Palin Gaining Independents

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Recent Gallop polling shows Sarah Palin gaining ground with Independent voters - the same group that is moving away from President Obama.

44% of Independents polled described themselves as at least "somewhat likely" to vote for Palin in 2012 - with nearly 20% describing themselves as "very likely".

Palin continues to do very well among Republicans - with 72% describing themselves as at least somewhat likely to vote for her in 2012 - 35% indicating very likely.

Perhaps most surprising is 17% of Democrats declaring at least a somewhat likely vote for Palin in 2012.

This same poll shows a majority of Americans believing the media's treatment of Palin is "unfair".

Many Americans Still See Political Future for Palin

It's true that Palin is gaining independence by quitting her job.

Now she can fish.

If Obama continues to lose ground with these Independents, he too will have plenty of time in a few years for fishing...

These results are gamed but I'm not sure why you put much into it.

Consider this:

These polls numbers are not having her run against anybody within her own party or Obama.

These poll numbers seem to put more emphasis on the "somewhat likely" aspect then the very likely aspect. The fact only 72% of Republicans would vote her isn't that great, neither is the fact only 35% are very likely to. If only 20-30% of Independents voted for her against Obama, she'd lose handily. The next election as several of the last ones have come down to the Independents.

When was the last time the Libertarians helped to elect a president? You can stick a fork in Palin, she is done.

I rather hope that the Republicans run Palin in 2012.

She'll appeal to the Republican base, I am sure.

She's they're kinda people.

The fact remains her standing with Independents has improved while Obama's standing with that same group has plummeted ten points within a couple months...

My 2 cents:

I like Palin for I think she would be better then anyone out there right now but, yes there is a but if Obama and the libs have shown me anything that is to not place all your eggs on one person.

I fancy how the libs hate her for this alone makes her appealing. I like how she would cut unnecessary spending, but I don't think a President would be good for her in 2012. I would like her to be able to hold people to the fire and cut cut cut cut, but one person isn't going to do that.

I guess we now know why liberals continue to slam her.....THEY ARE AFRAID OF HER!!!!! LOL

I guess we now know why liberals continue to slam her.....THEY ARE AFRAID OF HER!!!!! LOL

You could be right. The reaction of the extreme leftist minority to Palin is both freakish and devoid of sound reasoning.

She has certainly struck a nerve - both positive and negative, and continues to prove a fascinating still developing story...

No, there's another option. We're amused as hell at what a trainwreck she is and we're having a good laugh at her (and her supporters') expense.

:lol:

You could be right. The reaction of the extreme leftist minority to Palin is both freakish and devoid of sound reasoning.

She has certainly struck a nerve - both positive and negative, and continues to prove a fascinating still developing story...

My 2 cents:

I like Palin for I think she would be better then anyone out there right now but, yes there is a but if Obama and the libs have shown me anything that is to not place all your eggs on one person.

I fancy how the libs hate her for this alone makes her appealing. I like how she would cut unnecessary spending, but I don't think a President would be good for her in 2012. I would like her to be able to hold people to the fire and cut cut cut cut, but one person isn't going to do that.

She's a moron, she would be abused by foreign leaders, an did I mention she's retarded? On top of all that she fucking QUIT on her people when it got hard and you think she should be Prez?

I'm sorry but ANYONE who thinks Palin should be Prez is also a complete fucking moron. She also makes women look bad unlike Hillary who shows just how bright women are

Forum List

Back