Palin: Obama Bringing U.S. Back To 'Before The Civil War'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Mollie Reilly

Sarah Palin weighed in Thursday on a video of Barack Obama embracing the late Professor Derrick Bell, stating during an interview that the clip revealed that the president is "bringing us back...to days before the Civil War" when racial discrimination was prevalent.

In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Palin discussed Obama's affiliation with Bell, a former Harvard professor who passed away last year. A video released earlier this week showed Obama, then a student at Harvard Law School, praising Bell at a rally in support of the university hiring more minority faculty.

"He is bringing us back...to days before the Civil War, when unfortunately too many Americans mistakenly belived that not all men were created equal," she said. "What Barack Obama seems to want to do is go back to before those days when we were in different classes based on income, based on color of skin."

Earlier in the show, Palin accused Obama of "trying to divide" the country, "based along lines of gender, of religion, of income, even of race," citing the president's association with Bell.

"Look at his embracing of Derrick Bell, the radical college racist professor whom he...embraced literally and figuratively asking others to open their hearts and minds to the radical agenda of a racist like Derrick Bell who believed that white men oppress blacks and minorities," she said. "And Barack Obama, evidently at least at the time, believed what Derrick Bell believed."

The 1991 footage in question was touted as game-changing by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart at CPAC, weeks before he unexpectedly passed away. However, the clip was also included in a 2008 PBS special, and has made few waves outside of conservative circles.

More: Sarah Palin: Obama Is Bringing Back Discrimination From 'Days Before The Civil War'

Sarah Palin still thinking about a presidential bid? - Fox News Video - Fox News

normally what happens at this point in the election cycle, is the parties will pick something they want to push and slowly have members of their party keep it in the news. i was actually wondering who would be next. and now i wonder how long they wait and who talks about it after Palin. it's really fascinating if you've been around long enough and can remember stuff that happens every four years.

...days before the ..... Civil War.....
facepalm.gif

The first black tenured professor at Harvard. Of course the right is going to call him a "racist" and a "radical". He's "black".

The first black tenured professor at Harvard. Of course the right is going to call him a "racist" and a "radical". He's "black".
ONLY at the Law school rdean. Do not look at the B school as the law school, medical school, under gradate school, etc.

Palin: revealed that the president is "bringing us back...to days before the Civil War" when racial discrimination was prevalent.

racial discrimination is Palin's definition for Slavery ???

Palin: revealed that the president is "bringing us back...to days before the Civil War" when racial discrimination was prevalent.

Well she did do her part to end racial discrimination, she gave Glenn Rice a piece of that flat ass.
The book this comes from is by the ....uh....well known JOE McGuiness, I think he wrote the Kerry fiction with Corsi. One would hope Mr. Rice had better taste, but I do not know. ; )

Well she did do her part to end racial discrimination, she gave Glenn Rice a piece of that flat ass.
The book this comes from is by the ....uh....well known JOE McGuiness, I think he wrote the Kerry fiction with Corsi. One would hope Mr. Rice had better taste, but I do not know. ; )

Did you read the book?

"He is bringing us back...to days before the Civil War, when unfortunately too many Americans mistakenly belived that not all men were created equal," she said. "What Barack Obama seems to want to do is go back to before those days when we were in different classes based on income, based on color of skin."

Palin’s ignorance knows no bounds.

Forum List

Back