Palin Fears Media Threaten Her First Amendment Rights

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
She's setting the women's rights movement back 100 years by complaining about unfair media attacks against her. Hillary Clinton was attacked over and over and over by the liberal media in the 1990s and did she ever complain just once?

Sorry, but if you're going to be commander in chief of this country, you can't whine and complain and yes I'll say it, bitch about how the media portrays you. This is proof positive that this woman is not ready for the big chair.

[youtube]emvRYHcPklU&e[/youtube]

[youtube]tzFYUztIQ_E&e[/youtube]

Political Radar: Palin Fears Media Threaten Her First Amendment Rights

ABC News' Steven Portnoy reports: In a conservative radio interview that aired in Washington, D.C. Friday morning, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin said she fears her First Amendment rights may be threatened by "attacks" from reporters who suggest she is engaging in a negative campaign against Barack Obama. Palin told WMAL-AM that her criticism of Obama's associations, like those with 1960s radical Bill Ayers and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, should not be considered negative attacks. Rather, for reporters or columnists to suggest that it is going negative may constitute an attack that threatens a candidate's free speech rights under the Constitution, Palin said. "If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media." However she feels about the way her story has been told in the press, Palin told WMAL she is not discouraged. "It's sort of perplexing to me, because I'm a practical person and plainspoken also, but just cutting to the chase and calling things like I see them, just like most Americans. But this has not left a bitter taste in my mouth, the bitter shots taken by the mainstream media and by some of the elitism there in Washington," Palin said. "What this has left me with is a very energized and positive feeling about America, because there are enough Americans who are desiring the positive change that John McCain's gonna usher in." Plante then suggested that in her next sit-down interview, Palin should tap the reporter on the knee and ask, "So who you votin' for?" Palin laughed and said, "Yeah, maybe that just would say it all." "I'm gonna try that," she said.

Whatever happened to open minded liberal fairness to everyone? Geeze, you sound like a bitter old white guy.

She's setting the women's rights movement back 100 years by complaining about unfair media attacks against her. Hillary Clinton was attacked over and over and over by the liberal media in the 1990s and did she ever complain just once?

Sorry, but if you're going to be commander in chief of this country, you can't whine and complain and yes I'll say it, bitch about how the media portrays you. This is proof positive that this woman is not ready for the big chair.

Political Radar: Palin Fears Media Threaten Her First Amendment Rights

IMO Women were set back quite a few years by the attacks that were allowed to go unquestioned against Hillary Rodham Clinton-- for you to suggest that Palin speaking out about what she perceives as sexism or an attack on her right to free speech . It’s along the same lines of suggesting that Obama speaking out against perceived racism sets back the civil rights movement by way of speaking out.

Neither one is worse Sexism or Racism or stripping anyone’s right to free speech or questions for that matter. What do you see-- seriously take a step back and look at the vitriol and hate for Joe the Plumber--- he spoke out and look at what happened to him-- his life was bared for the world to see. He was raped by he media because he dared to exercise his first amendment right in asking Obama a question OMG the perceived threat to Obama must have been really high. Why do you think anyone would attack a “joe” asking a simple question?

For the last time: I'm not a fucking liberal.

First time I've heard it. Although, I've heard you called other things. How do you claim you are not, yet not claim what you are?

Yes Hilary should have called them on it. Funny how we need Obama, but we don't need a Woman. Even one acting as a backup to the President, and chief of the Senate. Sure is a lot of pent up hate directed at Palin. Wonder what the true reason is for that. Republicans first with a woman vice president. I sure do wish they had run Rice as vice president. Imagine.

Forum List

Back