Palin: Laura, don't retreat, reload!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ABikerSailor, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,490
    Over this week, Dr. Laura Schleisenger decided to take a call on her show and repeat the n-word 11 times while talking to a black woman about the racist comments of her white husband.

There was a rather large public outcry, resulting in Dr. Laura stating that she's going to leave her radio show now, because her 1st Amendment Free Speech is being violated.

Sarah Palin, the Momma Gerbil, formerly Wasilla Chihuahua released a tweet yesterday in support of Dr. Laura.

She stated that Dr. Laura shouldn't retreat, she should reload. My question is, is the Wasilla Chihuahua encouraging Dr. Laura to start using the n-word 11 times again?

You know........Dr. Laura's free speech wasn't silenced. She was castigated by her public and the sponsors of her show. The government had NOTHING to do with it, and for you people that don't know what the First Amendment is, here's a copy of the text.....

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the Wasilla Chihuahua is such a great Constitutional scholar as she claims, how the fuck did she miss that?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,490
    By the way.......here's a copy of the tweet she sent. You guys decide what she's telling Dr. Laura to "reload"..........

washingtonpost.com

3. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    she forgot to say...but dont shoot till you see they whites of their eyes....

4. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,490
    How the fuck is Dr. Laura's First Amendment rights being infringed upon? She was silenced by the public, not the government?

And, exactly what is Palin telling her to reload? More racist comments?

5. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,672
    Interesting considering that Dr Laura called Palin a bad mother during the 2008 election season.

6. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,490
    Palin just jumps on whatever she thinks is a good platform to yap from.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    you just described about 485 congresspeople and senators.

But palin is not a poltician. She is an entertainer. So I do not hold it against her.

Likewise, I do not hold it against Sean Penn, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow.

8. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I am still trying to figure out how her first amendment rights were infringed upon too.

We also have the first amendment right to tell her to we don't like what she has to say, and so do her sponsors.

9. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I don't hold it against her, but I do laugh. I got a message from her last weekend, it was good to hear from her. :lol: I get a lot of Tea Party calls these days, I believe I am considered a Republican, after having to pick one year for a Primary.

10. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,541
    Dr. Laura BLASTED Sarah Palin In 2008: 'Stunned' GOP Chose Her

Sarah Palin came to Dr. Laura Schlessinger's defense after the radio host ignited a firestorm over her incendiary use of the n-word.

But Dr. Laura herself was not so charitable back in 2008, when she criticized Palin for governing after she had a child born with Down's Syndrome.

In a blog post written shortly after Palin was selected as the Republican candidate for Vice President, and titled "Sarah Palin and Motherhood," Schlessinger pronounced herself "stunned" and "extremely disappointed" that the GOP had chosen her:

Couldn't the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn't want a "mature" woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?