Palin chances in 2012 are over

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Her chances at gaining the GOP nomination in 2012 are gone. The shooting in Arizona and the wounding of Giffords will hang around her neck from now on. Her map showing Giffords's district with crosshairs on it will be part of any campaign against her.

But that will not keep her from running as a Tea Bagger. That will be her fate in 2012.

Her chances at gaining the GOP nomination in 2012 are gone. The shooting in Arizona and the wounding of Giffords will hang around her neck from now on. Her map showing Giffords's district with crosshairs on it will be part of any campaign against her.

But that will not keep her from running as a Tea Bagger. That will be her fate in 2012.

Michelle Bachman is giving the Teaparty response to the SOTU address. There is word that she is giving a response to the GOP response to the President. She may run.

:cuckoo:

LOL, we heard the same thing about Reagan..and we all saw HOW THAT TURNED OUT.:lol::lol:

crusaderfrank-albums-pds-victims-picture1080-zombies-edited-1.jpg

"I'll take Sarah Palin in the center square to block please"

hollywoodsquares.jpg

Host: What is your favorite color?

Palin: All of them

Last edited:

She had nothing to do with the shooting in Tuscon. Try and grasp simple facts.

Palin is not responsible for the actions of a crazy person.

However, her chances in 2012 were over when she quit as Governor of Alaska. Of course, she (IMO) never intended to run in 2012. She's in it for the money.

People can say what they want about Palin's intelligence. However, she's astute enough to know that her best chance at being President was to stay in office and then run for Senate and then for President.

Michelle Bachman is giving the Teaparty response to the SOTU address. There is word that she is giving a response to the GOP response to the President. She may run.

:cuckoo:

If the Teaparty is embracing Bachman, they are screwed.

My guess is the GOP powers don't want her to run. No doubt she'd get some votes, but probably only enough to serve as spoiler.

It will be interesting to see how much grapeshot the establishment right fires at her in 2012, and how willingly she turns herself into the victim of such sexist tactics on her mamagrizzlyhood.

The facts are simple..

Palin put her crosshairs on Giffords

Giffords objected to the violence themed rhetoric

Palin laughed and said "Don't retreat....RELOAD"

Whether she likes it or not, Palin is tied to Giffords. Her callous response will come back to haunt her. Her facebook response after the shooting showed she does not have what it takes to be president. Making the Giffords shooting about the further victimization of Palin will not bode well with the voters

My guess is the GOP powers don't want her to run. No doubt she'd get some votes, but probably only enough to serve as spoiler.

It will be interesting to see how much grapeshot the establishment right fires at her in 2012, and how willingly she turns herself into the victim of such sexist tactics on her mamagrizzlyhood.

I don't think she wants to run. Palin's foray into public life at this point exists for one reason only: to extend her 15 minutes and make more $.

If she wanted to be a public servant, should would have done it the right way: continued to serve the people that elected her and build on her reputation.

As it stands, she is going to continue to hint at running into 2012 to the last minute and then make up some lame excuse for not running. The second she states she is not a candidate, her stock will plummet and she will lose $.

BTW, I do think the Tucson think has hurt Palin. Most rational people don't blame her for Lougher's actions. However, her actions after the shooting were completely tacky. She insisted on being in the spotlight after an event to only insist that she wasn't responsible for the event.

I can understand defending yourself against people that want to blame you for something in which you aren't responsible. Palin could have done that with a single announcement. Instead, she used the event to take pot-shots at her favorite target: the "lame-stream media".

It was so off-putting that it was beyond words. That's why you are seeing the Palin media backlash now and all the editorials about "Palin Over Exposure".

The facts are simple..

Palin put her crosshairs on Giffords

Giffords objected to the violence themed rhetoric

Palin laughed and said "Don't retreat....RELOAD"

Whether she likes it or not, Palin is tied to Giffords. Her callous response will come back to haunt her. Her facebook response after the shooting showed she does not have what it takes to be president. Making the Giffords shooting about the further victimization of Palin will not bode well with the voters

Only from left wing whack jobs like yourself. You, and no other liberal loon have shown one shred of evidence to support your drivel. :cuckoo: Give me a friggin' break.

I don't think she wants to run. Palin's foray into public life at this point exists for one reason only: to extend her 15 minutes and make more $.

If she wanted to be a public servant, should would have done it the right way: continued to serve the people that elected her and build on her reputation.

As it stands, she is going to continue to hint at running into 2012 to the last minute and then make up some lame excuse for not running. The second she states she is not a candidate, her stock will plummet and she will lose $.

BTW, I do think the Tucson think has hurt Palin. Most rational people don't blame her for Lougher's actions. However, her actions after the shooting were completely tacky. She insisted on being in the spotlight after an event to only insist that she wasn't responsible for the event.

I can understand defending yourself against people that want to blame you for something in which you aren't responsible. Palin could have done that with a single announcement. Instead, she used the event to take pot-shots at her favorite target: the "lame-stream media".

It was so off-putting that it was beyond words. That's why you are seeing the Palin media backlash now and all the editorials about "Palin Over Exposure".

Those are all legit points, especially the third paragraph. I should've started my post with the hypothetical.

My gut tells me she's enjoying the political celebrity hybrid she's got going right now. It's working for her. But my guy also tells me she's got a bunch of yesmen around her, and IF she did want to run there'd be no one in that circle to tell her-- hey, Sarah, the poll numbers really aren't in your favor.

Forum List

Back