Palin Calls Obama Health Plan 'Evil'

I had sworn off any and all Palin threads for life unless she actually becomes news again, but I had to drop in on the mini-reunion. It's good to see you again, Nodog. Life is good here. Hope you stick around.

Oh and Jay, all this time you thought I was a guy? Really? I must have masculine typing skills.... ;)
you're NOT a guy!!!!!

dang, text isnt a great thing to tell gender from ;)

:rofl:

Maybe I should change my handle to something like Cindy Lou.

Last edited:
No one loves the insurance companies, but they too can be regulated, why they have not been, is a mystery to me. I can sure as hell tell you that you don't want a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE dictating your health care and decides who gets it and who doesn't. They will bankrupt the system and this country as they have social security, medicare and medicaid. Their record of running anything besides the military is dismal at best. They would not know how to make a profit out of running a neighborhood lemonade stand, I sure as hell don't want to give them 7% of our economy to run and let them determine and slice up the health care pie.

there is NO WAY she read the house bill....if she had read it, she wouldn't have spouted the lies she did last friday...or maybe she still would have lied....
have YOU actually read it?

no, no way could i have gone through the whole thing yet! just no way! wayyyyy too big!!! i have only gone through the sections being politically hit on by Navy, n others, and looked up concerns of my own list...which i am not finished researching yet!

Last edited:
Lies?????? Have you read this 1,000 page bill? Better question, Has Obama read it. They sure did not read the no stimulus stimulus bill before they all signed on.

Lies?????? Have you read this 1,000 page bill? Better question, Has Obama read it. They sure did not read the no stimulus stimulus bill before they all signed on.

no, but there IS TIME for them to read and modify this one, before the final vote! THANK GOD it could not be rushed through!

there is NO WAY she read the house bill....if she had read it, she wouldn't have spouted the lies she did last friday...or maybe she still would have lied....

no, no way could i have gone through the whole thing yet! just no way! wayyyyy too big!!! i have only gone through the sections being politically hit on by Navy, n others, and looked up concerns of my own list...which i am not finished researching yet!
so then, how do you know Sarah Palin didnt read it?

no, but there IS TIME for them to read and modify this one, before the final vote! THANK GOD it could not be rushed through!
which is part of what the people in the town halls have been ASKING for

I'm a believer in some kind of health care reform, but also that it's not something to do a Chicken Little over. What I'm intrigued most by is the rumor of a compromise Senate bill providing for co-ops rather than a public plan. Nothing is formally written yet, but it's an interesting idea. As always, the devil is in the details.

As I said earlier at this point in time we are dealing with absolute guess work. Until we get the final version out of the house/senate reconciliation committee. There is no real way of knowing exactly what the final bill will look like. Best to make your case against the more objectionable possibilities in advance so as to get them killed preemtively than to wait until the final bill is in place and voted on 3 days later without anyone having had time to read it.

I'm a believer in some kind of health care reform, but also that it's not something to do a Chicken Little over. What I'm intrigued most by is the rumor of a compromise Senate bill providing for co-ops rather than a public plan. Nothing is formally written yet, but it's an interesting idea. As always, the devil is in the details.
i'm all for reform
but what they are pushing isnt reform, its a whole new system that is government controled

What I'm intrigued most by is the rumor of a compromise Senate bill providing for co-ops rather than a public plan. Nothing is formally written yet, but it's an interesting idea. As always, the devil is in the details.

I think the compromises that will be necessary to get something passed are the very interesting part as well. And I think we HAD to get SOMETHING on the table in order to get the serious talks cranked up. That's fine. I have very mixed feelings in that I know we have HUGE cracks in the current system that I'd like to see addressed, but I'm also a fiscal conservative so I'd like to see if we have elected people who are smart enough to address BOTH of these concerns of mine. Maybe it's impossible or maybe some really smart people can come up with a good solution.

Or maybe I'm the only person who thinks these are both crucial elements of a successful healthcare plan and everyone else will just ignore me and do what they want to anyway.

Last edited:

i'm all for reform
but what they are pushing isnt reform, its a whole new system that is government controled

Hey Dive bro..............get yours while you can >>>>>>
NOPE.jpg

How classic is that???:clap2:

www.zazzle.com

What I'm intrigued most by is the rumor of a compromise Senate bill providing for co-ops rather than a public plan. Nothing is formally written yet, but it's an interesting idea. As always, the devil is in the details.

I think the compromises that will be necessary to get something passed are the very interesting part as well. And I think we HAD to get SOMETHING on the table in order to get the serious talks cranked up. That's fine. I have very mixed feelings in that I know we have HUGE cracks in the current system that I'd like to see addressed, but I'm also a fiscal conservative so I'd like to see if we have elected people who are smart enough to address BOTH of these concerns of mine. Maybe it's impossible or maybe some really smart people can come up with a good solution.

Or maybe I'm the only person who thinks these are both crucial elements of a successful healthcare plan and everyone else will just ignore me and do what they want to anyway.

You're absolutely right, both need to be addressed. Cover everybody but don't address costs and it's just changing who goes bankrupt. Don't cover everybody and the covered still pay for the care of the uninsured. It's too complicated for either side's talking points. I just hope there's some smart people left in Congress. :doubt:

And of course the quality has to be at least on par with what we have now, plus accessibility has to improve. If it were easy somebody would have done it by now.

so then, how do you know Sarah Palin didnt read it?

because what she spouted out about it was NOT FACTUAL and NOT in the bill....I DID READ the portions of the bill she was intellectually dishonest about and if she had actually read it, i am presuming she would have comprehended what she read and not parroted the lies of the far right wing....i could be wrong, she could have read the sections and DECIDED TO LIE about it anyway...:eusa_whistle:

care

Forum List

Back