Palin draws hundreds at Iowa book signing

Palin draws hundreds at Iowa book signing - More politics- msnbc.com
SIOUX CITY - Hundreds of fans of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin gathered at a bookstore in Sioux City, Iowa, waiting early Sunday morning for Palin to arrive and begin autographing copies of her book, “Going Rogue.”

Hundreds? HUNDREDS? I need to recheck the estimates at Faux News, probably..

She hits my town tomorrow and you can bet she will draw thousands here. We are conservatives out here in the real country. I love the fact that she is ignoring the left coasts.:lol::lol: We have been nothing but fly over country for the libs.

Palin called North Carolina the 'real America' during the campaign.

Then Obama won North Carolina.:razz:

She hits my town tomorrow and you can bet she will draw thousands here. We are conservatives out here in the real country. I love the fact that she is ignoring the left coasts.:lol::lol: We have been nothing but fly over country for the libs.

Palin called North Carolina the 'real America' during the campaign.

Then Obama won North Carolina.:razz:

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are!

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Madonna Lueck arrived at the Iowa mall four hours before Sarah Palin did and waited on her feet to see the former Republican vice presidential candidate.

“Sarah tells the true story,” said Lueck, 70, a retired nurse from Sioux City who was among the more than 500 people who stood in line to see Palin yesterday. “She’s ready.”

The scene was not much different from other stops Palin, 45, has made on a book tour to promote her memoir, “Going Rogue: An American Life.” Still, this was Iowa, where the nation’s lead-off presidential caucuses are traditionally held every four years, so it sparked speculation about her potential 2012 candidacy among people at the book signing and local politicians.

“I see a lot of excitement for someone who has championed the conservative ideals, both the moral and fiscal issues,” said Brian Rosener, 44, the Republican Party chairman in the county that includes Sioux City.

Rosener, who invited Palin to return for a political event, called her the “complete package.”

Full article here:

Palin Iowa Stop Lifts Speculation on Presidential Run (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

CBS) Sarah Palin's book tour landed in Iowa over the weekend.

And, reports CBS News Correspondent Michelle Gielan, as the former running mate of GOP presidential candidate John McCain greeted hundreds of fans in Sioux City, power players in Washington were abuzz about whether the stop signals a Palin try for the Oval Office in 2012.

"The beauty for Sarah Palin is that a successful book tour can also be a successful launch of a presidential career,' CBS News political consultant John Dickerson said of the ex-Alaska governor.

Iowa isn't just any state. Its caucuses kick off the 2012 campaign season.

And buyers there of Palin's "Going Rogue" already sound a lot like potential voters.

"Yes, she has a chance," one told CBS News. "I think people are tired of the way things are run."

"I really think that she's a great symbol for the United States," said another.

Plain won over the conservative Iowa crowd after taking on a tougher audience Saturday -- Washington journalists gathered for their annual Gridiron Dinner.

In a joke-fueled speech, Palin said her book tour is better than her failed campaign with McCain, quipping, "The view is much better from inside the bus than under it."

McCain continues to insist he's proud of Palin, asserting on the NBC News program "Meet the Press" that, "We need vigorous discussion and debate in the Republican Party. She's gonna be a big part of that discussion and debate in the future."

Full article here:

Palin Iowa Stop Renews 2012 Talk - The Early Show - CBS News

Britney Spears can draw a crowd too...doesn't mean I'll buy her newest CD or download any of her new songs from iTunes.

SIOUX CITY - Hundreds of fans of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin gathered at a bookstore in Sioux City, Iowa, waiting early Sunday morning for Palin to arrive and begin autographing copies of her book, “Going Rogue.”

you mean the left coast where she lived and her family still lives? And guess what she spent Thanksgiving on the left coast idiot.
And just because there are more conservatives where you live doesn't make it better than anywhere else in this country. Talking like that divides people, it doesn't bring them together.

Last edited:
I remember when bruce campbell came through my area to do a book signing for his book "If Chins Could Kill" a few years back. He drew a crowd of hundreds too. The B&N had 550 books, sold them all and people were still lined up around the store to get him to sign something. So saying that she drew "hundreds" to a book signing really means very little.

Last edited:
I remember when bruce campbell came through my area to do a book signing for his book "If Chins Could Kill" a few years back. He drew a crowd of hundreds too. The B&N had 550 books, sold them all and people were still lined up around the store to get him to sign something. So saying that she drew "hundreds" to a book signing really means very little.

With temperatures in the teens?

That is remarkable.

Her book remains #1 on Amazon - holiday sales have been considerable.

Palin is enjoying enormous success of late...

America is very lucky to have a patriotic citizen like Sarah Palin.

She exemplifies the American dream.

And is proof that any America can make a difference and rise to meet any challenge.

We need many more like her in our government

That sarcasm is dripping. Nicely done sir.

What is this?? First grade??? And neener, neener, neener, to you!!!

America is very lucky to have a patriotic citizen like Sarah Palin.

She exemplifies the American dream.

And is proof that any America can make a difference and rise to meet any challenge.

We need many more like her in our government

Ummm...she's a blogger, remember? She quit our government...

Geez. I'm glad you responded. I'm speechless!!!!

That is remarkable.

LOL whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better.

Anyone who has ever done or been to a book signing of even a semipopular book knows that it's easy to draw "hundreds" of people. I do think it's funny that the right is trying to talk this up using any excuse imaginable and yet the signing only lasted about and hour and a half so it couldn't have been that many people.

Oh and since you brought up temp as if that was a mitigating factor was the book signing outside or inside??

Last edited:

That is remarkable.

Anyone who has ever done or been to a book signing of even a semipopular book knows that it's easy to draw "hundreds" of people. I do think it's funny that the right is trying to talk this up using any excuse imaginable and yet the signing only lasted about and hour and a half so it couldn't have been that many people.

Oh and since you brought up temp as if that was a mitigating factor was the book signing outside or inside??

I admit that I helped those numbers on Amazon. I bought TWO from Amazon as gag gifts...

That is remarkable.

I admit that I helped those numbers on Amazon. I bought TWO from Amazon as gag gifts...

The funny thing is that she showed up about an hour and half late (1:30pm), so she only signed books for about and hour and half (until just after 3pm). So my question is how many books did she sign and did she leave anyone out? If she had 200 people (hundreds) show up who bought and wanted her to sign a book that would have given her around 30 seconds per book signing.
So realistically, how many "hundreds" could she have signed and how many showed up for her to sign a book and how many went home empty handed because she showed up late?

Forum List

Back