Palin calling for an end to investigation she requested

"Alaska lawmaker sees bias in Palin 'troopergate' probe"
Alaska lawmaker sees bias in Palin 'troopergate' probe - Yahoo! News
Republican representative John Coghill said in a letter to the chairman of the Alaska Legislative Council that comments made by Hollis French concerning Palin and the "troopergate" probe were political.
Coghill, a preacher who is a staunch supporter of Palin, said French's comments that the inquiry into Palin's dismissal of Alaska's public safety commissioner could form an "October surprise" indicated he was not neutral.
Coghill also accused French of telling the media that if Republicans had properly vetted Palin "they never would have picked her. Now they may have to deal with an October surprise".
Trooper gate had better work otherwise Barry and Plugs are gonna' look really stupid in the debates triggering an electoral landslide for McCain/Palin.

I'm just tellin' ya; You dems better pray hard to your pagan gods that troopergate works! :lol:

Last edited:
"Alaska lawmaker sees bias in Palin 'troopergate' probe"
Alaska lawmaker sees bias in Palin 'troopergate' probe - Yahoo! News

Trooper gate had better work otherwise Barry and Plugs are gonna' look really stupid in the debates triggering an electoral landslide for McCain/Palin.

I'm just tellin' ya; You dems better pray hard to your pagan gods that troopergate works! :lol:

see this is what I don't get.. where is Obama or anyone from his camp even commenting on this issue? I see none of it.

It would seem that IF McCain/Palin truly thought nothing bad would come out, they would send her back to Alaska for a few days, allow her and her staff to testify, get it over with and let the investigation come to a close.

I think they've made this more than it needed to be by trying to stop the investigation. I think they've made more of it by refusing to honor the subpenas issued by a bi-partisan committee. I think they've made more of it by giving several different reasons for the firing of Walt Monegan.

Palin said, in July, that she welcomed the investigation. the vote was 14 - 0 to investigate... 10 Republicans 4 Democrats.

MCain and his camp have tried to turn this into a reverse political tool...claiming some political bias that never existed because the investigation started BEFORE Palin was tapped to be VP and before anyone even gave her a second thought.

IF the investigation had been launched AFTER her selection then I'd be right on board saying it's a democratic trick to malign her... that isn't the case.

On Aug 13th Palin said there was no need to issue subpoenas because she and her staff would gladly testify. what's changed since that time? nothing except now there is more on the line for her and for McCain.

If it's proven that she did indeed abuse her powers then all that blows up in her face.

If it's proven that she didn't, she looks like an idiot for trying to stop the investigation and wasting so much time and money in an effort to hide what amounted to nothing.

I don't see this as turning out badly for the Democrats either way.

Ya know.....these kind of things (troopergate, et al) have been going on for quite a few years in the Repugnican side of the house.

Let's talk about Alberto Gonzales, Donald RumsFAILED, as well as the rest of the Texas Mafia while we're at it. All these scandals are being handled by the same dumb bunch of people, using the same dumb, fucked up logic, which is to say, they're using George Bush Jr.'s playbook and failing miserably.

Palin called for the independent investigation, not Biden or Obama. It's looking like her attempt at transparency blew up in her face. :rofl:

How's that?

Well, just about all of Palin's staff have ignored the subpeonas. You know that don't you. Her husband nas refused to testify. You know that also?

Let's see. You add all those refusals to the ones that Rove and Myers have refused and there is no other conclusion one can come to than the GOP is above the subpeona process, which basically means they are above the law.

Now, I am anticipating you spin on this one. Please enlighten me!

And you don't think these links don't prove my point? That her national political enemies have hijacked this for their OWN agenda entirely? LOL

No need to hijack anything. She is guilty as hell. That is why she is stonewalling. They have audio tapes, emails, and multiple witnesses.

Forum List

Back