Palin: brazenly corrupt rotten apple

Hot Air Blog Archive Desperation from Democrats ... This, at least, qualifies as a legitimate concern ... [/I]

Thank goodness you agree! I could see that there was good sense in you.

I am not worried that this will sink McCain. He is already known for his unorthodox ways of making decisions. He needs to dump Palin, and find a new VP.

To those who see this as a failure, I remind you that John McCain predicted that the war in Iraq would fail unless troop levels were increased years before anyone else ... and he was right. He makes decisions like this, sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong.

I don't care about the investigation. Palin's own words spell out what she did. She can't be the VP of the United States.

The time for talk is past ... we need to all go to the McCain web site, select "contact us" and let these guys know that we will not hold a Palin swap out against this great man who has over the years shown he can make tough decisions when it is needed.

Palin is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Edited to add:

BTW McCain must make it clear that he is not dumping Palin because of some non-issue like her daughter's pregnancy or because her husband used to drink 100 years ago, he is dumping her because he is above all a man of integrity, complete integrity, a breath of fresh air in a Washington that is awash in filth, and Palin cannot measure up to this standard no matter how large or small her role was in the troopergate thing. At the very least, she should not have fired the man considering she already admitted that she can understand how he might have perceived the illegal phone calls and requests as originating from her (assuming they did not in fact originate from her). It strains credulity that her office undertook this operation on their own, but even if you accept that, Palin should not have fired this man who was under siege by her own office.

Last edited:
No... we do not agree... I agree that it was something to be looked at...

Were we do not agree is that in fact, this is not corruption... this is nothing... there will be no criminal charges or anything of the sort... the situation has been in the open and was handled well by Palin...

Your little troll obsession and repeat posting of the same slogan phrase, over and over and over and over and over again is flat out silly....

Again... go with facts... not with slogans

... go with facts... not with slogans ...

Facts it is then. Sarah Palin quote:

"The individual inquiries taken by themselves are one thing. Many of these inquiries were completely appropriate; however, the serial nature of the contacts understandably could be perceived as some kind of pressure, presumably at my direction"

You cannot be a clean politician and fire a person who you have just admitted had very good reason to think they were being illegally forced into manipulating the courts.

Can you imagine being in this man's shoes? Lets assume its all some big mistake, and there was no attempt on Palin's part to win favor for his sister's case.

But the man who was being asked to fire the trooper has every reason to think that he was the center of such a conspiracy ... these are Palin's own words!

What does she do then? She fires him.

Best case scenario, this is dirty politics that is standard Washington fare.

More likely, this is something completely new and sinister.

Either way, how can you say that this measures up to John McCain's standards? I have been waiting 8 years to vote for this man, I don't want the ticket to fail, but Palin is a non-starter any way you look at it.

Facts it is then. Sarah Palin quote:

"The individual inquiries taken by themselves are one thing. Many of these inquiries were completely appropriate; however, the serial nature of the contacts understandably could be perceived as some kind of pressure, presumably at my direction"

You cannot be a clean politician and fire a person who you have just admitted had very good reason to think they were being illegally forced into manipulating the courts.

Can you imagine being in this man's shoes? Lets assume its all some big mistake, and there was no attempt on Palin's part to win favor for his sister's case.

But the man who was being asked to fire the trooper has every reason to think that he was the center of such a conspiracy ... these are Palin's own words!

What does she do then? She fires him.

Best case scenario, this is dirty politics that is standard Washington fare.

More likely, this is something completely new and sinister.

Either way, how can you say that this measures up to John McCain's standards? I have been waiting 8 years to vote for this man, I don't want the ticket to fail, but Palin is a non-starter any way you look at it.

No... not your selective portion of the fact... the summary of the entire situation has been posted and linked in here ad nauseum... and shows that your obsession and sloganeering is completely and totally off base

Right, and your side will defend her with just as little evidence and play the role of the enforcers of good and rightness. You are full of self righteousnous when your party with Atwater and Rove raised sliming to an art.

Bullshit. If she used her office to punish her brother in law and instead punished the head of the department, she was wrong.

Sort of like the Bush gang has done with whistle blowerrs.

Let's see what happens as they investigate. Unless they push it off until after the election.

All these years we hoped for a new fresh face that might actually change how Washington works. Obama builds a grass roots campaign the likes of which no one has ever seen, actually defeats the Clintons, and people have the balls to say he hasn't accomplished anything?

