Palin Derangement Syndrome Hits Hard

I'm not upset that he is being attacked, I don't mind the criticism one bit. It comes with the territory and I can accept that.

It's the Bushies and the Palinites who can't handle their heroes getting attacked to the point where they fabricate an all emcompassing "syndrome" to use as the ultimate deflector shield to any and all attacks that come their way.

See the difference?

No because Palin and Bush criticism had a much different flavor than McCain criticism. I didn't see any of the haywired craziness about Obama that I have seen about Bush or for a lot of conservatives.

On the other hand, painting anyone who disagrees with Obama as having racist motives is the ultimate deflector shield.

This is just how you see the world.

They insist hes not a citizen when it has been proven beyond a doubt, they insist hes Muslim when there is no reason to believe so.

By this time in Bush's term we had airplanes flown into our most populous city with thousands dead and anthrax being delivered to democratic congressional members.

Obama has made us loved worldwide again and our economy is on the mend after the worst crash since the great depression.

Yet some idiots think hes the devil.

You people remind me of the kathy Bates character in the water boy.

First, they are laughing AT him, not with him. He is loved so much that the UK is probably going to pull their troops out by 2011. Loved so much that Russia put off an arms treaty. China has writen a whole new human rights bill (no wait...).

The economy doesn't recover in a straight line. We will have dips on the way back. Universal Health Care, credit card debt (many banks are selling their portfolios, that should tell you something), commerical mortgage losses, inflation that is going to be here shortly and interest rate increases can be serious issues.

You got it backwords. The devil is he's an idiot. Anyone got a graph showing the President with the fast drop in approval ratings EVER?

The Washington Post company abandons its standards trying to take down Sarah Palin.

Let us have a moment of silence in honor of the late journalism standards of The Washington Post company. They died last week, a victim of Palin Derangement Syndrome.
First came Newsweek's cover of Palin in running shorts, over a headline of "How do you solve a problem like Sarah?" and a snide kicker that "she's bad news for the GOP--and everybody else too."

Beyond the obvious partisanship, many women, Palin included, found the cover sexist and an attempt to demean her with the bimbo treatment.

There might also be legal fallout. Newsweek, owned by The Post, had no right to use the photo, according to Runner's World magazine, which commissioned it.

The company's flagship paper also embarrassed itself. It published dueling reviews of Palin's book "Going Rogue," with snarky blogger Ana Marie Cox making an astounding confession in her review:

"I cannot claim to have completely read 'Going Rogue' -- I had to skim the last 150 pages (or more than one-third). I only got the thing into my hands late Monday afternoon with a deadline of early evening. It's terrible, I know, but if I didn't read it all, neither can Sarah Palin claim to have completely written it."

My inquiry about how this could possibly be acceptable was answered by Rachel Shea, editor of the paper's Book World. She said in a breezy e-mail: "We thought our reviewers each provided unique perspectives on the book, and Ana Marie Cox was up front about her examination of it."

There you have it. The Post no longer requires reviewers to actually read the books they are reviewing, as long as they are "up front" about it.
It's Sarah Palin's fault.

MICHAEL GOODWIN: Palin Derangement Syndrome Hits Hard - FOXNews.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah Palin to the liberals is like garlic to a vampire....

Liberals fear of Palin is definately deranged. It's a mental illness.

:cuckoo:

As if the WP had any standards to begin with. :cuckoo: Apparently, the WP is as frothing at the mouth over Palin as some left tard members of this board.

Here's a hint for you freaks: Palin is not the leader of the GOP. Limbaugh is not the leader of the GOP. Neither of their names would be known without left-tard sensationalism since both are nobody's.

You left-freaks and your Chicken Little acts would be funny if you weren't destroying this country.

The Washington Post company abandons its standards trying to take down Sarah Palin.

