Palin Comments On Election Results

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
A Victory for Common Sense and Fiscal Sanity

Yesterday at 9:43pm

Congratulations to the new Governors-Elect of Virginia and New Jersey! I’d also like to offer a special word of support to the new Lieutenant Governor-Elect of New Jersey, Kim Guadagno, the first woman to hold that office.

Of course, the real victors in this election are the ordinary men and women who voted for positive change and a return to fiscal sanity. Your voices have been heard.

The race for New York’s 23rd District is not over, just postponed until 2010. The issues of this election have always centered on the economy – on the need for fiscal restraint, smaller government, and policies that encourage jobs. In 2010, these issues will be even more crucial to the electorate. I commend Doug Hoffman and all the other under-dog candidates who have the courage to put themselves out there and run against the odds.

To the tireless grassroots patriots who worked so hard in that race and to future citizen-candidates like Doug, please remember Reagan’s words of encouragement after his defeat in 1976:

“The cause goes on. Don't get cynical because look at yourselves and what you were willing to do, and recognize that there are millions and millions of Americans out there that want what you want, that want it to be that way, that want it to be a shining city on a hill.”

The cause goes on.

- Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin: A Victory for Common Sense and Fiscal Sanity | Facebook

nice spin...

stupid is as stupid does.

but i think the nutbars should remain totally and completely oblivious to the fact that all politics is local and people aren't interested in carpetbaggers who don't live in their districts and who are sent for some national extremist agenda

to quote the late, great Tip O'Neil, "all politics is local".

They don't give a rats patoot what sawwah says.

Last edited:
Palin got her ass kicked in the key contest in this election and she and her followers end up looking like fools.

And STILL they don't get it.

Good.

nice spin...

but i think the nutbars should remain totally and completely oblivious to the fact that all politics is local and people aren't interested in carpetbaggers who don't live in their districts and who are sent for some national extremist agenda

It was, without doubt, a bad night for the DNC and a decent night for the GOP. (Neither of which I am a fan of).

However, if you look apolitically at the NY23rd race.... Despite what the DNC and the GOP say... This was a 'holy fuck' moment for both parties. A total unknown, complete outsider, and late entry, with little money and few major supporters managed to hold the DNC in a very tight race. The party faithful may not see this as a big deal but I would put money on it not being taken so lightly by the parties themselves.

That Hoffman didn't win is not the issue - that he came so close to taking out the major party is a wake up call to both. There is a vast swathe of Americans who are not happy campers with either bunch of clowns.

nice spin...

It was, without doubt, a bad night for the DNC and a decent night for the GOP. (Neither of which I am a fan of).

However, if you look apolitically at the NY23rd race.... Despite what the DNC and the GOP say... This was a 'holy fuck' moment for both parties. A total unknown, complete outsider, and late entry, with little money and few major supporters managed to hold the DNC in a very tight race. The party faithful may not see this as a big deal but I would put money on it not being taken so lightly by the parties themselves.

That Hoffman didn't win is not the issue - that he came so close to taking out the major party is a wake up call to both. There is a vast swathe of Americans who are not happy campers with either bunch of clowns.

No, it's a "holy fuck" moment for the GOP who realizes that the nutter fringe they have mistakenly embraced is going to continue to split their vote and cost them seats.

Well, it might be a "holy fuck" moment for the Dems too. As in, "Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome!"

Amazing. The Democrats get a one very narrow win challenged by a unknown endorsed by Palin and you would think they parted the red sea last night. What they fail to mention is that all the votes has not been counted because voting machines were confiscated from precincts all over Fulton County because they malfuntioned. There is know way to tell how many voted that weren't counted as well as the uncounted absentee votes that will be added next Tuesday according to Rush. The MSM is quite about the voting machines right now. There might be a turn of events next week when all the votes are tallied.

Voting machine malfunction in Fulton County | malfunction, fulton, voting - Local News - WRGB CBS 6 Albany

Voting Machines Malfunction In St. Lawrence, Lewis & Fulton Counties | WWNY TV 7 - News, Weather and Sports for Watertown, NY | Local News
Department Head Deborah Pahler told 7 News the scanners malfunctioned on the new election machines in the towns of Clare, Edwards and Rossie and possibly in Louisville, Waddington and the Potsdam Civic Center.
Pahler said as many as ten districts were affected.
7 News also learned that at least 12 districts in Fulton County had a glitch with the new voting system.

It was expected there would be no counting of ballots from those districts Tuesday night.

Amazing. The Democrats get a one very narrow win challenged by a unknown endorsed by Palin and you would think they parted the red sea last night. What they fail to mention is that all the votes has not been counted because voting machines were confiscated from precincts all over Fulton County because they malfuntioned. There is know way to tell how many voted that weren't counted as well as the uncounted absentee votes that will be added next Tuesday according to Rush. The MSM is quite about the voting machines right now. There might be a turn of events next week when all the votes are tallied.