By the way, the VP is one of the only appointments that the Congress has no say in the matter. So it is the publics job to reject Sarah Palin for being someone who has done NOTHING to get where she is, other than be born with a vagina and be anti abortion.

Obama Accomplishments:

Sponsored 152 bills, cosponsored 427 more.
Sponsored 780 bills in state senate, 280 passed into law.
League of Conservation Voters, Planned Parenthood, NEA give him an A
Obama is the Senate point man on ethics
Got rid of Russia's WMD's
Passed major ethics and reform bill
Represented America all over the world
He cosponsored the secure orderly immigration act with Mccain
Got kids healthcare

Obama's accomplishments in his 11 years in elective office - Democratic Underground

... Got rid of Russia's WMD's ...

Well, thank goodness Obama was there to get rid of Russia's weapons of mass destruction. Russia has no more nukes, biologicals, or chemicals at all - Obama got rid of all of them! All by himself! Can I be the first to nominate him as a candidate for the job of Batman?

McCain needs to dump Palin ASAP or I will have vote in the same booth as this schmuck.

Help!

One example. One example anytime in this great nations 220 years of history. Of any top ticket candidate ever sinking as low as this vile snake has sunk. She fired a man for putting principles above his own self interest. If that is not evil, what do you call it?

She fired a librarian for the same reason. She asked all of the city managers of Wasilla to resign, in a show of loyalty to her, when she became mayor. She openly calls the war in Iraq a religious war. God's war.

She is a bizarre piece of work with no place in the white house. I don't know if she acted illegally, and that seems to be the defense that is offered. What I do know is that she uses position in a bizarre and disturbing way.

I am certainly for reform. I am not for calls of resignation as a demonstration of loyalty, that's just WEIRD!

Last edited:
She fired a librarian for the same reason.

She asked all of the city managers of Wasilla to resign, in a show of loyalty to her, when she became mayor. She openly calls the war in Iraq a religious war. God's war.

She is a bizarre piece of work with no place in the white house.

Yes! Now we are talking. She has no place in the white house, she is both corrupt and nuts at the same time.

So, go on the McCain web site, and let them know that (1) you expect him to change this mistake, and (2) you will vote for him if he does.

I have no problem doing that. I don't think he will dump her, though he should.

I am curious, are you bothered that she calls the war God's war? I am just curious. I imagine some people truly see it that way.

I have no problem doing that. I don't think he will dump her, though he should.

I am curious, are you bothered that she calls the war God's war? I am just curious. I imagine some people truly see it that way.

Her calling the war in Iraq God's war is just being honest about what Bush already does. I don't like it, but I consider it standard Washington fare.

Her shameless nepotism and vicious vindictiveness against a completely innocent third party is something else entirely. It speaks to a black, black, evil soul. I don't want anyone so dirty, cruel and heartless as my VP.

Garbage--can we stop with the hyperbole ? Check LBJ's record for one--she looks like a saint compared to him.

NOBODY compares to the self-serving, corrupt, jackass in the office right now and what party is he from again?

Also, LBJ is the closest thing to a Republican the Democrats have ever had. He was only on the JFK ticket to win against the second most corrupt President ever, Dick Nixon. I sure wish this country at least had people that really knew their own history

I think she's dirty as hell.

If she isn't, she sure as hell set herself up to look like she is.

Most of what some of us are writing about her is not in dispute, so claiming this is all just partisan politics, while comforting to some of you, is simply not true.

As to the nonsense about her daughter?

Nobody that I know who is authentically a leftie much cares. If anything it makes us more sympathetic to her as a person and certainly doesn't take anything away from her as a poltician.

The media ought to just stop reporting on silly crap like that.

It is NOT relevant and frankly, it is none of our business.

Last edited:
The media ought to just stop reporting on silly crap like that.

It is NOT relevant and frankly, it is none of our business.

You are completely correct. These are all non-issues.

Her ability to serve is compromised by her limited experience, which I can live with, and by her dirty dirty dastardly dreads with regards to her sister's divorce, which I cannot live with.

... Who the fuck made this troll a moderator? ...

Certain rude individuals who bring nothing new to the table always appeal to foul language and gutter speak to make themselves appear important.

It changes nothing. You change nothing. You are nothing.

My God... the legnths the liberals are going to to smear Sarah Palin has reached commical proportions. It's turned into a fucking CIRCUS!

But, I guess that's what they do when they're scared. They see defeat looming on the horizon.

Forum List

Back