Let us have a moment of silence in honor of the late journalism standards of The Washington Post company. They died last week, a victim of Palin Derangement Syndrome.
First came Newsweek's cover of Palin in running shorts, over a headline of "How do you solve a problem like Sarah?" and a snide kicker that "she's bad news for the GOP--and everybody else too."

Beyond the obvious partisanship, many women, Palin included, found the cover sexist and an attempt to demean her with the bimbo treatment.

There might also be legal fallout. Newsweek, owned by The Post, had no right to use the photo, according to Runner's World magazine, which commissioned it.

The company's flagship paper also embarrassed itself. It published dueling reviews of Palin's book "Going Rogue," with snarky blogger Ana Marie Cox making an astounding confession in her review:

"I cannot claim to have completely read 'Going Rogue' -- I had to skim the last 150 pages (or more than one-third). I only got the thing into my hands late Monday afternoon with a deadline of early evening. It's terrible, I know, but if I didn't read it all, neither can Sarah Palin claim to have completely written it."

My inquiry about how this could possibly be acceptable was answered by Rachel Shea, editor of the paper's Book World. She said in a breezy e-mail: "We thought our reviewers each provided unique perspectives on the book, and Ana Marie Cox was up front about her examination of it."

There you have it. The Post no longer requires reviewers to actually read the books they are reviewing, as long as they are "up front" about it.

"Palin Derangement Syndrome", like "Bush Derangement Syndrome" (coined by Charles Krauthammer), is just a rhetorical canard that conservatives use to try and make anyone who has legitimate criticism of Sarah Palin seem mentally unbalanced.

Case in point, now PDS causes bad book reviews too. (I do admit that the runner's world cover was a low blow. That has nothing to do with the Washington Post).

As if there could never be any legitimate questions about the competency of a 1/2 term Alaska Governor to be the chief executive.

But hey, it gives you guys warm-fuzzies so carry on.

It's just absurd.

Last edited:

"Palin Derangement Syndrome", like "Bush Derangement Syndrome" (coined by Charles Krauthammer), is just a rhetorical canard that conservatives use to try and make anyone who has legitimate criticism of Sarah Palin seem mentally unbalanced.

Case in point, now PDS causes bad book reviews too. (I do admit that the runner's world cover was a low blow. That has nothing to do with the Washington Post).

As if there could never be any legitimate questions about the competency of a 1/2 term Alaska Governor to be the chief executive.

But hey, it gives you guys warm-fuzzies so carry on.

It's just absurd.

Just remind us again, how many days was Obama a Senator? 146?

And, at that time, wasn't he asked about running for POTUS in '08 - and, didn't he say he would not run?

Obama lies! :eek:

*Settles down to wait for a rant from Rinata*

As long as Sarah Palin and her supporters push her onto the public stage she's going to be attacked.

You can't have it both ways, guys.

I think Obama is a communist. Don't get upset because as long as he is a public figure then he is going to be attacked.

You can't have it both ways after all....

I'm not upset that he is being attacked, I don't mind the criticism one bit. It comes with the territory and I can accept that.

It's the Bushies and the Palinites who can't handle their heroes getting attacked to the point where they fabricate an all emcompassing "syndrome" to use as the ultimate deflector shield to any and all attacks that come their way.

See the difference?

And let's not forget that this "(Insert conservative name here) derangement syndrome" was coined by conservative pundits to marginalize anyone who had legitimate complaints about W. Bush at the height of his ineptness.

Bush Derangement Syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thought the whole Iraq thing was a bad idea and that we wouldn't be "greeted as liberators", democracy "wouldn't" spring up overnight, there would not be a "McDonalds On Every Corner", there would be casualties, and there would be a dedicated and dangerous insurgency, and that we would be there at least ten years?

You obviously suffer from BDS and you hatred of W. makes your opinions irrational.

Thought Bush sucked during Katrina? Ditto.

In the past fascist political movements have tried to label their critics as "insane" and institutionalize them as a means to silence them. While this isn't the exact same thing, it's in the same category.

