Palin-Obama Gap Melts to One Point

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Obama's new Gallup Poll job approval number is 47%. Last month it was 53%.

Regular Ticket readers will recall how in this space in late November we pointed out that Obama's closely-watched job approval slide was coinciding with Palin's little-noticed rise in favorability. And it appeared they might cross somewhere in the 40s.

Well, ex-Sen. Obama, meet ex-Gov. Palin.

The new CNN/Opinion Research Poll shows Palin now at 46% favorable, just one point below her fellow basketball fan.

(The same poll, btw, has bad news for Dick Cheney-haters; the outspoken former VP has climbed out of the 29% basement back up to 39% now. How do you suppose he's done that without a new book? But that's another story.)

Shocker polls: That Sarah Palin-Barack Obama gap melts to <em>1</em> point | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Regular Ticket readers will recall how in this space in late November we pointed out that Obama's closely-watched job approval slide was coinciding with Palin's little-noticed rise in favorability. And it appeared they might cross somewhere in the 40s.

The new CNN/Opinion Research Poll shows Palin now at 46% favorable, just one point below her fellow basketball fan.

(The same poll, btw, has bad news for Dick Cheney-haters; the outspoken former VP has climbed out of the 29% basement back up to 39% now. How do you suppose he's done that without a new book? But that's another story.)

Shocker polls: That Sarah Palin-Barack Obama gap melts to <em>1</em> point | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Sweet! This data (however inaccurate) will only help to push the GOP to put her on the ticket in 2012!!!!!!!

Sweet! This data (however inaccurate) will only help to push the GOP to put her on the ticket in 2012!!!!!!!

It gets better, it looks as though she is on a quest to start a third party.
This could be interesting.
It was just a matter of time, PDS and ODS will not be classified as pre-existing conditions. :lol:

Ignoring the foolish Palin bashing ................

I find it curious that so many scuff at the possibility of a viable third party. Sure in the past non have been able to break into the mainstream, but, this is not the past. People are really getting fed up with both parties and non political based polls show that most people still fall right of center on the major issues.

So the emergence of a viable third party could be on the horizon. Now, taking the White House in 2012? That could be a reach, but, making a stake for themselves in Washington, is possible.

Mike

Ohh I welcome 3rd parties.
But Palin as a Thrid party candidate? Come on now, get real.
That would just be a subsidiary of one of the other parties.

I too welcome a third fourth or fifth party. I won't join-don't believe in parties. If palin is the best one running, I will vote for her. If beck is the best one running, I will vote for him. I do not vote for incumbents-ever! (my own term limits)
I would love to see a third party knock some sense into our political system and believe that the time is coming.
That doesn't stop me from being amused at the reaction to palin. Oh, and another thing, palin looks like my wife, my wife gets told all the time she and her look alike.
palin derangment syndrome (pds)and obama derangment syndrome (obs)are both real, and i find both very amusing.

Now we know why the 25% of the people in this country who admit to being liberal are afraid of her..... She is anti everything they believe in... She believes in people being responsible for themselves and not blaming other people for their problems, she believes in using every form of energy we have, lower taxes, not punishing businesses for making a profit, she has common sense, she doesn't believe we pollute the earth every time we breath, she doesn't believe that people should be able to kill unborn children, she believes the USA is a great country (not a piece of sh!t that we have to apologize for)... how refreshing....

AND THIS IS A CNN POLL!!!!! Can you imagine if it were a non-bias poll??????

Now we know why they are afraid.......

Last edited:
I expected the Palin jump in polling surrounding her book tour.

What has been unexpected is how well the book sales and tour are doing, and how quickly her approval ratings are climbing.

Equally surprising is how quickly Obama has been in decline the last month or so.

And a very interesting poll in relation to the 3rd Party issue - Rasmussen polling showing how a Tea Party platform is out polling the Republican brand 23% to 18%. Beyond that, if you also look at what the Democrats polled at - 36%, you see the makings for a significant anti-Democrat Party backlash coming down in the near term. The vast majority of the tea party advocates will vote Republican in 2010 - and when you combine those two numbers, you have a total percentage of 41% vs the 36% Democrat. That is an anti-Democrat public sentiment of nearly landslide proportions.

Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

I expected the Palin jump in polling surrounding her book tour.

What has been unexpected is how well the book sales and tour are doing, and how quickly her approval ratings are climbing.

Equally surprising is how quickly Obama has been in decline the last month or so.

And a very interesting poll in relation to the 3rd Party issue - Rasmussen polling showing how a Tea Party platform is out polling the Republican brand 23% to 18%. Beyond that, if you also look at what the Democrats polled at - 36%, you see the makings for a significant anti-Democrat Party backlash coming down in the near term. The vast majority of the tea party advocates will vote Republican in 2010 - and when you combine those two numbers, you have a total percentage of 41% vs the 36% Democrat. That is an anti-Democrat public sentiment of nearly landslide proportions.

Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

I agree 100%. GOP or Third Party. Palin is the one. Palin 2012!!!!

I find it curious that so many scuff at the possibility of a viable third party. Sure in the past non have been able to break into the mainstream, but, this is not the past. People are really getting fed up with both parties and non political based polls show that most people still fall right of center on the major issues.

So the emergence of a viable third party could be on the horizon. Now, taking the White House in 2012? That could be a reach, but, making a stake for themselves in Washington, is possible.

Mike

Dream your little dream, I guess...

All I want is a party who will give me my own money back and let me decide what to do with it... Is that too much to ask for??????

All I want is a party who will give me my own money back and let me decide what to do with it... Is that too much to ask for??????

Sadly, that has been too much to ask for for some time...

Mike

People who don't even consider voting for a 3rd Party candidate are, IMHO, sheep.

Now we know why the 25% of the people in this country who admit to being liberal are afraid of her..... She is anti everything they believe in... She believes in people being responsible for themselves and not blaming other people for their problems, she believes in using every form of energy we have, lower taxes, not punishing businesses for making a profit, she has common sense, she doesn't believe we pollute the earth every time we breath, she doesn't believe that people should be able to kill unborn children, she believes the USA is a great country (not a piece of sh!t that we have to apologize for)... how refreshing....

AND THIS IS A CNN POLL!!!!! Can you imagine if it were a non-bias poll??????

Now we know why they are afraid.......

What??? Are you joking??? When does she ever take responsibility for anything?? She blames everyone else for the problems she had during the campaign. John McCain's staff, Katie Couric, and John Gibson. Did I forget anybody??

I realized something just today that I wasn't able to put my finger on until now. I don't know what took me so long!!! Sarah Palin reminds me totally of all of the bitches I worked with for years at the office..

Truthfully, I hated working with women. When they were nice, they were great. But the majority were backstabbing, lying, bitches. That's exactly what Sarah Palin reminds me of. Have you ever heard of her having a close woman friend?? I haven't.

I think there is a difference between favorable view than liking the platform they are running on. A favorable view might be liking the person personally while liking the platform is liking what they say they will do.

Mike

I am in 100% agreement with this intelligent person. It isn't wise to be a blind follower of the Democratic or Republican party any longer. Time to open up your eyes and think for yourself, America.

There you have it...No BRAINER to run Palin in 2012

No way Obama can beat her..

Palin/Bachman 2012

Forum List

Back