Palin Exposes Politics of Climate...

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Sarah Palin is at it again - speaking with clear conviction on the sham science behind the man-made global warming leap-of-faith religion in a recent column in the Washington Post...

____

Copenhagen's political science

By Sarah Palin
Wednesday, December 9, 2009

With the publication of damaging e-mails from a climate research center in Britain, the radical environmental movement appears to face a tipping point. The revelation of appalling actions by so-called climate change experts allows the American public to finally understand the concerns so many of us have articulated on this issue.

...The e-mails reveal that leading climate "experts" deliberately destroyed records, manipulated data to "hide the decline" in global temperatures, and tried to silence their critics by preventing them from publishing in peer-reviewed journals. What's more, the documents show that there was no real consensus even within the CRU crowd. Some scientists had strong doubts about the accuracy of estimates of temperatures from centuries ago, estimates used to back claims that more recent temperatures are rising at an alarming rate.

...In his inaugural address, President Obama declared his intention to "restore science to its rightful place." But instead of staying home from Copenhagen and sending a message that the United States will not be a party to fraudulent scientific practices, the president has upped the ante. He plans to fly in at the climax of the conference in hopes of sealing a "deal." Whatever deal he gets, it will be no deal for the American people. What Obama really hopes to bring home from Copenhagen is more pressure to pass the Democrats' cap-and-tax proposal. This is a political move. The last thing America needs is misguided legislation that will raise taxes and cost jobs -- particularly when the push for such legislation rests on agenda-driven science.

Without trustworthy science and with so much at stake, Americans should be wary about what comes out of this politicized conference. The president should boycott Copenhagen.
____

Full article here:

washingtonpost.com

I disagree but we've had this conversation before. I'll skip the dozen posts full of links and graphs and get straight to the jokes / off topic humor.

Never with the Sarah Palin, Republican version of Al Gore angle though. Thank goodness McCain picked her for VP or else he might have gotten a few more votes thanks to that inexperience crack.

I just broke my virginity of never had read a Sara Palin article!
Like I expected, and like what i've seen, nothing but a certified moron at work. If you are a Republican and actually think she has any business being one, shame on you... She makes us Republicans look bad!

I will share your pain by saying I hope Al Gore never gives another speech in favor of anything I believe in.

Palin amuses me. She seems so *thinks of first term which connotes* maverick. Does she not have advisors and those who handle PR? If she does, then she must ignore them. The impression I have is : She speaks much from a position of ignorance.

she speaks from a common sense position. she doesn't think the western world should spend trillions on a 'cure' that has even less credibility than the problem it is supposed to fix.

Palin amuses me. She seems so *thinks of first term which connotes* maverick. Does she not have advisors and those who handle PR? If she does, then she must ignore them. The impression I have is : She speaks much from a position of ignorance.

Her and Cheney both, they have no clue that there are hundreds of video recordings of them saying one thing back then and now another.

She has a lot of nerve opening her huge mouth when Alaska was melting all around her, the moron.

Her and Cheney both, they have no clue that there are hundreds of video recordings of them saying one thing back then and now another.

She has a lot of nerve opening her huge mouth when Alaska was melting all around her, the moron.

As per her usual M.O., she is clueless and panders to what she believes her audience wants to hear.

Gibson Interview: Does Sarah Palin Believe Global Warming is Man Made? - The World Newser

"A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made." (Newsmax, August '08)

"I believe that man's activities certainly can be contributing to the issue of global warming, climate change." (Interview with Charlie Gibson, September '08)

As per her usual M.O., she is clueless and panders to what she believes her audience wants to hear.

Gibson Interview: Does Sarah Palin Believe Global Warming is Man Made? - The World Newser

"A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made." (Newsmax, August '08)

"I believe that man's activities certainly can be contributing to the issue of global warming, climate change." (Interview with Charlie Gibson, September '08)

Which makes her an excellent politician does it not?

( i know---excellent politician is an oxymoon:tongue:)

It's more proof that she is pandering to a certain rightwing market.

They are living a dream -- they're actually going to TAX THE AIR.

No facts or science is going to stand in their way.

And Al Gore once again caught either lying or being completely clueless regarding the topic at hand...

___

Climategate: Gore falsifies the record

Al Gore has studied the Climategate emails with his typically rigorous eye and dismissed them as mere piffle:

Q: How damaging to your argument was the disclosure of e-mails from the Climate Research Unit at East Anglia University?

A: To paraphrase Shakespeare, it’s sound and fury signifying nothing. I haven’t read all the e-mails, but the most recent one is more than 10 years old. These private exchanges between these scientists do not in any way cause any question about the scientific consensus.

And in case you think that was a mere slip of the tongue:

Q: There is a sense in these e-mails, though, that data was hidden and hoarded, which is the opposite of the case you make [in your book] about having an open and fair debate.

A: I think it’s been taken wildly out of context. The discussion you’re referring to was about two papers that two of these scientists felt shouldn’t be accepted as part of the IPCC report. Both of them, in fact, were included, referenced, and discussed. So an e-mail exchange more than 10 years ago including somebody’s opinion that a particular study isn’t any good is one thing, but the fact that the study ended up being included and discussed anyway is a more powerful comment on what the result of the scientific process really is.

In fact, thrice denied:

These people are examining what they can or should do to deal with the P.R. dimensions of this, but where the scientific consensus is concerned, it’s completely unchanged. What we’re seeing is a set of changes worldwide that just make this discussion over 10-year-old e-mails kind of silly.

In fact, as Watts Up With That shows, one Climategate email was from just two months ago. The most recent was sent on November 12 - just a month ago. The emails which have Tom Wigley seeming (to me) to choke on the deceit are all from this year. Phil Jones’ infamous email urging other Climategate scientists to delete emails is from last year.

How closely did Gore read these emails? Did he actually read any at all? Was he lying or just terribly mistaken? What else has he got wrong?

Full article here:

Climategate: Gore falsifies the record | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog

uschill.gif

so Palin is a birther wingnut and climate change denier nut too...... suprise! - not.

BRRRRRRRRR.......

It be chilly here in Michigan. Where the Global Warming Al? :lol:

I heard 17 deaths from this latest winter storm - many were people trapped in cars??

Incredibly cold weather for this time of year - and spread throughout most of the country...

Forum List

Back