Palin breaks with McCain on gay marriage amendment ....

.... say what? Didn't she recently say that she believed that "it was up to the individual states" :confused:

Palin breaks with McCain on gay marriage amendment - Yahoo! News

:eusa_shifty: The McCain/Palin honeymoon must be over. :eek:

Btw .... I am voting against this too! Might surprise some of you ... but I do not support "gay marriage".

Like that's hard to believe? It IS up to the individual states. A constitutional amendment is wrong, and one doesn't have to be a frothing at the mouth leftwingnut to believe so.

Nor is it surprising that McCain and Palin don't hold the same positions. She's actually conservative.:eusa_whistle:

Like that's hard to believe? It IS up to the individual states. A constitutional amendment is wrong, and one doesn't have to be a frothing at the mouth leftwingnut to believe so.

Nor is it surprising that McCain and Palin don't hold the same positions. She's actually conservative.:eusa_whistle:

I thought that leaving it up to the states WAS the actual conservative position. But now I hear you saying that Palin is the real conservative because she supports an amendment (to the US Constitution) banning gay marriage. I guess I just don't know what conservative means anymore. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought that leaving it up to the states WAS the actual conservative position. But now I hear you saying that Palin is the real conservative because she supports an amendment (to the US Constitution) banning gay marriage. I guess I just don't know what conservative means anymore. :rolleyes:

it seems to be whatever they want it to mean.

Our constitution should not be amended to push some rightwing agenda on gay marriage.

It should be up to the states to define marriage within their state.

it seems to be whatever they want it to mean.

Our constitution should not be amended to push some rightwing agenda on gay marriage.

It should be up to the states to define marriage within their state.

This issue of state's rights could easily be said to have been somewhat affected by what George W. has done to the Constitution , wouldn't you say?

I beg to differ--half of America is always telling the other half they should stop doing something.
Sure, and that will never stop. But it doesn't change my point, amending the constitution to deny someone rights is about as far as you can get from the founder's intent.

are you implying mccain is a rino?

It's not a right but a choice. A bad one at that.
Exactly glock, it is a choice, much like so called simple abortion it to was a choice, but eventually became law and bad law at that, almost evolved into(Partial Birth Abortion)legalized infant canibalism. However homosexual marriage will eventually be force upon the masses by US Supreme courts as well, so dont worry the USA is leaning in the direction of retroactive anarchist debotchary anyway, may as well top it off with unnatural behavioral marriages...I mean where does it all stop, are there no limits?!?! whats next?!?!? lol check this out just when you think youve seen it all, could this be the beginning of human animal cross fusing?? now the article doesnt say it, but it sure reeks of possible implications?!?!?!
Human tissue could be taken from the infirm without their consent and used for research - Telegraph
Homosexual marrige is nothing more than a deviant societal identity trap to destroy the family institution of man and wife. If you break this you will have accomplished the destruction of a nations true resolve....

Last edited:
For the record. I said ... I do not support "gay marriage", that does not mean they do not have the right to do it or not. Whatever the law is ... I will support "the law" ... but I do not have to agree with it nor do I feel the need to support it. :)

Obviously on this issue she's thinking like a Dem, huh?

Leaving it to the states is the conservative point of view. Which doesn't change my general statement about them disagreeing because she is the conservative.

When you figure out who's what anymore, be sure and let me know. All I've figured out so far is that anyone voting Democrat has their head so far up their asses they aren't getting any oxygen. I blame it ALL on THAT.:eusa_whistle:

Obviously on this issue she's thinking like a Dem, huh?

Leaving it to the states is the conservative point of view. Which doesn't change my general statement about them disagreeing because she is the conservative.

When you figure out who's what anymore, be sure and let me know. All I've figured out so far is that anyone voting Democrat has their head so far up their asses they aren't getting any oxygen. I blame it ALL on THAT.:eusa_whistle:

I'm glad to see you're finally acknowledging your partisan bias. Most of us have known about it for a while now but as they say, admitting to yourself that you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. :cool:

Forum List

Back