Palin Dominates Obama

Democrats love it when she is in front of the cameras, it never works out well for her.

Republicans just hate it, don't you Rs know that?

Yeah that's why they edit her interviews and throw frivolous lawsuits at her 24/7.

So you can say that you libs love it but in fact, we all know you really don't like it at all.

There is only one reason why you libs attack her constantly and I think we all know what that is.

So you think those interviews were hacked up just to make Sarah look bad? That would be funny if it weren't so sad..

Democrats love it when she is in front of the cameras, it never works out well for her.

Dems sound more and more like Vezzini from Princess Bride on the topic of Palin.

Palin is popular, newsworthy and a leading Conservative? That's Inconceivable!

Popular and newsworthy for all the wrong reasons, Frank.

Yeah conservative values, fighting corruption within her own party, popular with most of America.

All wrong reasons.

No. She's silly and uninformed. She creates drama when she isn't getting enough attention.

She the subject of 15 frivolous Democrat lawsuits, not even Reagan faced that kind of horsehit. So like I said before, as long as she's breathing, she's a thorn in the Dems side.

Long live Sarah Palin! Long may she be a force in the Rushpublican Party! We Democrats love her. She helps us enormously at the polls.

LOL! Seriously? So how much of the Obama Plummet and the Dem Congress single digit approval is attributable to Palin? LOL 50%? LOL

So without Palin Obama would be -16 and Congress would have a 4% approval rating?

Dems are so getting their asses kicked in 2010 it's not funny!

Obama's -8 due to the Palin bounce. LOL

Last edited:
Please, that is revisionist history. The economy is the number one issue facing the current President but could you imagine if that is all the President was able to deal with. Obama correctly made the point the President must be a multitasker. The majority of the American electorate recognized he demonstrated the quality of leadership necessary to deal with a major crisis and the many of other issues a President must deal with that do not go away when a crisis hits.

You do not agree with the majority of the electorate.

The majority of the electorate wanted to believe the president understood what to do about the financial crisis, but clearly he didn't. The TARP bill that he supported was supposed to buy the so called toxic assets that were crippling the banks, but it quickly became apparent that that wasn't possible, so despite Obama's confident manner, he clearly had no understanding of the situation or the proposed solution he supported. Clearly, the electorate was deceived by a talented con man.

And in case you still have any doubts he is anything but a vacuous politician with a polished manner, just recall his confident prediction that his stimulus bill would prevent the economy from reaching 8% unemployment, a catastrophe, he suggested, from which we might never recover.

In the event you may still hope he has learned anything in the last six months, just listen to him say the stimulus bill is working just the way he always intended it to, that is, giving us 9.5% unemployment and with the effects of the stimulus not expected to kick in until after the recession has already ended.

Clearly, Obama is the emptiest of empty suits to ever sit in the Oval Office, the ultimate triumph of style over substance. He is a multitasker in the sense of being able to do several things wrong at the same time.

TARP was enacted under Bush and put together by Bush's treasury secretary Paulson. Obama supported it as a senator as did the majority of the senate.

The major reason the toxic assets cannot be identified is there was no regulation of the derivative markets. The credit default swaps invented by Wall street are insurance instruments but were not classified as such to avoid regulation. The lack of regulation and devious wall street executives were the primary cause of the economic crisis.

Obama was handed this mess. It is way too early to judge his success in cleaning up a mess he inherited.

You seem driven not by the facts but an intense hatred for Obama.

Please, this is revisionist history. TARP was proposed by Bush/Paulson as a one page bill, but was extensively rewritten into a lengthy document by the Congressional Dems. Obama supported it as the Dem nominee for the presidency, and if he had opposed it, it would likely not have passed because the Dems in Congress would not have broken with their nominee for the WH in the middle of an election campaign. No other senator, not even McCain, could have influenced the vote the way Obama did. Moreover, the bill, as rewritten by the Congressional Dems given Obama's stamp of approval, was ill conceived and so broadly written it gave the Treasury virtually unlimited power to use the money any way it chose to, a far cry from the Bush/Paulson proposal to appropriate money to buy up toxic assets that were clogging the financial system. The TARP bill that passed was entirely a Dem-Obama bill, not the very limited Bush-Paulson bill originally proposed.

The toxic assets TARP was supposed to buy were debt backed securities, not the credit default swaps the brought AIG down, and they could not be bought by the government for two reasons: no one knew how to value them - the same reason the private market for them dried up - and it soon became clear that even if the government only paid 20% to 40% of their face value it would take several trillion dollars - estimates ran from $2 trillion to $5 trillion - and even if TARP had been large enough to do that, the effort would have left the capital stocks of our financial system so depleted that it would not have been able to provide adequate credit to our real economy to bring us back from the recession, a problem that still exists and has been unaddressed by the Obama administration.

