Palin emails prove to be media's scud missile

I'd love to see Ms. Palin go after these people. But she has too much class I suppose.

class isn't a word i'd use to describe sarah. but perhaps you'd like to do a comparison:

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service
US President Barack Obama is the target of more than 30 potential death threats a day and is being protected by an increasingly over-stretched and under-resourced Secret Service, according to a new book

By Toby Harnden in Washington 8:34PM BST 03 Aug 2009
Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.
Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.
Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously.

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

I'd love to see Ms. Palin go after these people. But she has too much class I suppose.

class isn't a word i'd use to describe sarah. but perhaps you'd like to do a comparison:

US President Barack Obama is the target of more than 30 potential death threats a day and is being protected by an increasingly over-stretched and under-resourced Secret Service, according to a new book

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.
Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.
Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously.

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

Nuh uh. Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton - On Congress - POLITICO.com

Navigate:

POLITICO
On Congress
Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton

Main Content
Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton - On Congress: Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton
December 03, 2009
Categories:

Homeland Security

Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton

Bit of a bombshell at this morning's Homeland Security Committee hearing:

U.S. Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan dismissed published reports that the level of death threats against President Obama are four times greater than typical threat levels against recent presidents — claiming the current volume of threats is comparable to that under George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

"It's not [a] 400 percent [increase]," Sullivan said during a heated exchange with Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), who suggested the service needed additional agents to protect the first African-American president.

"I'm not sure where that number comes from," he said, adding that the number of threats against Obama "are the same level as it has been [against] the last two presidents."

Sullivan said he would get more specific in a closed-door session with members of the Homeland Security Committee.

POLITICO.com: VIDEOS

That not what the guy who runs the secret service says.

all he said was it was not at 400% at whatever unidentified point in time that video was taken. was it 375???

he also never denied that president obama gets more death threats than any other president.

nice try at deflection. but it still makes the whining about palin moot.

it's also only a snippet of the hearing. so i'll guess that's the usual rightwing cut and paste.

Last edited:
Sarah Palin is not the President! She does not have the FBI or Secret Service investigating every threat.

The level of hatred towards this woman and her family is beyond bizarre.

I'd like to see how many of the MSM report on the threats. Unfortunately, they are digging for more important info like Bristol's bra size or Levi Johnston's mother's weed habit.

Sarah Palin is not the President! She does not have the FBI or Secret Service investigating every threat.

I'd like to see how many of the MSM report on the threats. Unfortunately, they are digging for more important info like Bristol's bra size or Levi Johnston's mother's weed habit.

puleeze... she's not the president but she either wants to be or she wants to manipulate who is. i'm really tired of people saying she should get a pass. she intentionally says things to inflame and divide. i don't condone ANY threats against anyone for their politics. not against sarah, not against anyone. but if you look at the rightwingnuts on this board who constantly call anyone to the left of atilla the hun treasonous and deserving of death, you'll forgive me for not exactly getting hysterical for sarah.

it's part of the price of saying "there are pro-america parts of the country"

again, i'm not condoning it, but she can always stop intentionally inflaming and dividing if she's worried about it.

puleeze... she's not the president but she either wants to be or she wants to manipulate who is. i'm really tired of people saying she should get a pass. she intentionally says things to inflame and divide. i don't condone ANY threats against anyone for their politics. not against sarah, not against anyone. but if you look at the rightwingnuts on this board who constantly call anyone to the left of atilla the hun treasonous and deserving of death, you'll forgive me for not exactly getting hysterical for sarah.

again, i'm not condoning it, but she can always stop intentionally inflaming and dividing if she's worried about it.

Yes, if you aspire to become POTUS you deserve to be attacked and lied about?

Please, give me a break hun.

This is how low our country has sunk. We can't get anyone worth a darn because the system destroys them if they try.

Nobody that is already in office can offer solutions without being destroyed because the other side jumps into their ass with both feet and lies about what they intend to do.

It's a vicious cycle that frankly I think shouldn't take place in a free country, but it does, and because it exists we suffer for it.

And Jillian - I don't give two craps about garbage posted on message boards. The MSM is supposed to be unbiased. Or at least pretend to be.

What they're supposed to be is Watchdogs that keep our government honest.

What they are instead is trouble-makers.

I remember when Bush was President the coverage made you want to put a gun in your mouth.

Now it's all big smiles and cheery news in the morning when reporting news that benefits Obama. If it's stories like Newt's staff resigning, they're all over it.

