Palin Look a Like book: Even I think this is low.

Dr.Traveler

Mathematician
Aug 31, 2009
sarah-palin-books_l.jpg

Going Rouge is Coming

We know that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin can hunt, and even field-dress a moose, but how will she take to poachers on her book sales? Start-up publisher OR Books has announced plans to publish Going Rouge: Sarah Palin An American Nightmare, a collection of essays about the maverick Republican with a title — and cover design — remarkably similar to Palin’s upcoming memoir. What’s more, OR’s paperback tome will be released on Nov. 17, the same day that Palin’s own Going Rogue: An American Life hits shelves — and one day after Palin’s just-announced, first-ever appearance on Oprah Winfrey’s show. (A shout-out to Ron Hogan at GalleyCat for the tip.)

Going Rouge is compiled by Richard Kim and Betsy Reed, two top editors of the left-leaning weekly The Nation, and includes essays by Nation regulars like Katrina vanden Heuvel, Naomi Klein, and Katha Pollitt. It’s the first release from OR Books, a fledgling outfit founded earlier this year by publishing veterans John Oakes and Colin Robinson that “embraces progressive change in politics, culture and the way we do business,” according to its website.

------------------------------------------

(continued at link above).

This actually seems like a pretty cheap stunt. Its no secret I'm not a Palin fan, but c'mon. Does it have to come to this?

EDIT: Also releasing the same day:

cover-promo1.jpg

Last edited:
say.. how long did that Fox News ripoff of the Daily Show last?

Liberals engaged in childish tricks and shitty behavior? That's what they do... they can't compete in the intellectual arena, so they attack everything. Fuck 'em.. don't even worry about this. Palin's book will do well and this other piece of trash will sell 100 copies.

say.. how long did that Fox News ripoff of the Daily Show last?

Wasn't it like two episodes?

Satire is a fine line. Go to far and you fail, not far enough and you fail. So far TDS has done it perfectly.

These Palin knock off books seem to cross the line too far.

I agree this book is pretty low....

It is intentionally misleading to those Americans who can't tell the difference between "Rogue" and "Rouge"

I will not elaborate on which Americans those are

I think all this is happening because there is a real fear of Sarah Palin and her potential in the political arena. If she was a "non-threat" we would have quit hearing about her long ago after the election. For example, you rarely hear comments about McCain these days. Sure, you see him on the news now and then but not as often as some other politicians. The idea is to turn Sarah Palin into a laughing stock so she won't be taken so seriously. Trouble is, none of the liberal cheap moves seem to be having much of an impact on her popularity. I believe you are going to hear more from Sarah Palin as the national elections near - that's my guess anyway. I could be wrong but I don't think so. She hasn't exactly rode her horse off into the sunset like many politicians do when they say they are hanging it up. I think she has a long term plan that is going to simply blow the liberal's minds when she releases it.

Maybe Libruls can come up with a new radio personality: Bush Rimbaugh.

------Libruls------------

------Original Ideas-----

Parallel tracks that never meet
They're stealing straight from Dick Morris on this one.

And referring to The Nation as left-leaning is about on a par with calling Mao a centrist. :lol:

When you mention Dick Morris, you have to mention the last book he is hawking. He does...ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

That hooker toe sucker makes me sick.

Play a game, the next time you see that freak on televsion, count how long it takes him to mention his latest book.

I think all this is happening because there is a real fear of Sarah Palin and her potential in the political arena. If she was a "non-threat" we would have quit hearing about her long ago after the election. For example, you rarely hear comments about McCain these days. Sure, you see him on the news now and then but not as often as some other politicians. The idea is to turn Sarah Palin into a laughing stock so she won't be taken so seriously. Trouble is, none of the liberal cheap moves seem to be having much of an impact on her popularity. I believe you are going to hear more from Sarah Palin as the national elections near - that's my guess anyway. I could be wrong but I don't think so. She hasn't exactly rode her horse off into the sunset like many politicians do when they say they are hanging it up. I think she has a long term plan that is going to simply blow the liberal's minds when she releases it.
The nutters didn't even pile onto Dan Quayle this bad, even though it was evident that he was going to attempt a run for the GOP nomination.

Maybe Libruls can come up with a new radio personality: Bush Rimbaugh.

------Libruls------------

------Original Ideas-----

Parallel tracks that never meet
They're stealing straight from Dick Morris on this one.

And referring to The Nation as left-leaning is about on a par with calling Mao a centrist. :lol:

When you mention Dick Morris, you have to mention the last book he is hawking. He does...ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

That hooker toe sucker makes me sick.

Play a game, the next time you see that freak on televsion, count how long it takes him to mention his latest book.
I made no comment on Morris personally, just that the moonbats at The Nation haven't an honestly creative bone in their bodies.

While I'm at it here, if you want to find an elitist snot who was born on third base and acts as though they hit a triple, you need look no further than Katrina vanden Heuvel.

The difference, of course, will be that Sarah Palin's book will be on the New York Times Bestseller list for weeks while the 'rouge' book will end up in the discount section after the first week.

I think you are right, but I can't help being very curious about "Going Rouge". I've often wondered what her detractors are so incensed about.

It is beginning to look that way. They must be really worried about Sarah to keep slinging mud at her the way they are. You'd think they'd actually just STFU about her but the constant whining by the left is becoming laughable.

Personally, as a potential Presidential candidate she wouldn't get my vote but then I can't think of anyone currently on the political scene that would. I rate them all as equal on the 'corrupt idiots I would like to kick out of Washington' scale.

sarah-palin-books_l.jpg

Going Rouge is Coming

We know that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin can hunt, and even field-dress a moose, but how will she take to poachers on her book sales? Start-up publisher OR Books has announced plans to publish Going Rouge: Sarah Palin An American Nightmare, a collection of essays about the maverick Republican with a title — and cover design — remarkably similar to Palin’s upcoming memoir. What’s more, OR’s paperback tome will be released on Nov. 17, the same day that Palin’s own Going Rogue: An American Life hits shelves — and one day after Palin’s just-announced, first-ever appearance on Oprah Winfrey’s show. (A shout-out to Ron Hogan at GalleyCat for the tip.)

Going Rouge is compiled by Richard Kim and Betsy Reed, two top editors of the left-leaning weekly The Nation, and includes essays by Nation regulars like Katrina vanden Heuvel, Naomi Klein, and Katha Pollitt. It’s the first release from OR Books, a fledgling outfit founded earlier this year by publishing veterans John Oakes and Colin Robinson that “embraces progressive change in politics, culture and the way we do business,” according to its website.

This actually seems like a pretty cheap stunt. Its no secret I'm not a Palin fan, but c'mon. Does it have to come to this?

cover-promo1.jpg

I always say "There ain't no low that's too low for a liberal to go.

sarah-palin-books_l.jpg

Going Rouge is Coming

cover-promo1.jpg

Why Traveler? It isn't as if she wrote her book.. She got someone to do all the legwork for her, trying to make a fast buck.

In a way, she is ripping off Republicans who are dumb enough to buy the book only because it has her picture on it. They need to be more informed.

Forum List

Back