Luckily we live in a country where you can point out rhetorical crutches for what they are.

And they are easily kicked away.

And, at that time, wasn't he asked about running for POTUS in '08 - and, didn't he say he would not run?

So what? A politician saw an opportunity to win the highest office in the nation and took it? Color me shocked! Obviously his instincts were correct.

All the talk about Obama's inexperience (as far as political points are concerned) are useless now. In 2012, he will be the candidate with the most "executive experience".

Sarah's forfeited her one selling point, time as governor of Alaska. And for what? To score a book deal.

I doubt she'll run in 2012, but if she does, she's doomed.

As it stands, it's funny to watch the right make her out to be the golden-child when she is anything but.

I'll give you this, like George Bush, she seems like a nice person (as long as you don't get in her way). That means nothing when it comes to leadership.

So what? A politician saw an opportunity to win the highest office in the nation and took it? Color me shocked! Obviously his instincts were correct.

All the talk about Obama's inexperience (as far as political points are concerned) are useless now. In 2012, he will be the candidate with the most "executive experience".

Sarah's forfeited her one selling point, time as governor of Alaska. And for what? To score a book deal.

As it stands, it's funny to watch the right make her out to be the golden-child when she is anything but.

I'll give you this, like George Bush, she seems like a nice person (as long as you don't get in her way). That means nothing when it comes to leadership.

You know, I could agree with some of this, if you did not misrepresent some of the truths!

Palin did not step down as governor to simply sell a book.

The right are not the ones going nuts over Palin, the left is. Read this forum, better yet, go read the liberal forums!

finally, yes, Obama will be running with the most executive experience in direct relation to the White House, however, that in fact might be his doom!

By his own words and by his own actions!

Mike

You know, I could agree with some of this, if you did not misrepresent some of the truths!

Palin did not step down as governor to simply sell a book.

The right are not the ones going nuts over Palin, the left is. Read this forum, better yet, go read the liberal forums!

finally, yes, Obama will be running with the most executive experience in direct relation to the White House, however, that in fact might be his doom!

By his own words and by his own actions!

Mike

In truth, no one knows why Palin stepped down before her first term. So you are correct, I don't know that she left to sell a book. In fact, she didn't have to leave to sell such a book.

What is true is that no one knows why Palin left, and her press conference was far from clear on the matter.

We do know that she left and that move was political suicide. I think Palin is smart enough to know that. Thus, I drew the conclusion that she did so to sell books. However, you are right. I don't know that to be fact.

Either way, she certainly seems more concerned with celebrity than leadership.

Last edited:
As good a place as any to throw this in:

snopes.com: Obama's 50 Lies / Obama Not Exactly

Pick a favorite.

Ahhhh, the Laundry List of Lies, by Barack H Obama - it rates right up there with 'Whines about Daddy' and 'The Audacity of Stupidty'. A good read... :lol:

Speaking of, he didn't exactly say he wouldn't run for president:

# I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - LIAR, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

In 2004, just after winning election to the U.S. Senate, Barack Obama said during a press conference, in response to a question about his possibly running for national office, that:
I am a believer in knowing what you're doing when you apply for a job, and I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket I would essentially have to start now, before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who might be comfortable doing that, but I'm not one of them.

Which basically sounds like a run-of-the-mill sidestep answer that politicians give when asked this question.

As it stands, he saw opportunity, took it, and now is the president.

As good a place as any to throw this in:

snopes.com: Obama's 50 Lies / Obama Not Exactly

Pick a favorite.

Ahhhh, the Laundry List of Lies, by Barack H Obama - it rates right up there with 'Whines about Daddy' and 'The Audacity of Stupidty'. A good read... :lol:

# I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - LIAR, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

In 2004, just after winning election to the U.S. Senate, Barack Obama said during a press conference, in response to a question about his possibly running for national office, that:
I am a believer in knowing what you're doing when you apply for a job, and I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket I would essentially have to start now, before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who might be comfortable doing that, but I'm not one of them.

