Palin Goes After Obama on Coal Comments

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
This will not play well for Obama in rural Illinois. Whether he wins or not.

MARIETTA, OH –-Sarah Palin unleashed a new attack today after an audio file of an interview Barack Obama did in January 2008 was reported on conservative blogs and linked on the Drudge Report. Palin accused the Democratic nominee of wanting to bankrupt the coal industry.

“Barack Obama explained his plan to the San Francisco Chronicle this year, early this year. And he said that, sure, if the industry wants to build coal fired power plants, then they can go ahead and try, he says, but they can do it only in a way that will bankrupt the coal industry, and he’s comfortable letting that happen. And you gotta listen to the tape.

The audio file has been on the San Francisco Chronicle’s website since the January interview with its editorial board, but Palin accused the newspaper of withholding the information until right before the election.

“Now a couple points on this: One is that here again, why is the audio tape just now surfacing? This interview was given to San Francisco folks many, many months ago. You should have known about this, so that you would have better decision-making information as you go into the voting booth,” Palin said as shouts of “liberal media!” could be heard from the crowd.

Palin Goes After Obama on Coal Comments FOX Embeds FOXNews.com

This will not play well for Obama in rural Illinois. Whether he wins or not.

lol..

In response, Ohio Governor Ted Strickland, an Obama supporter, called Palin's charge a ``last-minute, desperate distortion'' of Obama's record.

Coal-State Senator

``After John McCain said he'd like to `transition away from coal entirely,' his campaign is hardly in a position to criticize a coal-state senator like Barack Obama who has outlined a $150 billion investment in clean coal and other technologies to create jobs and build a new energy economy,'' Strickland said in a statement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=as.wTY1nJKPI&refer=home

Palin's afraid she's going to lose 2010, which would make her chances of running in 2012 impossible.

lol..

In response, Ohio Governor Ted Strickland, an Obama supporter, called Palin's charge a ``last-minute, desperate distortion'' of Obama's record.

Coal-State Senator

``After John McCain said he'd like to `transition away from coal entirely,' his campaign is hardly in a position to criticize a coal-state senator like Barack Obama who has outlined a $150 billion investment in clean coal and other technologies to create jobs and build a new energy economy,'' Strickland said in a statement.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Transitioning away and bankrupting are very different things.

The Obama investment will give the industry a boost, transitioning away from coal will bankrupt the coal industry.

Obama is on tape saying that he will "bankrupt the coal industry." Are we to believe that he changed his mind?

Obama is on tape saying that he will "bankrupt the coal industry." Are we to believe that he changed his mind?

McCain was on record saying bush's tax cuts are not fair, are we to believe he changed his mind?

We aren't talking about McCain here. Stay on topic.

I was clearly making a point, McCain said Bush's tax cuts were unfair, now he wants to make them permanent. Believeable right? Well why is it so hard to believe this is just another lame desperate attempt that has fallen on deaf ears. McCain can change his mind, so can Obama. Very simple.

I was clearly making a point, McCain said Bush's tax cuts were unfair, now he wants to make them permanent. Believeable right? Well why is it so hard to believe this is just another lame desperate attempt that has fallen on deaf ears. McCain can change his mind, so can Obama. Very simple.

Yet thi has nothing to do with Obama saying he would bankrupt coal. I don't belive McCain either, but that isn't waht we are discussing. As Obama's constituent, I am simply at a loss that he said this at all. I don't understand why this wasn't screamed from the mountain tops in 04. But, i digress.

We'll see if he actually invests in coal.

Go, Sarah go! :clap2:

She is doing everything she can to support an Obama election.
557728166_0f98aa7c21.jpg

Yet thi has nothing to do with Obama saying he would bankrupt coal. I don't belive McCain either, but that isn't waht we are discussing. As Obama's constituent, I am simply at a loss that he said this at all. I don't understand why this wasn't screamed from the mountain tops in 04. But, i digress.

We'll see if he actually invests in coal.

Exactly, politicians words are, well just words. Hopefully promises are kept and whoever wins for once rewards those who put them in office, the people.

So Obama's cap and trade would cause electric rates to skyrocket. Also, Obama's plan will bankrupt the coal industry.

The audio file has been on the San Francisco Chronicle’s website since the January interview with its editorial board, but Palin accused the newspaper of withholding the information until right before the election.

that above was from the article....

so i guess that MEANS sarah is a LIAR, i suppose?

that above was from the article....

so i guess that MEANS sarah is a LIAR, i suppose?

Didn't we already know that?

McCain in september was up in alaska by 30 points. Now some polls are as low as 11. In Arizona at the same time he was up by 21 now only 3.5. If they dont end this race soon they will lose all 50 states.. j/k by the way, but it is looking bad if you like mccain.

McCain in september was up in alaska by 30 points. Now some polls are as low as 11. In Arizona at the same time he was up by 21 now only 3.5. If they dont end this race soon they will lose all 50 states.. j/k by the way, but it is looking bad if you like mccain.

According to the Politico.com map, which has a conservative view point, Alaska is now only leaning toward McCain.

Forum List

Back