Voting machine malfunction in Fulton County | malfunction, fulton, voting - Local News - WRGB CBS 6 Albany

Voting Machines Malfunction In St. Lawrence, Lewis & Fulton Counties | WWNY TV 7 - News, Weather and Sports for Watertown, NY | Local News
Department Head Deborah Pahler told 7 News the scanners malfunctioned on the new election machines in the towns of Clare, Edwards and Rossie and possibly in Louisville, Waddington and the Potsdam Civic Center.
7 News also learned that at least 12 districts in Fulton County had a glitch with the new voting system.

It was expected there would be no counting of ballots from those districts Tuesday night.

Hey Klucker.

Are you going to amuse the rest of us by throwing out any more bullshit psych terms?

nice spin...

right.....i'm sure you said the same thing about hillary clinton :eusa_whistle:

So... I guess the FACT that Obama stumped for these guys BIG TIME... and they LOST... is of no consequence? Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

A Victory for Common Sense and Fiscal Sanity

Yesterday at 9:43pm

Congratulations to the new Governors-Elect of Virginia and New Jersey! I’d also like to offer a special word of support to the new Lieutenant Governor-Elect of New Jersey, Kim Guadagno, the first woman to hold that office.

Of course, the real victors in this election are the ordinary men and women who voted for positive change and a return to fiscal sanity. Your voices have been heard.

The race for New York’s 23rd District is not over, just postponed until 2010. The issues of this election have always centered on the economy – on the need for fiscal restraint, smaller government, and policies that encourage jobs. In 2010, these issues will be even more crucial to the electorate. I commend Doug Hoffman and all the other under-dog candidates who have the courage to put themselves out there and run against the odds.

To the tireless grassroots patriots who worked so hard in that race and to future citizen-candidates like Doug, please remember Reagan’s words of encouragement after his defeat in 1976:

“The cause goes on. Don't get cynical because look at yourselves and what you were willing to do, and recognize that there are millions and millions of Americans out there that want what you want, that want it to be that way, that want it to be a shining city on a hill.”

The cause goes on.

- Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin: A Victory for Common Sense and Fiscal Sanity | Facebook

Nice spin, Failure Palin... :lol:

Shouldn't you guys be worried that palin had more of an impact over the elections than Obama?

Hey Klucker.

Are you going to amuse the rest of us by throwing out any more bullshit psych terms?

What is with the childish immature name calling?

nice spin...

No, it's a "holy fuck" moment for the GOP who realizes that the nutter fringe they have mistakenly embraced is going to continue to split their vote and cost them seats.

Well, it might be a "holy fuck" moment for the Dems too. As in, "Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome!"

:lol: I'm in the Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome group!

nice spin...

As I said, the great unwashed in the party will not see it, but the players most certainly will. It's a 'holy fuck' for both - for the same reason - a vitual unknown, with little money, and a late entry - managed to come within a hair of taking down the DNC candidate - backed by the GOP.

If that isn't a wake up call to the players then they are as stupid as their supporters... and they aren't that dumb.

Shouldn't you guys be worried that palin had more of an impact over the elections than Obama?

She actually didn't.

In VA, the GOP candidate kept her out of the race (smartly too) with the exception of a robocall (and it's still not certain if his campaign approved that).

The race that she was actively involved with was a losing one.

That's the reality of the matter.

Hey Klucker.

What is with the childish immature name calling?

It's only because I deemed you to be a moron after you diagnosed the entire first family with a cluster B personality disorder.

That, and you chose "David Duke" as your screen name.

Unless you are really David Duke, and if that is the case, I'd like to amend my previous immature name calling from "moron" to "fucking moron".

:lol: I'm in the Holy fuck! This is fucking awesome group!

Me too. Divide and conquer.

The GOP has the devil to pay for entertaining the far-right fringe as their agents of chaos for the early days of the administration.

The truth is, their views don't resonate to a sizable proportion of the electorate, but they do resonate to a sizable portion of the GOP base.

It's Perot Syndrome.

As I said, the great unwashed in the party will not see it, but the players most certainly will. It's a 'holy fuck' for both - for the same reason - a vitual unknown, with little money, and a late entry - managed to come within a hair of taking down the DNC candidate - backed by the GOP.

If that isn't a wake up call to the players then they are as stupid as their supporters... and they aren't that dumb.

If we weren't a "winner takes all" system, you wold have a point.

Since we are a "winner takes all" system the reality is that we are destined to be a two party system, whether anyone likes it or not.

So the only real question is, what is the GOP going to do now? Shift right and lose moderates or try to placate a radical (politically radical) group that is not at all willing to compromise on their beliefs?

More succinctly, this is a problem for the GOP, not the Democrats.

I will grant you that the race was close. I'll also grant you that this is the first time a Democrat has won this seat in 100 years.

Is anyone prepared to make the case that Joe Fucking BIDEN is a great choice for VP????? The guy's a dipshit that spends half his time pulling his feet from his mouth.

While I agree that Palin is not as polished as Obama the Great... she comes acosss as a helluva lot more genuine. Obama is very robotic and falls apart under the most benign scrutiny. Palin has ben savaged, unmercifully savaged, along with her minor children and family by the left and has remained classy. While I realize class is a worthless ideal to liberals.. it means a bit more to some of us.

Give her time... she will be a force to be reckoned with.. and the left knows it. Otherwise they'd ignore her.

Forum List

Back