Palin Comments On Election Results

The GOP has the devil to pay for entertaining the far-right fringe as their agents of chaos for the early days of the administration.

And the Dems have the devil to pay for being hijacked by the left wing loons.

Is anyone prepared to make the case that Joe Fucking BIDEN is a great choice for VP????? The guy's a dipshit that spends half his time pulling his feet from his mouth.

While I agree that Palin is not as polished as Obama the Great... she comes acosss as a helluva lot more genuine. Obama is very robotic and falls apart under the most benign scrutiny. Palin has ben savaged, unmercifully savaged, along with her minor children and family by the left and has remained classy. While I realize class is a worthless ideal to liberals.. it means a bit more to some of us.

Give her time... she will be a force to be reckoned with.. and the left knows it. Otherwise they'd ignore her.

"Fuck genuine". The last time the GOP foisted a "genuine" presidential candidate on the rest of us, we got stuck with a first class moron in the White House for 8 years.

I don't at all mind a somewhat calculating, intelligent, hard assed individual in the Oval Office. We are playing horseshoes here, for fuck's sake.

And yes, I think Biden is a moron.

:lol: I'm in the Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome group!

Me too. Divide and conquer.

The GOP has the devil to pay for entertaining the far-right fringe as their agents of chaos for the early days of the administration.

The truth is, their views don't resonate to a sizable proportion of the electorate, but they do resonate to a sizable portion of the GOP base.

It's Perot Syndrome.

Exactly. The right holds them up calling them rock stars but they're only rock stars to a select few.

Probably enough to keep Palin and her family comfortable of course but as far as national recognition, she gets a tepid response.

Shouldn't you guys be worried that palin had more of an impact over the elections than Obama?

She actually didn't.

In VA, the GOP candidate kept her out of the race (smartly too) with the exception of a robocall (and it's still not certain if his campaign approved that).

The race that she was actively involved with was a losing one.

That's the reality of the matter.

Only because she killed it or do you not know that hoffman is not affiliated with the republican party.

Shouldn't you guys be worried that palin had more of an impact over the elections than Obama?

She actually didn't.

In VA, the GOP candidate kept her out of the race (smartly too) with the exception of a robocall (and it's still not certain if his campaign approved that).

The race that she was actively involved with was a losing one.

That's the reality of the matter.

Only because she killed it or do you not know that hoffman is not affiliated with the republican party.

She killed what, exactly?

It was, without doubt, a bad night for the DNC and a decent night for the GOP. (Neither of which I am a fan of).

However, if you look apolitically at the NY23rd race.... Despite what the DNC and the GOP say... This was a 'holy fuck' moment for both parties. A total unknown, complete outsider, and late entry, with little money and few major supporters managed to hold the DNC in a very tight race. The party faithful may not see this as a big deal but I would put money on it not being taken so lightly by the parties themselves.

That Hoffman didn't win is not the issue - that he came so close to taking out the major party is a wake up call to both. There is a vast swathe of Americans who are not happy campers with either bunch of clowns.

No, it's a "holy fuck" moment for the GOP who realizes that the nutter fringe they have mistakenly embraced is going to continue to split their vote and cost them seats.

Well, it might be a "holy fuck" moment for the Dems too. As in, "Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome!"

As I said, the great unwashed in the party will not see it, but the players most certainly will. It's a 'holy fuck' for both - for the same reason - a vitual unknown, with little money, and a late entry - managed to come within a hair of taking down the DNC candidate - backed by the GOP.

If that isn't a wake up call to the players then they are as stupid as their supporters... and they aren't that dumb.

You are absolutely correct here - the Hoffman campaign really shook the established party elite tree to its core. Hoffman was an unknown, with little actual politicking skill, who in a matter of days following the Palin endoresment, was receiving hundreds of thousands in campaign donations and going from a distant third to near-front runner status. As stated by me and others, a Hoffman victory would have been a political miracle. It almost happened - but not quite.

That being said, NY23 was far from the critical race last night - the New Jersey Republican victory was HUGE. The Virginia victory, based on the enormity of the Republican margin, was HUGE.

And let us not forget - in actuality, Republicans won EACH of those three races last night.

Even in NY23, we had just over 59000 votes for Conservative/Republican Hoffman and 7300 votes for the Republican Scozzafava - that is just over 1000 combined votes more than for the Democrat. :eusa_angel:

Take that same concept of overall votes though in these three races and the Republican dominance becomes even more apparent.

In the New Jersey race there was roughly 100,000 more votes going for the Republican candidate.

In the Virginia race, there was over 300,000 votes in favor of the Republican.

Last night's races saw a combined Republican advantage of more than 400,000 votes. And what is now worrying Democrats the most is the fact that the over 65 voters, and Independents, both came out strong in favor of the Republican candidates.

The Obama/Pelosi agenda is now facing its toughest opposition yet - the voice of the American people...

The Democratic Party could have done better. That is a fact.