The difference is palatable.

Last edited:
she intentionally says things to inflame and divide

I get a laugh out of the above. Because Palin criticizes the boyking Obama, it is called inflaming and dividing.
:lol:

Then yours was a liberal cut and paste. Obama is the most pampered president in history. If he got daily death threats, wouldn't in be on the networks, and not in barely read news papers ? And if you remember back to Clinton and Bush, you could come right out and say you were going to kill them. Hell Waaaay back when Clinton was president a even crashed an airplane into the white house. Obama is just a whinny little twat. If you fart while he is on TV reading his teli-prompter then you will get a visit from the Secret Service. Sorry,
but Bam Bam has it good.

CRASH AT THE WHITE HOUSE - THE OVERVIEW - CRASH AT THE WHITE HOUSE - THE OVERVIEW - Unimpeded, Intruder Crashes Plane Into White House - NYTimes.com

CRASH AT THE WHITE HOUSE: THE OVERVIEW; Unimpeded, Intruder Crashes Plane Into White House
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: September 13, 1994

Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Single-Page

Shortly before 2 A.M. today, a small red-and-white plane flew low over 17th Street in the heart of the capital's downtown, banked left in a U-turn near the Washington Monument, and headed straight toward the President's bedroom in the White House.

No one tried to stop it.

Administration officials, who pieced together the flight path, said that the Secret Service agents stationed outside the South Portico had only seconds to scramble out of the way as the two-seat, propeller-driven Cessna 150, its power apparently shut off and only its wing lights on, came straight at them.

Gliding over the treetops, the Cessna passed the fountain and the red cannas blooming on the South Lawn, bounced off the grass just short of the White House, crashed through the branches of a magnolia tree planted by Andrew Jackson and came to rest in a crumpled heap two stories below the Clintons' unoccupied bedroom.

President Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton and their daughter, Chelsea, were sleeping across Pennsylvania Avenue at Blair House, the guest house for visiting dignitaries, while repairs were being made to the ventilation system in the White House residence. The Clintons moved back into the White House today.
Ads by Google

The authorities said the plane had been stolen and the pilot was Frank Eugene Corder, a 38-year-old truck driver from Maryland. His relatives said he had struggled with vertiginous moods, alcohol, a drug conviction, financial problems, the recent rupture of his third marriage and the death of his father.

Associates said that Mr. Corder, who was killed in the crash, even told a friend last year that he felt so hopeless he might fly a plane on a suicide mission to the White House. That could not be confirmed.

As the chilling sight of the crumpled airplane at the base of the mansion was beamed around the world, a debate began about whether White House security was lax.

Security officials said today that the plan for protecting the President against aerial attack relied more on moving him quickly to safety than on stopping the attack.

Secret Service officials, asserting that their shield around the President himself had not been penetrated, said their initial conclusion was that Mr. Corder was not trying to kill the President and appeared to have acted alone, though law-enforcement officials and several agencies would investigate.

Ads by Google

NEXT PAGE >

CRASH AT THE WHITE HOUSE: THE PILOT; Friends Depict Loner...
Clinton Bans Traffic in Front of the White House
Gap Cited in Rules on White House Threat

Last edited:
I'm sure there won't be much said about these emails on MSNBC or CNN. At least not until they can come up with a way to twist something into another Palin bashing fairy tale.

Palin emails show political persona, husband's key role - Yahoo! News

So what if Todd was an active part of the governor's day to day...sounds like he was a valuable resource in areas where it was needed. Just like the countless aides and assistants that are used by every other mayor, governor or president. Many of which, I'm sure, also relied on their spouses from time to time for one thing or another.

I was very disappointed that they didn't find the nude photos...oh wait, that was someone else.

Ha.ha. The Washington post is hiring 100 deligent readers to go through these 22,000 e-mails--so I guess that means that Sarah Palin has been the only one besides McDonalds to actually create a few private sector jobs recently--:lol:

Wow.

Just wow.

So it comes down to who gets the most death threats now?

Oh.

My.

God.

What have we become as a nation?

but if you look at the rightwingnuts on this board who constantly call anyone to the left of atilla the hun treasonous and deserving of death

can you link to 3-4 of those please?

class isn't a word i'd use to describe sarah.

so if class isn't a word you would you use, what word would you use? and what word or words would you use to say; describe the anti-palin at large crowd here?

but perhaps you'd like to do a comparison:

Forum List

Back