Obama was, indeed, handed the financial crisis as a candidate for the WH with vast influence over how the Congressional Dems would deal with it, and his first action with regard to it was to support TARP and argue it was not necessary for him to take time out from his campaign to try to understand the nature of the problem or the viability of the TARP solution before acting. This contrasts sharply with McCain's early statements that the issue was too complex to deal with in the context of a political campaign and the premise on which TARP was based, buying up the toxic assets, had not yet been proven feasible. Clearly, McCain was right and Obama was wrong, but while McCain put duty first, as he has always done throughout his career, Obama saw the financial crisis only in terms of what political advantage it might bring to his campaign, and this shows him to be a shallow, devious unprincipled man unworthy to be president.

While I do not share your feelings of abject loyalty to Obama, I am "driven" by nothing but I am filled with disgust for his actions as a candidate and as president.

Yeah that's why they edit her interviews and throw frivolous lawsuits at her 24/7.

So you can say that you libs love it but in fact, we all know you really don't like it at all.

There is only one reason why you libs attack her constantly and I think we all know what that is.

If they were frivilous, she wouldn't have quit. Some might be, but some aren't.

Why don't you wait for all the facts until you decide.

And it is funny how you guys want tort reform but who were the first people Bush and Norm Coleman called when they wanted to challange the results of their elections? LAWYERS.

You dumb asses who want tort reform need to realize you are only hurting yourselves. The corporations will still have the best lawyers and they will still risk lawsuits to maximize profits. So when their decisions harm or kill someone you love and you only get $50K for it, remember what a dumb ass you have been your whole life.

Tort reform is what the corporations want so they can get away with MURDER. Sometimes literally.

The reaction in here is proof of Palin's significance on the national political stage.

She rivals Obama in both loyalty and outrage...

Seriously, Palin was not ready to be VP, what the McCain strategy was I've not a clue. That she accepted the offer, well let's just say she didn't recognize the consequences. So, is the latest gambit on her part to 'come up to speed'? Dunno. Is she capable of doing such? Dunno.

From my perspective in IL, a blue state; she can say that the demands of freedom of info lawsuits made her step down. She can go on book pushing foray. She can bone up on issues. Unless her persona changes, meaning 'red neck' from Alaska, I won't vote for her.

Seriously, Palin was not ready to be VP, what the McCain strategy was I've not a clue. That she accepted the offer, well let's just say she didn't recognize the consequences. So, is the latest gambit on her part to 'come up to speed'? Dunno. Is she capable of doing such? Dunno.

From my perspective in IL, a blue state; she can say that the demands of freedom of info lawsuits made her step down. She can go on book pushing foray. She can bone up on issues. Unless her persona changes, meaning 'red neck' from Alaska, I won't vote for her.

I agree she was not fully prepared to be be a Vice President given McCain's advanced age.

That being said, she was more prepared to be Vice President than Obama was in being President...

she relates to average Americans and we relate to her, not the RULING Harvard graduate elitists who have never had their wheels hit the dirt, that's why they are terrified of her.She drew 60,000 people to a rally in Florida during the campaign.

Just wait until she gets back on the national stage- she will draw hundreds of thousands more and this country will take a hard right turn in 2010 and 2012.

Go Sarah!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Unless Palin brings forth some ideas beyond, "Let's stop the talk of redistribution, we are a country of 'can do.' " she's toast.

Seriously conservative type people, what do you want changed? Damn there are scores of things that Obama has brought. React and give better alternatives.

she relates to average Americans and we relate to her, not the RULING Harvard graduate elitists who have never had their wheels hit the dirt, that's why they are terrified of her.She drew 60,000 people to a rally in Florida during the campaign.

Just wait until she gets back on the national stage- she will draw hundreds of thousands more and this country will take a hard right turn in 2010 and 2012.

Go Sarah!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Something like 80% of us live in big cities. She relates to the 20% that are in rural areas.

The other 25% would vote for a piece of dog shit if it ran under the GOP.

I got news for you Maple. She doesn't even like the GOP.

And the GOP doesn't like her. She hasn't a snowballs chance in hell.

Republican pundits open fire on Sarah Palin - Los Angeles Times

Palin in spotlight as Republicans turn on each other | World news | The Guardian

Why Republicans turned on Palin - alt.gossip.celebrities | Google Groups

The Mudflats » Palin on GOP - They Turned Me into a Newt! Again.

I agree she was not fully prepared to be be a Vice President given McCain's advanced age.

That being said, she was more prepared to be Vice President than Obama was in being President...

Good point. We should draw a distinction between readiness to be VP or president and readiness to run for those offices. Palin had ably served as mayor and as governor with broad support and approval across party lines until she joined the national Republican ticket, but neither Obama nor Biden had ever been in charge of anything, so it is fair to say that while Palin was ill prepared to run for national office she was better qualified than either Obama or Biden to be president. It is hard to imagine she could have made worse choices than Obama has in dealing with the economy or foreign policy.

Good point. We should draw a distinction between readiness to be VP or president and readiness to run for those offices. Palin had ably served as mayor and as governor with broad support and approval across party lines until she joined the national Republican ticket, but neither Obama nor Biden had ever been in charge of anything, so it is fair to say that while Palin was ill prepared to run for national office she was better qualified than either Obama or Biden to be president. It is hard to imagine she could have made worse choices than Obama has in dealing with the economy or foreign policy.

I'm just taking off of what you've posted. We're now stuck with two 'not ready for prime time players' and the conservatives, at least some of them, are offering the same for contrast. Kind of makes one want to go against term limits.

