PALIN never owned a passport?

MichaelCollins

US last in Foreign aid
Sep 6, 2008
London
And she is standing to be one elderly heartbeat away from being President of the US??

You couldn't make it up. Only in america.

Admittedly she couldnt be more ignorant than GW...but surely the fact that she has never been overseas tells us EVERYTHING we need to know about this little nobody?

And she is standing to be one elderly heartbeat away from being President of the US??

Admittedly she couldnt be more ignorant than GW...but surely the fact that she has never been overseas tells us EVERYTHING we need to know about this little nobody?

If I remember reading, she got one for the first time in 2007. Still a damn long time though.

She is more ignorant than Bush.

And then you have Grampa who doesn't know how to use a computer.

Frightening....

oh please--my Mother has been to Hong Kong-----trust me--a passport does not an expert on foreign affairs make.

oh please--my Mother has been to Hong Kong-----trust me--a passport does not an expert on foreign affairs make.

I think it is a little scary that a man who could be the leader of the free world doesn't even know how to use a computer. There is really no excuse if he wants to stay current with the times.

Unless he thinks using a typewriter and telegrams make him a maverick.

$telegram.jpg

Shit, I guess he does think so. :badgrin:

You mean when I was deployed oversea's and didn't have a passport, , I could have come home from all that extended duty? All this time, too and now someone tells me. lol Come on people, not having a passport doesn't mean a thing. Up until recently you didn't need one to go to Mexico or Canada or on a cruise. I can tell you, I have met plenty of people who have gone to other countries with a passport and they are no experts when it comes to foreign policy.

Yes, I am sure she knows as much about foreign affairs as Joe Biden.

So the top of your ticket, is a bumbling fool when it comes to foreign policy. But vote for Biden for foreign policy....

So the top of your ticket, is a bumbling fool when it comes to foreign policy. But vote for Biden for foreign policy....

I've heard how John McCain is such a expert on foreign policy. Then I see him make all these mistakes and having Joe Lieberman correct him.

Then he doesn't know that Iraq does NOT border Pakistan. :eek:

They teach that stuff when your a kid.

Oh and he still thinks Checkoslovakia is a country.

Scary coming from a guy who doesnt know what a computer is either. I may joke about the telegram stuff but really a president should be current with the times and technology.

It only shows your out of touch, it isn't funny or cute if you want to be a world leader but you can't connect with the rest of the world by the most simple way now a days.

You must mean you are shocked that Palin didn't own a passport until she got one before traveling to Iraq, Kuwait and Germany, right?

Your definition of "ignorant" and mine may be a bit different. You think a Presidential candidate should first be a jet setter? Lots of times sunbathing on the Riviera, shopping in London and sightseeing in Rome? International travel while serving in office doesn't count? If so that would mean James Monroe, Andrew Johnson, Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter and probably some I've missed were all actually unqualified to be President in your book. Well, some were outside this country while serving in the military -does that count? Some of these men never left this country until AFTER announcing they were running for President and some not until after being elected President. That isn't a list of all governors who became President -just the ones who did no international traveling before becoming President except as part of their service in some other government office -as Palin has done. That isn't counting any candidate who wasn't first a governor because I don't believe Lincoln ever traveled outside this country before running for President either -not sure he ever did leave the country even as President since the southern states started seceding from the Union as soon as he was elected.

Democrats must be in a real snit because they act like Palin is running against Obama, constantly comparing her qualifications against his - when she isn't running for President. Must bother you because most people recognize she actually has more relevant experience for that job compared to Obama anyway. And after seeing how McCain's mother is still kicking ass at 96, I wouldn't hold your breath that McCain is going to kick the bucket before she does. And she doesn't look like she's planning on it anytime soon.

I've heard how John McCain is such a expert on foreign policy. Then I see him make all these mistakes and having Joe Lieberman correct him.

Then he doesn't know that Iraq does NOT border Pakistan. :eek:

They teach that stuff when your a kid.

Oh and he still thinks Checkoslovakia is a country.

Scary coming from a guy who doesnt know what a computer is either. I may joke about the telegram stuff but really a president should be current with the times and technology.It only shows your out of touch, it isn't funny or cute if you want to be a world leader but you can't connect with the rest of the world by the most simple way now a days.

