Palin leaves town $19 million in debt

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
When Palin took over Wasilla, the town had no long-term debt. By the time she was done, debt service had increased by 69 percent, the town had close to $19 million in long-term debt, making the debt around $3000 per capita. And the Mccain campaign is asking us - seriously - to consider her a fiscal conservative.

She is a Bush-Cheney fiscal conservative: low taxes, unprecedented new spending, utter incompetence, endemic cronyism and massive debt.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Now thats change we can believe in if the Republicans get in. What Republican doesnt rack up debt.

She mismanaged Wallisa, she abused her power as governor, she doesn't know sh*t about foreign policy, but hey, McCain thinks she's hot, so let's put her in as vice president.

sigh, you just dont get it
the debt is in bonds issued by the town, and the voters in the town approved them

She mismanaged Wallisa, she abused her power as governor, she doesn't know sh*t about foreign policy, but hey, McCain thinks she's hot, so let's put her in as vice president.
i hope your not alone on nov 5th

When Palin took over Wasilla, the town had no long-term debt. By the time she was done, debt service had increased by 69 percent, the town had close to $19 million in long-term debt, making the debt around $3000 per capita. And the Mccain campaign is asking us - seriously - to consider her a fiscal conservative.

She is a Bush-Cheney fiscal conservative: low taxes, unprecedented new spending, utter incompetence, endemic cronyism and massive debt.

Chris,

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can look at a financial report with a jaded view and see, the big bad republicans at work. The fact is you may want to look at the real financial report before you make a blanket statement of how she left the town in such a state of disaster. I can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I do see the motivation though, when the democrats see competition , rather than talk about the non existant merits of their own candidate the have come come up with something. So I guess this is it? I have taken the liberty of providing you the "entire" FY002 Wasilla , Alaska financial report. I paints a somewhat different picture than your claiming. As for long term debt? Just how do you think city's get things built? taxes and bonds, they have to sale the bonds in order to build the multi-use complex your talking about. Those bonds eventually mature. It's no different than you buying a US savings bond.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregoniantest/2008/09/wasillabudget

Chris,

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can look at a financial report with a jaded view and see, the big bad republicans at work. The fact is you may want to look at the real financial report before you make a blanket statement of how she left the town in such a state of disaster. I can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I do see the motivation though, when the democrats see competition , rather than talk about the non existant merits of their own candidate the have come come up with something. So I guess this is it? I have taken the liberty of providing you the "entire" FY002 Wasilla , Alaska financial report. I paints a somewhat different picture than your claiming. As for long term debt? Just how do you think city's get things built? taxes and bonds, they have to sale the bonds in order to build the multi-use complex your talking about. Those bonds eventually mature. It's no different than you buying a US savings bond.

[
That's great she manage a town of 6,000 people which had a surplus going into it. She got more earmarks then Boise, Idaho.

Chris,

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregoniantest/2008/09/wasillabudget

She took a small town with very little debt and increased their debt to $20 million dollars in order to build a sports complex. She rushed the deal through before the city even had title to the land, thus costing this small town an additional $1.3 million dollars. She is an incompetent, power hungry, free spender, just like George Bush.

She took a small town with very little debt and increased their debt to $20 million dollars in order to build a sports complex. She rushed the deal through before the city even had title to the land, thus costing this small town an additional $1.3 million dollars. She is an incompetent, power hungry, free spender, just like George Bush.
as per your usual, fuck the fact, you will continue to post your lies

Actually where to begin, I won't humor the democratic George Bush talking points , I don't do that sort of thing Chris. If a town wishes to build new facilities they sale bonds to do so. Those bonds when sold build interest over time at a set rate. What the city gets in return is a new facility. It is no different in any town that wishes to say , build a new school, or new park. As for your observations, I guess we will have to disagree on that one, because, taken as a whole she has a higher approval rating than well, 94% of every democrat in the country in her state. So guess thats out. On the power hungry thing. that's another talking point and something people like to toss out there as a diversion. If you want to talk facts let's? Your candidate was voted into the US Senate in 2005 took office in Jan. 2005 and annouced his run for president in feb 2007. so that leaves what? two years in the US Senate before announcing his ambitions and you think Sarah Palin is power hungry?

Actually where to begin, I won't humor the democratic George Bush talking points , I don't do that sort of thing Chris. If a town wishes to build new facilities they sale bonds to do so. Those bonds when sold build interest over time at a set rate. What the city gets in return is a new facility. It is no different in any town that wishes to say , build a new school, or new park. As for your observations, I guess we will have to disagree on that one, because, taken as a whole she has a higher approval rating than well, 94% of every democrat in the country in her state. So guess thats out. On the power hungry thing. that's another talking point and something people like to toss out there as a diversion. If you want to talk facts let's? Your candidate was voted into the US Senate in 2005 took office in Jan. 2005 and annouced his run for president in feb 2007. so that leaves what? two years in the US Senate before announcing his ambitions and you think Sarah Palin is power hungry?
Wasn't Palin voted in two years ago and Obama as I recall was in the state senate before that. Also he was a community organizer which probably had more responsibilty then being a mayor of Wassila from the sounds of it she didn't have to do much managing!

