Palin Flunks Foreign Policy in her Interview

And anytime you invoke God and military operation, you are arrogant and believe God only speaks to you, and gives you the authority to kill others! Bush spoke to God once, and God told him to invade Iraq! BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'" :eusa_whistle:

Palin didn't claim it WAS part of God's plan and in spite of the left wishing it happened and doing all it can to make other people believe it happened, Bush never said what you wrote above either. Shaath served as the foreign minister of the Palestinian Authority -and he ORIGINALLY did make this claim. But when everyone else present at that meeting, including every member of Bush's team as well as every single Muslim present including the Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas -all without exception denied Bush said any such thing, then Shaath changed his story REAL FAST. Then he said that Bush had been trying to explain how much he relies on his faith and not that God told him to invade Iraq after all. He still has a problem even with that version because every single person who was at that meeting - also denied Bush mentioned his own faith and religion AT ALL. But hey, don't let those sticky facts get in your way. It actually says far more about you than it does Bush that you would continue to repeat this proven lie for no reason than it suits your own political agenda. If the truth doesn't serve that agenda, the left has no problem going with lies instead.

The problem with you smear mongers, all of whom are either blatant liars, aren't interested in truth over a good smear - or significantly comprehension-impaired, is THAT ISN'T WHAT PALIN SAID EITHER. What she said is available on YouTube. No need to just make it up or go to a 2nd hand source for their remake of reality.

It was said in her church as a prayer request. You may not know this, but many Christian churches have members come forward with a prayer REQUEST asking the congregation for their prayers in some respect. After mentioning that her son would soon be deployed to Iraq, she asked the congregation to pray for those in the military, after which she said THIS: “Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That’s what we have to make sure that we’re praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan.” [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8q1Q-ohXE]YouTube - Sarah Palin Prayer Request[/ame] Gibson was so ignorant, Palin had to explain to him this was one of many paraphrases of Lincoln people have said ever since Lincoln said "Let us not pray that God is on our side during war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side."

Clearly she was asking the congregation to pray that what the military and our national leaders are doing is part of God's plan, not that she KNOWS it is. I'm giving Charles Gibson the benefit of the doubt here and is seriously comprehension-impaired. But it could be just as legitimate to claim he is a lying smear mongerer. Although claiming to be using her EXACT WORDS, what Gibson claimed she said was: “Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God." Selective omission of words in order to alter the meaning entirely of what someone said - is a LIE and a blatant attempt to DECEIVE others. But perhaps neither you nor Gibson possesses the critical thinking skills necessary to spot the BIG difference here between what she really said and what he claimed were her "exact words".

If ANY President, politician and yes, even a MINISTER claimed to be speaking for God or to personally know God's will beyond what is laid out in the Bible -it would deeply offend the vast majority of Christians. Christianity doesn't teach that we can possibly know the will of God beyond what is in the Bible -we can only pray for God's guidance that we are doing His will. And maybe you really didn't know this either -but for anyone to EVER claim to speak for God is considered BLASPHEMY. If a politician were ever to make such a claim, it would be Christians themselves who were outraged -and it wouldn't be the contrived and phony one you moonbats drag out every time a politician does mention God and then spend the next two weeks trying to figure out to pretend he/she said something in reference to God that never happened.

You are suffering from your own self-driven phobia about Christians. But you might want to remember that the appearance of devout and even conservative Christians isn't the new phenomenon here. Such people have been the majority the entire time and the vast majority of today's conservative Christians are still more socially liberal than those of just a few decades ago, much less the far past! The new phenomenon is the appearance of leftwing extremist atheists insisting such people now represent the "real" enemy of this country -and nothing but people to be ridiculed and lied about, their values spat on, their faith insulted and deliberately misinterpreted all in the hopes they are politically marginalized. A page taken straight out of the communist manifesto in case you didn't know that.

Last edited:
i think she handled it ok

Bull... I think anyone with some education, a reasonable command of the English language and no idea of what the Bush Doctrine was could have adlibed their way through that interview with the same bullshit she spouted.

She's nothing but window dressing for McCain. She's his fly-paper to trap uninformed voters.... those who don't read between the lines.

Bull... I think anyone with some education, a reasonable command of the English language and no idea of what the Bush Doctrine was could have adlibed their way through that interview with the same bullshit she spouted.

She's nothing but window dressing for McCain. She's his fly-paper to trap uninformed voters.... those who don't read between the lines.
you are entitled to your opinion
so am i
i completely disagree with you and think she did just fine
and i also think most voters would agree with me

View attachment 5875

If they're part of active duty, are they not part of the Military? Though I guess if your taking that POV above then your disagreeing with the way the Army counts suicides.

The V comment? Not only is it off-topic but it wasn't funny. The guns argument was no part of my argument about soldier suicides. You totally went off-topic in your 2nd paragraph and ignored my point about the National Guard. I never said guns should be banned, I believe Americans have a right to own a gun. Besides, there are too many ways to kill one's self other then with a gun. So your 2nd and even 1st paragraph are the reason I have the picture above.

Thirdly, it is true that people in the Military join with at least 18 years of civilian life and some carry baggage but that's not the point. Plenty of the people who have killed themselves have PTSD. POST TRUAMATIC STRESS DISORDER, does that ring any bells? You know, the mental disease that ONE IN FIVE U.S Troops are coming home with from Iraq and Afghanistan.

You don't get that through breaking up with a girlfriend or getting fired from McDonalds. (I know your talking about civilians when you say that but my point stands.)

Well your point is wrong. Comparing Military suicide to Civilian Suicide is stupid. Civilians get PTSD as well. PTSD is not something strictly related to combat experience. The only bell that's being rung is the one in your head.

I'm well aware that gun ownership has nothing to do with what you said, but it's the same LOGIC (ring a bell?) that you're using---a stupid one.

Let's look at this scenario. A woman is raped as a young girl, then joins the army. She never sees combat and kills herself shortly after leaving the military. Is this considered a military suicide??

If you're arguing that more help is needed to aid soldiers returning home from war, I agree with you 100% but comparing the military to civilians "in this respect" is upsurd.

Forum List

Back