hundreds of thousands of construction jobs that would be created if these dumb-ass wacco enviromentalists would let us build a few nuclear power and hydro electric plants also.

Not only would it be more jobs, it would be more jobs that actually benefit people.

Why do you assume that an American oil company would get the leases?

Why do you assume that even if it was an American company that got the leases, that they would hire Americans?

Why doesn't the Private Energy Sector use the 5,500 leases they currently hold and are not drilling?

Hey stupid. Reading comprehension is a good thing.

I said that the safeguards and restrictions that were in place PRIOR TO BUSH should be reinstated.

Only after that has been done, THEN allow drilling with the safety measures firmly in place, and yes, preferably American drillers for our jobs.

If China wants to drill? They have to meet the same safety requirements or no go.

It's not so much that I'm against getting energy, I'm against doing it unsafely.

Or.........to put it another way...........would you want a nuclear plant run without the safety equipment and restrictions? I don't want that, nor do I wish for them to drill without taking appropriate safety measures.

Saying that the rigs are too advanced to fail and not considering the possibility is just stupid.

have you parked your car yet azzhole? no? obie wan messiah hasn't either.. so until you do,, Palin is 100% correct..

I live 16 miles from my job, so I ride my Cannondale to work now. So yes, I parked my car.

Azzhole. :eusa_whistle:

Neither do we fix the bridges.
Spill, baby, spill.

That's the Obama policy, since they refuse to do anything to help contain the spill.

I don't Know which is More Adorable...

Your Obsession with a Pundit...

Or your Idiocy.

:)

peace...

Maybe the Obama administration should have checked on these oil rigs a little more closely...

This spill is a example of what happens when you are forced to drill in deep oceans. Accidents will happen so hopefully the drillers will learn from this and use this knowledge to prevent future accidents. With the world oceans covering over 75% of the earth leakage of oil occurs naturally and the ocean does a pretty good job of cleaning up this oil that leaks. we could not allow US companies from drilling off our shores but what about the other countries that are drilling off our shores currently. We need the oil and drilling will continue so let the drilling continue and be more careful in the future. This was a accident not done on purpose. From space, air and automobile travel if we stopped after the first accident we would still be using horse and buggies, ships to travel and never gone to the moon. Sometime accidents help make thing safer in the future. This accident is also a good example why we should be drilling in Alaska. spilled oil in cold temps solidifies and is easy to clean up!!!

Forum List

Back