Palin bills rape victims for investigation rape kit testing

stop being an idiot there are plenty of sources for the story...refute it ...or shut up

I did read it Strolling and it's an OpEd, I actually looked around and here is the deal.

Yes the Wasilla Police department does charge for them. and here are gov. Palins comments.

"(But) the Wasilla police department does charge the victims of sexual assault for the tests," the newspaper reported. USA TODAY

A Palin spokesperson, contacted by USA Today, said the governor "does not believe, nor has she ever believed, that rape victims should have to pay for an evidence-gathering test." USA TODAY.

So to imply that this is a Sarah Palin inspired thing by the author of the article is a little misleading.

The bill passed despite the objections of Wasilla Police Chief Charlie Fannon, who said it would require the city to come up with more money to cover the costs of buying the rape kits and conducting the exams.

Wasilla charged victims for rape kits, exams - Los Angeles Times

I think my point was, that NOT that Sarah Palin approves of this, but that the Wasilla Police billed for them as a result of the costs. It's pretty clear when asked about it, the Wasilla Police chief acknowledged that it was the policy of the police department. However, as I mentioned above, I honestly don't see how this makes a connection to Sarah Palin for approving of this!! because like I posted above, in her statement she does not.

The bill passed despite the objections of Wasilla Police Chief Charlie Fannon, who said it would require the city to come up with more money to cover the costs of buying the rape kits and conducting the exams.

Wasilla charged victims for rape kits, exams - Los Angeles Times

I think my point was, that NOT that Sarah Palin approves of this, but that the Wasilla Police billed for them as a result of the costs. It's pretty clear when asked about it, the Wasilla Police chief acknowledged that it was the policy of the police department. However, as I mentioned above, I honestly don't see how this makes a connection to Sarah Palin for approving of this!! because like I posted above, in her statement she does not.

Well if she was the mayor when this was happening and allowed it go on then I have even more of a problem with her.

Well if she was the mayor when this was happening and allowed it go on then I have even more of a problem with her.

A Palin spokesperson, contacted by USA Today, said the governor "does not believe, nor has she ever believed, that rape victims should have to pay for an evidence-gathering test." USA TODAY.

I think Robert I posted that earlier, but she was mayor when it was a policy of the Wasilla Police dept. and it was a policy 4 years prior to her becomming mayor. However, I don't see any evidence where, someone was actually charged in person for it. and as mentioned above , the connection to somehow impune her is somewhat weak, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

I think Robert I posted that earlier, but she was mayor when it was a policy of the Wasilla Police dept. and it was a policy 4 years prior to her becomming mayor. However, I don't see any evidence where, someone was actually charged in person for it. and as mentioned above , the connection to somehow impune her is somewhat weak, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

Note I said if, I'm getting back in the swing of things after not really being on here a couple days.

Lets see--how many rapes do you suppose there were in Wasilla, Alaska, during the time she was mayor?

I bet much less that the murders that have been in the City Of Chicago--where there were more murders this summer than deaths in Iraq & Afganistan!

Lets see--how many rapes do you suppose there were in Wasilla, Alaska, during the time she was mayor?

I bet much less that the murders that have been in the City Of Chicago--where there were more murders this summer than deaths in Iraq & Afganistan!

Thats wierd.....I thought for sure they had an "effective" ban on guns in Chicago. Hmmmmm

I did read it Strolling and it's an OpEd, I actually looked around and here is the deal.

Yes the Wasilla Police department does charge for them. and here are gov. Palins comments.

"(But) the Wasilla police department does charge the victims of sexual assault for the tests," the newspaper reported. USA TODAY

So to imply that this is a Sarah Palin inspired thing by the author of the article is a little misleading.

What a novel thought. Making the "CRIMINAL" pay restitution to the "VICTIM"--versus the law abiding tax payers of Wasilla. NO WAY! Is that legal?
Are the criminal's rights violated in any way here?

Last edited:
What a novel thought. Making the "CRIMINAL" pay restitution to the "VICTIM"--versus the law abiding tax payers of Wasilla. NO WAY! Is that legal?
Are the criminal's rights violated in any way here?

It's my understanding here, that the state of Alaska passed a law that corrected this. However it's also my understanding that while the Wasilla police had such a policy they never actually billed anyone. However, if proven that someone is guilty of rape then I would say hell yes make them pay for it. Thats not always realistic though, because the person is most likely going to be locked up and have nothing to their name. I do however , like the idea of restitution first before the taxpayers and the Victim are stuck with the bill. The Victim most especially.

any woman or man thinking of voting for the mccain and palin ticket needs to consider this:

While Mayor, Sarah Palin Charged Rape Victims for their Own Justice - Feministing

Actually SHE did not do this at all. The city council did it and it was not specific to rape either. They passed a bill requiring the city to bill victims for the forensic work-up as part of the investigation into any crime. Not just rape. They specifically did it as a means of trying to pressure the state legislature to set aside funds for small town with small budgets who could not afford the bill for forensic work as part of crime investigation after requests they do so had gone without response. Forensic work cost (at that time) anywhere from $1600-$8000 depending on the crime. No crime victim, much less any rape victim -wsa ever billed for it or in any way asked to pay a red cent. And the state legislature did respond by passing a bill that specifically set aside the necessary funds to assist small towns (not just Wasilla which benefitted here from it) who did not have the budgets to pay for forensic work necessary as part of their investigation of crimes -not just rape.

But hey, by omitting some really vital FACTS that changes the story entirely -it sure makes it sound like she's the vicious, heartless bitch you wanted people to believe she is, doesn't it?

any woman or man thinking of voting for the mccain and palin ticket needs to consider this:

While Mayor, Sarah Palin Charged Rape Victims for their Own Justice - Feministing

stop being an idiot there are plenty of sources for the story...refute it ...or shut up

Don't look now, but not only has this spin already been tried, but I think you got served on trying to re-sell it.

You can't find enough legitimate reasons to dislike Palin that you have to fabricate them?

Hmmm ....

Forum List

Back