The majority of the electorate wanted to believe the president understood what to do about the financial crisis, but clearly he didn't. The TARP bill that he supported was supposed to buy the so called toxic assets that were crippling the banks, but it quickly became apparent that that wasn't possible, so despite Obama's confident manner, he clearly had no understanding of the situation or the proposed solution he supported. Clearly, the electorate was deceived by a talented con man.

And in case you still have any doubts he is anything but a vacuous politician with a polished manner, just recall his confident prediction that his stimulus bill would prevent the economy from reaching 8% unemployment, a catastrophe, he suggested, from which we might never recover.

In the event you may still hope he has learned anything in the last six months, just listen to him say the stimulus bill is working just the way he always intended it to, that is, giving us 9.5% unemployment and with the effects of the stimulus not expected to kick in until after the recession has already ended.

Clearly, Obama is the emptiest of empty suits to ever sit in the Oval Office, the ultimate triumph of style over substance. He is a multitasker in the sense of being able to do several things wrong at the same time.

TARP was enacted under Bush and put together by Bush's treasury secretary Paulson. Obama supported it as a senator as did the majority of the senate.

The major reason the toxic assets cannot be identified is there was no regulation of the derivative markets. The credit default swaps invented by Wall street are insurance instruments but were not classified as such to avoid regulation. The lack of regulation and devious wall street executives were the primary cause of the economic crisis.

Obama was handed this mess. It is way too early to judge his success in cleaning up a mess he inherited.

You seem driven not by the facts but an intense hatred for Obama.

Please, this is revisionist history. TARP was proposed by Bush/Paulson as a one page bill, but was extensively rewritten into a lengthy document by the Congressional Dems. Obama supported it as the Dem nominee for the presidency, and if he had opposed it, it would likely not have passed because the Dems in Congress would not have broken with their nominee for the WH in the middle of an election campaign. No other senator, not even McCain, could have influenced the vote the way Obama did. Moreover, the bill, as rewritten by the Congressional Dems given Obama's stamp of approval, was ill conceived and so broadly written it gave the Treasury virtually unlimited power to use the money any way it chose to, a far cry from the Bush/Paulson proposal to appropriate money to buy up toxic assets that were clogging the financial system. The TARP bill that passed was entirely a Dem-Obama bill, not the very limited Bush-Paulson bill originally proposed.

The toxic assets TARP was supposed to buy were debt backed securities, not the credit default swaps the brought AIG down, and they could not be bought by the government for two reasons: no one knew how to value them - the same reason the private market for them dried up - and it soon became clear that even if the government only paid 20% to 40% of their face value it would take several trillion dollars - estimates ran from $2 trillion to $5 trillion - and even if TARP had been large enough to do that, the effort would have left the capital stocks of our financial system so depleted that it would not have been able to provide adequate credit to our real economy to bring us back from the recession, a problem that still exists and has been unaddressed by the Obama administration.

Obama was, indeed, handed the financial crisis as a candidate for the WH with vast influence over how the Congressional Dems would deal with it, and his first action with regard to it was to support TARP and argue it was not necessary for him to take time out from his campaign to try to understand the nature of the problem or the viability of the TARP solution before acting. This contrasts sharply with McCain's early statements that the issue was too complex to deal with in the context of a political campaign and the premise on which TARP was based, buying up the toxic assets, had not yet been proven feasible. Clearly, McCain was right and Obama was wrong, but while McCain put duty first, as he has always done throughout his career, Obama saw the financial crisis only in terms of what political advantage it might bring to his campaign, and this shows him to be a shallow, devious unprincipled man unworthy to be president.

While I do not share your feelings of abject loyalty to Obama, I am "driven" by nothing but I am filled with disgust for his actions as a candidate and as president.

No one forced Bush to sign the Tarp. He is responsible for all bills he signs. The Democratic congress may have bloated the bill but it was structured by Bush and Paulson.

Obama is responsible for all bills he signs as should Bush. As president you cannot let candidates run your administration. You may consult them but you cannot blame them.

I agree you cannot idolize a President. You must look at what they do to make a valid opinion of them. You are attributing what Bush did to Obama and then criticising Obama.

It is too early to make a conclusion on the success or failure of the Obama economic plan. But you need to give him a chance and be fair. You are not being fair and you are not giving him a chance. Thus my conclusion; you really hate Obama. You are driven by the emotion of hate and not the logic of what he is doing or not doing.

Can you imagine Obama in a debate today having to defend himself from Sarah?

What's he gonna say, "Can you still see Alaska from your house"?
God, I'd love to see President Obama debate Palin.

I actually would enjoy several Republican candidates debate her in a primary fight. I feel they would be more vicious than Obama or any Presidential debate.

The gloves would come off and they would tear her apart.

I actually would enjoy several Republican candidates debate her in a primary fight. I feel they would be more vicious than Obama or any Presidential debate.

The gloves would come off and they would tear her apart.

The fact she quit as Governor will have her eaten alive (figure of speech) by the other candidates considering many of them were Governors too.

Agreed.

Forum List

Back