Palin on drilling after this recent catastrophy

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns - War Room - Salon.com
At almost the exact moment that Reuters broke the news (on Twitter) that a second oil drilling rig had overturned off the coast of Louisiana, Sarah Palin posted her latest Facebook "note." The headline: "Domestic Drilling: Why We Can Still Believe."

Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill

Hot Air Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill
Yes, I can it see it now. Palin standing on the gulf coast shouting "Drill Baby Drill". I don't know if she is just plain stupid or has a democrat on her staff.

Yup just blame BOOOOOOOOOSH and Palin. Nice try Hopey Changeys. Both aren't even elected officials for God's sake. This awful tragedy happened on your boy's watch. Now try to show at least some honesty & dignity and accept responsibility. Blaming BOOOOOOOOOSH & Palin just isn't gonna cut it. This tragedy is on you Hopey Changeys. Nuff said.

No, this tragedy will bring into focus the insanity of risking our home for a bit of oil that will make absolutely no differance in our dependence on foreign oil.

Time to ditch fossil fuels, period. We have the technology to replace them all with renewables. When you include the external costs of fossil fuels, the alternatives are much less expensive.

If we had the technology to do it cheaply, we would be doing it cheaply. See that's the beauty of the market. People buy what they can afford.

Assholaclipse...pay a bucking tension...MANY LFers even many on here loudly DISAGREED with Obama on bowing to the RW on the issue of the local drilling.

Seems that recent events are proving to be another boon to the Left's Political Come Back.

LOL!!!
hysterical.gif

Never saw one Left Winger criticize Hopey Changey on his decision to end the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. This never happened. In fact i actually saw most cheerleading for that decision. So like i said,quit your bitchin and quit trying to blame everyone else. This terrible catastrophe is on you Hopey Changeys. It is what it is.

I saw it. I said he has to stop trying to be bi partisan. Screw that, and i said he hasn't learned yet. He reached across so many and they always still said no. no no no...Screw that.

What I said yesterday about Limbaugh taking the line that this oil spill isn't that big a deal, I see that didn't take long to make it into the marching orders.

I don't suppose we can count on the Republicans adopting the 'Oil Spill was no big deal, deal with it' refrain as a major plank in their upcoming campaigns, can we?

No, that's probably too much to hope for. This line will probably remain limited to wingnuts only.

Considering that more oil naturally flows into the Oceans from underground crevices than was spilled here, I have to wonder why you think the earth isn't resilliant enough to handle these disasters.

I saw it. I said he has to stop trying to be bi partisan. Screw that, and i said he hasn't learned yet. He reached across so many and they always still said no. no no no...Screw that.

When has he ever tried to be bipartisan?

When Gas hits $5.00 a Gallon i'm pretty sure the Hopey Changeys are gonna screech "BOOOOOOOOOOSH!!" They're certainly not gonna blame their beloved Hopey Changey for this. I feel pretty confident i will be proven right about that.

I am lost. Who or what is this HOpey Changey thing you say in every fucking post you make? Help me out here please....

:doubt:

Yup just blame BOOOOOOOOOSH and Palin. Nice try Hopey Changeys. Both aren't even elected officials for God's sake. This awful tragedy happened on your boy's watch. Now try to show at least some honesty & dignity and accept responsibility. Blaming BOOOOOOOOOSH & Palin just isn't gonna cut it. This tragedy is on you Hopey Changeys. Nuff said.

Again, who is hopey changey? :doubt:

Sarah Palin calls for more drilling as second rig overturns - War Room - Salon.com
At almost the exact moment that Reuters broke the news (on Twitter) that a second oil drilling rig had overturned off the coast of Louisiana, Sarah Palin posted her latest Facebook "note." The headline: "Domestic Drilling: Why We Can Still Believe."

I see that no one bothered to actually read about this second rig that overturned. It's nothing, no leak, not an active rig but was being towed to a scrap yard. What a load of Bull, yes we should be drilling our asses off while searching for the next great energy source.

"An inland shallow-water drilling rig capsized near Morgan City, Louisiana, while being towed to a salvage yard, the Coast Guard said on Friday." (from the OP's link)

That second rig not having oil was made up by the fact that we cant stop the first problem from continuing to spew oil.