The Palinistas got shot in the foot.

But the GOP better ask why Obama personally polls better in Virginia today than during the 2008 election. That can be shades of FDR or Reagan, and that is not good news for the GOP.

No, it's a "holy fuck" moment for the GOP who realizes that the nutter fringe they have mistakenly embraced is going to continue to split their vote and cost them seats.

Well, it might be a "holy fuck" moment for the Dems too. As in, "Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome!"

As I said, the great unwashed in the party will not see it, but the players most certainly will. It's a 'holy fuck' for both - for the same reason - a vitual unknown, with little money, and a late entry - managed to come within a hair of taking down the DNC candidate - backed by the GOP.

If that isn't a wake up call to the players then they are as stupid as their supporters... and they aren't that dumb.

You are absolutely correct here - the Hoffman campaign really shook the established party elite tree to its core. Hoffman was an unknown, with little actual politicking skill, who in a matter of days following the Palin endoresment, was receiving hundreds of thousands in campaign donations and going from a distant third to near-front runner status. As stated by me and others, a Hoffman victory would have been a political miracle. It almost happened - but not quite.

That being said, NY23 was far from the critical race last night - the New Jersey Republican victory was HUGE. The Virginia victory, based on the enormity of the Republican margin, was HUGE.

And let us not forget - in actuality, Republicans won EACH of those three races last night.

Even in NY23, we had just over 59000 votes for Conservative/Republican Hoffman and 7300 votes for the Republican Scozzafava - that is just over 1000 combined votes more than for the Democrat. :eusa_angel:

Take that same concept of overall votes though in these three races and the Republican dominance becomes even more apparent.

In the New Jersey race there was roughly 100,000 more votes going for the Republican candidate.

Last night's races saw a combined Republican advantage of more than 400,000 votes. And what is now worrying Democrats the most is the fact that the over 65 voters, and Independents, both came out strong in favor of the Republican candidates.

The Obama/Pelosi agenda is now facing its toughest opposition yet - the voice of the American people...

Only the droolers on each side deny it, and that is fine. The message to both the GOP and the DNC was clear enough where it actually matters. Both sides watched Hoffman come that close and will be having some sleepless nights over how much support there is out in America for people like him. They have the ability to do some serious damage to both sides in the not too distant future.

Denial, it ain't just de river in Eygpt.

nice spin...

stupid is as stupid does.

but i think the nutbars should remain totally and completely oblivious to the fact that all politics is local and people aren't interested in carpetbaggers who don't live in their districts and who are sent for some national extremist agenda

to quote the late, great Tip O'Neil, "all politics is local".

They don't give a rats patoot what sawwah says.

It was, without doubt, a bad night for the DNC and a decent night for the GOP. (Neither of which I am a fan of).

However, if you look apolitically at the NY23rd race.... Despite what the DNC and the GOP say... This was a 'holy fuck' moment for both parties. A total unknown, complete outsider, and late entry, with little money and few major supporters managed to hold the DNC in a very tight race. The party faithful may not see this as a big deal but I would put money on it not being taken so lightly by the parties themselves.

That Hoffman didn't win is not the issue - that he came so close to taking out the major party is a wake up call to both. There is a vast swathe of Americans who are not happy campers with either bunch of clowns.

More spin on NY 23

He came close to taking out a major party? He sure did...he took out the republicans who had controlled the district for almost 150 years. Hoffman was a carpetbagger who admittedly didn't care about local issues. The district is also moderate rebublicans who resented the strong arm tactics of the conservative big dogs.

The wake up call was to Conservatives.....one size does not fit all

Palin got her ass kicked in the key contest in this election and she and her followers end up looking like fools.

And STILL they don't get it.

Good.

"Key Contest" :lol:

Wow. :eusa_liar:

No I'm sorry carby... :)
You dopey libs took it hard. You won't be able to sit for months.

Sarah Palin is going to be in the Guinness Book of World Records for "The Longest 15 Minutes of Fame"

I find it supremely hilarious that, since she broke on the national scene, every race Mrs. Palin has been involved with has been a loser.

And yet, the Palinistas keep insisting that they are really victories.

So... I guess the FACT that Obama stumped for these guys BIG TIME... and they LOST... is of no consequence? Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

These elections centered primarily around local issues. Exit polls showed that in NJ and VA, Obama remains very popular and voters stated that Obama had nothing to do with their poll choices. I wouldn't say it was of "no consequence", but it doesn't mean as much as some might wish.

Keep spinning though :)

Key contest....:lol:

Yes, the democratics needed that one vote to ensure the 2000+ page 0bamacare bill passage....

:lol:

Democratics are teh funneh....

Was NJ really that huge? I don't think so. I think it's a mistake, in that state to assume that the vote is a mandate for Republicans. They were voting against Corzine - a very unpopular Governor and the candidate that won is one you will likely be calling a "RHINO" at some future date.

Forum List

Back