Which basically sounds like a run-of-the-mill sidestep answer that politicians give when asked this question.

*crawls our from under a rock* He's the PRESIDENT!!! *crawls back under rock*

Sarah-Palin-Quits.jpg

*crawls our from under a rock* He's the PRESIDENT!!! *crawls back under rock*

Room for one more under that rock, mate? I'll bring beer, and popcorn!

Pretty sure I'd let you in just for the conversation. Popcorn IS a big plus. Skip the beer and bring ammo. I hear there is a big ass liberal around here.

He saw an opportunity????

Damn.....they've been grooming his lying ass for this for several years.

They just needed someone with no princples or scruples. Somebody that they could use as a untouchable victim that nobody could criticize without being labled a racist. Somebody that was just white enough but just black enough to sell it.

They're in now and he's just the front man. It's all lights and mirrors. Nothing about it is real. That's why they have to keep him on a prompter....because if he speaks his mind it becomes a nightmare to them.

Whether that is true or not, so what? Whatever "they" did, it worked. It's not like Bush didn't receive a fair amount of grooming and "political currency" based on his last name.

They just needed someone with no princples or scruples. Somebody that they could use as a untouchable victim that nobody could criticize without being labled a racist. Somebody that was just white enough but just black enough to sell it.

Please. 8 years of Bush screwed the GOP in 2012. Why do you think McCain had such a hard time finding a running mate?

The fact that a non-WASPy candidate was able to win office just shows how bad Bush was.

The rest of your post is pure bullshit. We have a private vote. No one is screaming "racist" at people in the polling box.

They're in now and he's just the front man. It's all lights and mirrors. Nothing about it is real. That's why they have to keep him on a prompter....because if he speaks his mind it becomes a nightmare to them.

Obviously you are a Bush adherent and are confused. Let me help you out:

Presidential candidates are supposed to speak clearly and not say things that are ridiculed. Being able to do so simply means you have that part of the job down, not that you are part of some phantom teleprompter conspiracy.

I believe Bush had a teleprompter too (if he didn't, he should have). It didn't save him from looking like a moron most every time he opened his mouth.

If any of them were honest of their true intentions? They'd NEVER get elected.

Whether that is true or not, so what? Whatever "they" did, it worked. It's not like Bush didn't receive a fair amount of grooming and "political currency" based on his last name.

They just needed someone with no principles or scruples. Somebody that they could use as a untouchable victim that nobody could criticize without being labeled a racist. Somebody that was just white enough but just black enough to sell it.

Please. 8 years of Bush screwed the GOP in 2012. Why do you think McCain had such a hard time finding a running mate?

The fact that a non-WASPy candidate was able to win office just shows how bad Bush was.

The rest of your post is pure bullshit. We have a private vote. No one is screaming "racist" at people in the polling box.

Obviously you are a Bush adherent and are confused. Let me help you out:

Presidential candidates are supposed to speak clearly and not say things that are ridiculed. Being able to do so simply means you have that part of the job down, not that you are part of some phantom teleprompter conspiracy.

I believe Bush had a teleprompter too (if he didn't, he should have). It didn't save him from looking like a moron most every time he opened his mouth.

Bush often spoke off the cuff which gave his critics opportunities to make fun of him.

Obama up until recently rarely spoke off the cuff. He only read what was put in front of him like a TV News anchor. An empty headed face man.

I'm sure there has to be image making in the process of running for president. However if it's all based on a lie then it becomes obvious to anyone with an open mind. Obama has made it clear he hates this country. Bush made it clear he loves ist. I really don't give a fuck if he makes a mistake or two.....as long as he kept to that belief I was willing to support him. Obama on the other hand is a dream come true to our enemies. Castro said so last week. I cannot support him for that reason alone.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back