I wish both had a little bit of oil to spill. That way we would know what the entire problem is, not to be the way it is now. We cant stop this thing from spweing oil...but stick with thinking the other one not having oil (this time) is a good thing.

I see that no one bothered to actually read about this second rig that overturned. It's nothing, no leak, not an active rig but was being towed to a scrap yard. What a load of Bull, yes we should be drilling our asses off while searching for the next great energy source.

"An inland shallow-water drilling rig capsized near Morgan City, Louisiana, while being towed to a salvage yard, the Coast Guard said on Friday." (from the OP's link)

That second rig not having oil was made up by the fact that we cant stop the first problem from continuing to spew oil.

I wish both had a little bit of oil to spill. That way we would know what the entire problem is, not to be the way it is now. We cant stop this thing from spweing oil...but stick with thinking the other one not having oil (this time) is a good thing.

No it is not a good thing or a bad thing, it is a piss poor attempt to make drilling look more dangerous than it actually is. Shit happens, so we clean it up and continue. Or are you going to be the first to park your car? Permanently?

No it is not a good thing or a bad thing, it is a piss poor attempt to make drilling look more dangerous than it actually is. Shit happens, so we clean it up and continue. Or are you going to be the first to park your car? Permanently?

You forgot to say one thing...DRILL BABY DRILL!

Fellow retired service member, you are an idiot. No offense.

You forgot to say one thing...DRILL BABY DRILL!

Fellow retired service member, you are an idiot. No offense.

So many refuse to read and understand. How many times must I repeat myself. Drill our asses off while our scientists (without direction from the bureaucrats) find a better solution. But drill all we can to prevent American Dollars from going to the Mideast.

Now doesn't that make sense? Or are you confused? Since I'm an idiot you must be extremely confused.

Obviously America needs to continue to drill, it needs oil.

What I said yesterday about Limbaugh taking the line that this oil spill isn't that big a deal, I see that didn't take long to make it into the marching orders.

I don't suppose we can count on the Republicans adopting the 'Oil Spill was no big deal, deal with it' refrain as a major plank in their upcoming campaigns, can we?

No, that's probably too much to hope for. This line will probably remain limited to wingnuts only.

oh for crying out loud, here we go again with what Rush says and the Republican party..:cuckoo:

People here are repeating what Limbaugh said.

Considering that more oil naturally flows into the Oceans from underground crevices than was spilled here, I have to wonder why you think the earth isn't resilliant enough to handle these disasters.

Like I said, if conservatives and their Republican representation in the political arena want to go with that theme,

by all means do so. Do YOU want the Republican campaign this year to adopt a hey, it's no big deal, themesong about the oil spill?

Do you?

Like I said, if conservatives and their Republican representation in the political arena want to go with that theme,

by all means do so. Do YOU want the Republican campaign this year to adopt a hey, it's no big deal, themesong about the oil spill?

Do you?

I don't know what Rush says and don't care. It is a big thing and we need to get it cleaned up as soon as possible. while preventing as much damage as possible. However that doesn't change my stance on drilling more.

Has anyone, other than the anti drillers called for a cease in drilling since this has happened?

What would you have the US do? End all drilling and become COMPLETELY enslaved to foreign oil?

Well..........if all the restrictions on off shore drilling that Bush Jr. took out are reinstated? Well.....sure.

At least, as long as they don't go at it with the attitude of those who did this one. They didn't even consider the possibility of a blowout or a leak. They said the rig was too technologically advanced to have anything like that happen.

Combine that with the shitty slurry that Halliburton provided, well........anyone with half a brain pan could see that this COULD have been prevented.

Too bad the company was busy expanding its profit line at the expense of safety.

But then again, lots of energy companies do that. Massey Energy anyone?

have you parked your car yet azzhole? no? obie wan messiah hasn't either.. so until you do,, Palin is 100% correct..

There are bridge accidents it doesn't mean we eliminate bridges.

There are car accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate cars.

There are plane accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate planes.

There are oil rig accidents that doesn't mean we eliminate oil rigs.

The only way to guarantee there will never be an accident is to not do anything.

Forum List

Back