I wouldn't debate George Bush either, if I was a Republican.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

:rofl:
sigh, you just dont get it
the debt is in bonds issued by the town, and the voters in the town approved them

Thats how you rationalize it? Blame it on the voters of the town? Isn't she supposed to know this is bad then and not even put it up for a vote if she's ready to be their leader?

You Repub's just keep proving our point, and by the way, Pre- George Bush Andrew Sullivan was a Republican and is now an Independent so please don't scream that "Liberal media bias" BS

Wasn't Palin voted in two years ago and Obama as I recall was in the state senate before that. Also he was a community organizer which probably had more responsibilty then being a mayor of Wassila from the sounds of it she didn't have to do much managing!

Luissa,

Do you wish to compare the job of someone that goes from place to place on the south side of Chicago getting out the vote, which by the way is a noble thing to do but hardly is on the same level as a mayor or a gov. or for that matter the manager at the local supermarket. The largest budget that Obama ever planned and executed outside his own houehold was when he was on the board at DCP and that was 400,000.00 at its peak. Oppose that to Sarah Palin whos budgets were in the millions, they involved planning, and working with department heads to complete projects and manage a city and a state. What was Barack Obama doing when he was in the State legislature besides voting present over 130 times? Having rally's and talking? Yes, there is a huge difference between Obama and Palin, the first is she's not running for president , the second is her experience in matters of actually running a government at all levels is so vastly superior to his it doesn't even make for a fair comparison. The only reason that the democrats are in a freenzy over her is because she does not have the same views on social issues as half your party so therefor she must be a bad person.

as per your usual, fuck the fact, you will continue to post your lies

post your evidence to the contrary DC....

I get annoyed at the continued dismissal by Cons of these incidents that keep popping up regarding Palin, especially when they don't provide ANY evidence to back up their claim that it's lies....

SHOW US....prove the story wrong DC... c'mon... we're waiting.

I wouldn't debate George Bush either, if I was a Republican.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

Chris,

Actually Chirs one of the reasons I don't is because it always boils down to the blame game. The democrats like to blame everything and every ill on George Bush, hell if the grass in someones backyard turned brown i'm sure they could find a way to spin it into being George Bush's fault. However, the facts remain, that congress, both democrat and republican voted for the war see S.J. Res. 45 A. Further, they have funded the war all these years , even Barack Obama has voted for war funding, so they lack the courage of their convictions? I don't think thats it, I just think they like to place blame when they know it's easy to do so to aquire votes .

Whoa. Apply that percentage increase to the current national debt...I may have to change my campaign sticker to McWorse.

Chris,

Actually Chirs one of the reasons I don't is because it always boils down to the blame game. The democrats like to blame everything and every ill on George Bush, hell if the grass in someones backyard turned brown i'm sure they could find a way to spin it into being George Bush's fault. However, the facts remain, that congress, both democrat and republican voted for the war see S.J. Res. 45 A. Further, they have funded the war all these years , even Barack Obama has voted for war funding, so they lack the courage of their convictions? I don't think thats it, I just think they like to place blame when they know it's easy to do so to aquire votes .

do you deny that many in Congress probably based their initial vote on the FALSE information provided by the Bush administration? Lies repeated over and over both in public and I'd venture in private as well.

How, in good conscious could a Senator concerned about the safety of Americans vote against that war when they, like the American people, were led to believe Iraq was an immediate threat?

As for voting to fund the war, well once the troops were over there I'd assume the right thing to do would be provide them with the proper tools to keep them safe, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't vote for the war but I certainly wouldn't vote against funding the troops. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Luissa,

Do you wish to compare the job of someone that goes from place to place on the south side of Chicago getting out the vote, which by the way is a noble thing to do but hardly is on the same level as a mayor or a gov. or for that matter the manager at the local supermarket. The largest budget that Obama ever planned and executed outside his own houehold was when he was on the board at DCP and that was 400,000.00 at its peak. Oppose that to Sarah Palin whos budgets were in the millions, they involved planning, and working with department heads to complete projects and manage a city and a state. What was Barack Obama doing when he was in the State legislature besides voting present over 130 times? Having rally's and talking? Yes, there is a huge difference between Obama and Palin, the first is she's not running for president , the second is her experience in matters of actually running a government at all levels is so vastly superior to his it doesn't even make for a fair comparison. The only reason that the democrats are in a freenzy over her is because she does not have the same views on social issues as half your party so therefor she must be a bad person.

But did she run it well, anyone can get a job but not everyone can do it well. I am sure you have seen this but here is something she screwed up.

From the Wall Street Journal: The biggest project that Sarah Palin undertook as mayor of this small town was an indoor sports complex, where locals played hockey, soccer, and basketball, especially during the long, dark Alaskan winters. The only catch was that the city began building roads and installing utilities for the project before it had unchallenged title to the land. The misstep led to years of litigation and at least $1.3 million in extra costs for a small municipality with a small budget. What was to be Ms. Palin’s legacy ...

The more you learn about the woman the more question arise. Someone show me something she has done well or somewhere she has made a difference. She cut the budget for programs that help pregnant teens find jobs and housing. What a dumbass, Her daughter is one of those young women, I believe in Karma and I think it bit her in her fat ass.

New Topics

Forum List

Back