Palin Called a Spade a Spade

O please.

As if Unions are the archangels sent from God for the American workers...

I didn't say that unions were the archangels, I said that the GOP hates unions because it fucks with their greed.

Personally? I think the idea of a union is a good thing, as it makes it easier to keep the working conditions and wages fair with how the company is doing.

However........sometimes they get too big and ask for too much, which is what happened to GM.
The way you're "OH LYKE OMGZ UNIUNZ RAWKZ ANDZ REPUBS R LYKE SO GREEDY"...kinda why I had my "archangel" theory.

And let's say that while unions may have their "angel" side...they also have their "devil" side...and there's more of a "devil" side than an "angel" one.

Actually, you're right. But, having lived in a union family for a long time, I can tell you it's not so much the fault of the union itself, as it is the fault of the people in charge of it.

Remember Jimmy Hoffa?

But, if you watch the news, it seems that the majority of those with lots of cash think nothing of stepping on the backs of others to get more. Matter of fact, one commentator called them "billionaire cannibals", because they used the free stuff available to the poor, while refusing to utilize their own resources.

And no........greed is not good, that's why it's one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

I didn't say that unions were the archangels, I said that the GOP hates unions because it fucks with their greed.

Personally? I think the idea of a union is a good thing, as it makes it easier to keep the working conditions and wages fair with how the company is doing.

However........sometimes they get too big and ask for too much, which is what happened to GM.
The way you're "OH LYKE OMGZ UNIUNZ RAWKZ ANDZ REPUBS R LYKE SO GREEDY"...kinda why I had my "archangel" theory.

And let's say that while unions may have their "angel" side...they also have their "devil" side...and there's more of a "devil" side than an "angel" one.

Actually, you're right. But, having lived in a union family for a long time, I can tell you it's not so much the fault of the union itself, as it is the fault of the people in charge of it.

Remember Jimmy Hoffa?

But, if you watch the news, it seems that the majority of those with lots of cash think nothing of stepping on the backs of others to get more. Matter of fact, one commentator called them "billionaire cannibals", because they used the free stuff available to the poor, while refusing to utilize their own resources.

And no........greed is not good, that's why it's one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Yo, my Dad was a union guy too, let's say he got the "devil" treatment instead of the "angel" one...

Kinda why I have a bit of an antipathy toward unions...

Last edited:
I like the idea of the workers having a way to balance out the CEO's. However.....you are correct in that some instances the unions become bad. GM's union is part of what broke that company, but the majority of the blame rests on the idiot executives.

But then again, it brings to mind the proverb "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Sarah Palin DIDN'T tell the truth... she used a LIE and added the language of FEAR...

Which is EXACTLY what the right wing base LIVES by... no forward looking thought, no optimism, no trust in humankind, no hope...just FEAR...

FEAR, and a black hole of thought that possesses them...which brings out their thuggery of dialogue on the radio and right wing cable...always with the scent of violence...

The right really doesn't deserve to live in a free and open society...they would be much less fearful under despotism...

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater (R) – Late Senator & Father of the Conservative movement

I'm curious to see how the OP would distinguish "civility" from "niceness". You say that there are unpleasant truths that, despite the fact that they are hard to hear, need to be said. I get that.

But to say that people can't have a civil discourse is utterly false. To profess that you're "just tellin' it like it is" doesn't excuse atrocious behavior. It's in your OWN best interest to find the right mix between intense and idiotic, even if what you're saying is the truth.

I totally agree, btw, that Pelosi is a complete hypocrite for espousing disruption by her side and denouncing it when it's her opponents. Disruption serves NO ONE.

The original post seems to be a huge rationalization for being a jerk. Just my 2 cents.

In fact, Palin was quite civil in her criticisms of HR 3200 although she stated her concerns about what some saw as health care rationing that was implicit in the bill in dramatic terms. It is her critics who continue to be uncivil.

If you went to a townhall meeting in which the Congressman would only restate his predetermined talking points when confronted with difficult questions, would it be wrong of you to shout out that he was being unresponsive to important questions if that were the only way to draw attention to what he was doing?

Ok. First of all, if you claim that either side is acting 100% above reproach you're deluded.

Second, shouting is NEVER the answer. If people continually get up, raise their volume, and ask the same or similar questions, the point comes across. But shouting is the PERFECT way to get discredited and NOT get listened to.

I get it, you're angry. And you know what, that's awesome. Seriously, you care and you're passionate. I'm not trying to take that away from you. Shouting? Shouting over each other? Shouting over your own people? Shouting over someone trying to give you even a crappy answer? Intimidating someone into an answer ...surely you know that's disaster.

When i'm in front of a jury, it's when I lower my voice that people really pay attention.

As for Palin being polite. I personally think that the use of the words "Death Panel" were disingenuous. She's grasping at staying relevant and remaining in the public eye - and provocation is the easiest way to do that.

And i didn't think the OP was only talking about Palin. I thought we were talking about politness by everyone.

The whole "end justifies the means" theory of getting your point across just makes other people shut down.

Nice write up - and confirms my view that Palin has dominated Obama on what was Obama's own issue. She might actually be as tough as those who have long supported her say.

Now we must see if Obama has any real toughness and if he can reassert control within his own party....
It has been amusing watching the Palin haters yell like dopey kids about this, still trying to bring back October & November of last year.

Mrs Palin spoke out on two parts of this bill, and now both are off the table.

They can insult her, spin bitch and whine all they want, but she got results vs a President with a fillibuster proof senate and control of the house.

That is a fine accomplishment.

I suspect she plans on being very influential underground. :eusa_shhh::lol: we ain't seen the last of "private citizen Palin" you betcha!

Just out of curiosity..........

How the fuck is the pitbull bitch from Alaska going to be able to call a spade a spade, when the stupid **** doesn't even have any fucking idea of what the truth is outside her own deluded bullshit?

Pain in the ass Palin isn't smart enough, good enough, or dedicated enough to make people like her.

She's a quitter bimbo.

youre getting a little soft, you need to ramp it up a bit.

I'm curious to see how the OP would distinguish "civility" from "niceness". You say that there are unpleasant truths that, despite the fact that they are hard to hear, need to be said. I get that.

But to say that people can't have a civil discourse is utterly false. To profess that you're "just tellin' it like it is" doesn't excuse atrocious behavior. It's in your OWN best interest to find the right mix between intense and idiotic, even if what you're saying is the truth.

I totally agree, btw, that Pelosi is a complete hypocrite for espousing disruption by her side and denouncing it when it's her opponents. Disruption serves NO ONE.

The original post seems to be a huge rationalization for being a jerk. Just my 2 cents.

In fact, Palin was quite civil in her criticisms of HR 3200 although she stated her concerns about what some saw as health care rationing that was implicit in the bill in dramatic terms. It is her critics who continue to be uncivil.

If you went to a townhall meeting in which the Congressman would only restate his predetermined talking points when confronted with difficult questions, would it be wrong of you to shout out that he was being unresponsive to important questions if that were the only way to draw attention to what he was doing?
Civil? I don't think so. She lied, she frightened old people and she used her kid as a political tool.

Yeah...........and it's the fear mongering by the GOP that is causing people to show up at town hall meetings with an ASSAULT RIFLE! Saw that on the news.

Don't you GOP idiots think you're taking stuff a bit too far with this shit?

Forum List

Back