Palin Attacks: Obama's Hostility to Business is Preventing Job Creation

wow, ever heard of competition. Make utilities non profit and cost will soar. Service will take a back seat to employee longevity.

No, it won't. Where I am from, the city still operates water, sewer, trash pick up etc. I should know, I worked as a lab tech at the waste water plant. Their rates were MUCH lower than the private companies in Atlanta and surrounding counties - they have to make a profit, so of COURSE the rates are higher. They are much more efficient too - everything is on one bill. Private companies ALWAYS cost more than a public municipality. That's why we fought privitization in my town and won.

wow, ever heard of competition. Make utilities non profit and cost will soar. Service will take a back seat to employee longevity.

No, it won't. Where I am from, the city still operates water, sewer, trash pick up etc. I should know, I worked as a lab tech at the waste water plant. Their rates were MUCH lower than the private companies in Atlanta and surrounding counties - they have to make a profit, so of COURSE the rates are higher. They are much more efficient too - everything is on one bill. Private companies ALWAYS cost more than a public municipality. That's why we fought privitization in my town and won.

Dead wrong there Sparky. Dead wrong. Ignorant as always you are. Unless of course you know you're wrong and you're just spewing bullshit.

Dead wrong there Sparky. Dead wrong. Ignorant as always you are. Unless of course you know you're wrong and you're just spewing bullshit.

I am completely right, and I think you know it. Public utilities without fail cost the consumer FAR less than private utilities do. Please refute this at any point with actual proof and numbers.

We used to have the Long Island Lighting Company (LILCO) here on Long Island and our electricity rates were outrageous.

Now we have the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) which is non-profit and our rates are substantially lower.

Maybe someone here can actually list what Obama has done that can be considered inordinately hostile to business.

I don't think you people know what 'hostile to business' even looks like.
Putting a moritorium on Oil and Gas Drilling is one of them when there was no need too. That has effected over 100 thousand people alone. Also Obama wouldn't step in back in August of 2009 to help farmers who had their water turned off over a 2 inch minnow in California. Eighty Thousand were put out of work. Another is Obama cancelled the NASA Constellation Program and the Heavy Lift Ares Rocket that was to be the Shuttle replacement that would take Americans back to the moon. That caused around 89 thousand jobs lost as well as future contracts of companies that made components for the vehicle. He cancelled the F-22 program that cost tens of thousands of jobs and the loss of contracts with other companies. Do you want me to get into what healthcare will do to businesses or cap n trade if he chooses to go that route? What about the 10% tanning bed tax imposed on small privately owned businesses. Usually that has been a good fresh start up business for young people to get into. They are already hurting since the tax went into effect last month.

To say nothing of the attempted S-Corp boondogle that would be another kick in the nuts to small business.

The healthcare costs, the raising of the corporate and capital gains tax rates...

NYCarb once again getting their ass kicked by simple facts...:eusa_angel:

Here we have the Obama Democrats' jobless "recovery" where over a trillion dollars have been wasted, and a consistent attack against the free markets and small business waged...

employment-us-2007-now.jpg

And here we have the conservative run Canadian pro-business economy, where the corporate tax rates have been slashed. Canada now has recovered ALL the jobs it lost during the recession already, and will be running a budget surplus in the near future.

employment-ca-2007-now.jpg

So that star, way down on that "downward" curve is where Obama caught the ball? Yea, Obama was given a lot to work with. A lot of "mess".

Here we have the Obama Democrats' jobless "recovery" where over a trillion dollars have been wasted, and a consistent attack against the free markets and small business waged...

employment-us-2007-now.jpg

And here we have the conservative run Canadian pro-business economy, where the corporate tax rates have been slashed. Canada now has recovered ALL the jobs it lost during the recession already, and will be running a budget surplus in the near future.

employment-ca-2007-now.jpg

So that star, way down on that "downward" curve is where Obama caught the ball? Yea, Obama was given a lot to work with. A lot of "mess".

Yes - a mess he inherited in great part from the Democrat controlled Congress, of which he was a member of...:eusa_angel:

Maybe someone here can actually list what Obama has done that can be considered inordinately hostile to business.

I don't think you people know what 'hostile to business' even looks like.
Putting a moritorium on Oil and Gas Drilling is one of them when there was no need too. That has effected over 100 thousand people alone. Also Obama wouldn't step in back in August of 2009 to help farmers who had their water turned off over a 2 inch minnow in California. Eighty Thousand were put out of work. Another is Obama cancelled the NASA Constellation Program and the Heavy Lift Ares Rocket that was to be the Shuttle replacement that would take Americans back to the moon. That caused around 89 thousand jobs lost as well as future contracts of companies that made components for the vehicle. He cancelled the F-22 program that cost tens of thousands of jobs and the loss of contracts with other companies. Do you want me to get into what healthcare will do to businesses or cap n trade if he chooses to go that route? What about the 10% tanning bed tax imposed on small privately owned businesses. Usually that has been a good fresh start up business for young people to get into. They are already hurting since the tax went into effect last month.
Obama is no friend to small business. The Republicans are not either.
Government entitlement programs is what is killing small business. We are taxed to death to pay for:
Social Security-how much do we cut and when my friend?
Medicare- ditto
Government handouts to retired government workers-ditto
Those 3 programs consume ALL of the tax revenues collected now my friend. The rest of the budget-2 wars, military, courts, etc. we have TO BORROW all of the $ from China.
How much are YOU willing to give back on social security,medicare and government benefits?
If you are not willing to give back anything then how can you claim anything about any of this?

Forum List

Back