Palin Mobbed By Supporters

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Sarah Palin, as a guest at the Daytona 500, was treated like political royalty by fans, race car drivers, and event sponsors.

The Palin phenom continues in high gear folks - pun intended...

___

Sarah Palin Mania takes over Daytona

When she arrived for the drivers meeting, Palin was immediately mobbed. She briefly chatted with Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele, shook hands with supporters and smiled big.

She took a seat up front next to Harry Connick Jr., who sang the national anthem for the race. When NASCAR president Mike Helton acknowledged her as a special guest, she got the largest ovation from the room, packed from the front to the back with drivers, team members, support personnel and onlookers.

After sitting through the meeting, Palin could not get out the door. Fans mobbed her, asking for pictures and autographs. Her 12-person entourage, comprised of track security, a policeman, friends and spokespeople, tried to get her to the door and to her next appearance. But Palin could not help herself, and kept signing and posing for pictures.

...Palin, in town to speak at the Chamber of Commerce on Monday and sign copies of her book, "Going Rogue," continued on toward the track, stopping to take pictures with soldiers, firemen, men, women and children. She entered pit road and stopped to meet Richard Petty. Then she made her way to the tri-oval stage in front of the grandstands, where she delivered a 30-second message that roused the crowd.

As she tried to make her way out, Palin kept stopping for her fans, who shouted, "We love you, Sarah!" Her spokespeople kept screaming, "We gotta go! We gotta go!" But Palin kept obliging, relishing all the love.

___

Full article here:

Sarah Palin Mania takes over Daytona International Speedway. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

I don't know what I would of done if I haven't been able to read this for the 3rd time in a new thread. :rolleyes:

well how about all those stupid teabaggers at Daytona.

Go Sarah.:lol:

She has certainly had a remarkable transformation this past year and will be among the more influential voices heading into the 2010 election cycle...

She has certainly had a remarkable transformation this past year and will be among the more influential voices heading into the 2010 election cycle...

Is that a good thing?

That certainly is open to debate.

For now - yes.

I never thought I would see in my life time another politician as dumb, ignorant, not well-read, insipid and incurious about the world around them than Dumbya. Then along comes Palin....

...and you're supporting her...

....says a lot about you...

...none of it good...

Sarah Palin, as a guest at the Daytona 500, was treated like political royalty by fans, race car drivers, and event sponsors.

The Palin phenom continues in high gear folks - pun intended...

___

Sarah Palin Mania takes over Daytona

When she arrived for the drivers meeting, Palin was immediately mobbed. She briefly chatted with Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele, shook hands with supporters and smiled big.

She took a seat up front next to Harry Connick Jr., who sang the national anthem for the race. When NASCAR president Mike Helton acknowledged her as a special guest, she got the largest ovation from the room, packed from the front to the back with drivers, team members, support personnel and onlookers.

After sitting through the meeting, Palin could not get out the door. Fans mobbed her, asking for pictures and autographs. Her 12-person entourage, comprised of track security, a policeman, friends and spokespeople, tried to get her to the door and to her next appearance. But Palin could not help herself, and kept signing and posing for pictures.

...Palin, in town to speak at the Chamber of Commerce on Monday and sign copies of her book, "Going Rogue," continued on toward the track, stopping to take pictures with soldiers, firemen, men, women and children. She entered pit road and stopped to meet Richard Petty. Then she made her way to the tri-oval stage in front of the grandstands, where she delivered a 30-second message that roused the crowd.

As she tried to make her way out, Palin kept stopping for her fans, who shouted, "We love you, Sarah!" Her spokespeople kept screaming, "We gotta go! We gotta go!" But Palin kept obliging, relishing all the love.

___

Full article here:

Sarah Palin Mania takes over Daytona International Speedway. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

WOW! Nascar fans like Palin! This is such a surprise.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back