:eusa_hand:

For a good chuckle watch some of Obama's foreign policy blunders, among other policy gaffes watch...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5R6kVry4_c&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania II - Hero of the Stupid[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania I - Dumber than Dumb[/ame]

To be honest I believe a lot of gaffes are simply to do with fatigue but they are funny.

As far as computers go, he seems to have made it to this point and by even democratic accounts pretty sucessfully without an extensive computer knowledge.

At least she got hers to visit with troops overseas, not make speeches in Europe for photo ops.

Why is that when A is discussed, some posters immediately hijack the thread and start discussing Y? And then they begin attacking Y. And then the thread turns into a yukfest about Y.

Why is that?

Is it a throwback to the playground I wonder?

Why is that when A is discussed, some posters immediately hijack the thread and start discussing Y? And then they begin attacking Y. And then the thread turns into a yukfest about Y.

Why is that?

Is it a throwback to the playground I wonder?

Why is it you feel the need to use A and Y for distracting a thread? When all you would have to do is replace the letters with your supposed offense?

Maybe it's because you are.....:eusa_shifty:

Why is it you feel the need to use A and Y for distracting a thread? When all you would have to do is replace the letters with your supposed offense?

Maybe it's because you are.....:eusa_shifty:

Nope, it should have been self-evident to anyone who read the thread what made me think of it. But it made me think of how often this particular ploy is used. Now, so as not to be accused of being partisan I substituted names for letters. "A" can mean whatever someone wants it to mean, as can "Y". In other words it's just as invalid a tactic if someone uses Biden instead of A and substitutes Palin instead of B.

Nope, it should have been self-evident to anyone who read the thread what made me think of it. But it made me think of how often this particular ploy is used. Now, so as not to be accused of being partisan I substituted names for letters. "A" can mean whatever someone wants it to mean, as can "Y". In other words it's just as invalid a tactic if someone uses Biden instead of A and substitutes Palin instead of B.

This ploy is used by a very good number of people on this board. You'll see it almost everytime there is a "negative" thread about McCain, Palin, or the GOP in general.

Worldwide travel... independent of office....shows an enquiring mind, an open mind and an understanding that the US is just a small part of the world. it shows an interest in other cultures and a desire to learn more than the very limited and closed culture that one is brought up in.

Palin's lack of travel to me shows a hillbilly ignoramus entirely unworthy of any trust or position of power.

This ploy is used by a very good number of people on this board. You'll see it almost everytime there is a "negative" thread about McCain, Palin, or the GOP in general.

Quotes in this thread that don't pertain to the thread title in order...

She is more ignorant than Bush.--Kirk
And then you have Grampa who doesn't know how to use a computer.--Kirk
Yes, I am sure she knows as much about foreign affairs as Joe Biden.--Kirk
I think it is a little scary that a man who could be the leader of the free world doesn't even know how to use a computer. There is really no excuse if he wants to stay current with the times. Unless he thinks using a typewriter and telegrams make him a maverick.---Robert

Hmmm..who do you think is doing the distracting here?:eusa_shifty:

Quotes in this thread that don't pertain to the thread title in order...

She is more ignorant than Bush.--Kirk
And then you have Grampa who doesn't know how to use a computer.--Kirk
Yes, I am sure she knows as much about foreign affairs as Joe Biden.--Kirk
I think it is a little scary that a man who could be the leader of the free world doesn't even know how to use a computer. There is really no excuse if he wants to stay current with the times. Unless he thinks using a typewriter and telegrams make him a maverick.---Robert

Hmmm..who do you think is doing the distracting here?:eusa_shifty:

Thanks for pointing mine out, but you ignore Dilloduck's comment which I WAS RESPONDING TO.

Why? Oh wait cause Dillo's not a liberal!

Ding Ding Ding!

If I see BS, I'm going to respond to it. Simple as that.

The distraction is an immediate response, a calculated response. Threads diverge, that's what makes them interesting but if the response from opponents is merely to start a divergent attack on anothe figure then the thread usually becomes...dysfunctional. Small wonder people get annoyed with partisan politics when there's no attempt to examine an issue from many perspectives.

Forum List

Back