Palin Attacks: Obama's Hostility to Business is Preventing Job Creation

Putting a moritorium on Oil and Gas Drilling is one of them when there was no need too. That has effected over 100 thousand people alone. Also Obama wouldn't step in back in August of 2009 to help farmers who had their water turned off over a 2 inch minnow in California. Eighty Thousand were put out of work. Another is Obama cancelled the NASA Constellation Program and the Heavy Lift Ares Rocket that was to be the Shuttle replacement that would take Americans back to the moon. That caused around 89 thousand jobs lost as well as future contracts of companies that made components for the vehicle. He cancelled the F-22 program that cost tens of thousands of jobs and the loss of contracts with other companies. Do you want me to get into what healthcare will do to businesses or cap n trade if he chooses to go that route? What about the 10% tanning bed tax imposed on small privately owned businesses. Usually that has been a good fresh start up business for young people to get into. They are already hurting since the tax went into effect last month.

There were 51 billion dollars worth of business tax cuts in the stimulus bill, that YOU I'm guessing, opposed. You seem more hostile to business than Obama is.

Obama is trying to pass financial reform to fix problems that caused the financial meltdown. How hostile to business was the financial meltdown? And you, I'm guessing, oppose financial reform.
So why is Obama letting the Bush tax cuts expire?

I don't know that he is. Those tax cuts didn't prevent the major recession we're either still in or just coming out of. What is their use, other than to add to the DEFICIT that people like you constantly complain about?

Putting a moritorium on Oil and Gas Drilling is one of them when there was no need too.

We have an oil spill in the Gulf that is destroying an entire region of our country and have no way to stop it, in case you hadn't heard. It was caused by a blowout of a deepwater well, in case you haven't heard.

You don't continue doing something that you can't fix if something goes wrong.

They are fixing the spill in case you haven't heard. They are also learning HOW TO FIX A DEEPWATER SPILL in case you haven't heard.

You can bet your ass if it ever happend again, God Forbid, then they will know what steps to take TO FIX IT.

They are fixing it by spending 6 months drilling a relief well. That is not a satisfactory fix.

Putting a moritorium on Oil and Gas Drilling is one of them when there was no need too.

We have an oil spill in the Gulf that is destroying an entire region of our country and have no way to stop it, in case you hadn't heard. It was caused by a blowout of a deepwater well, in case you haven't heard.

They are fixing the spill in case you haven't heard. They are also learning HOW TO FIX A DEEPWATER SPILL in case you haven't heard.

You can bet your ass if it ever happend again, God Forbid, then they will know what steps to take TO FIX IT.

They should have known how to fix a deepwater spill before they drilled the well.

There were 51 billion dollars worth of business tax cuts in the stimulus bill, that YOU I'm guessing, opposed. You seem more hostile to business than Obama is.

Obama is trying to pass financial reform to fix problems that caused the financial meltdown. How hostile to business was the financial meltdown? And you, I'm guessing, oppose financial reform.
So why is Obama letting the Bush tax cuts expire?

Those tax cuts didn't prevent the major recession we're either still in or just coming out of. What is their use, other than to add to the DEFICIT that people like you constantly complain about?
What? How can a tax cut add to the deficit?

They are fixing it by spending 6 months drilling a relief well. That is not a satisfactory fix.

Yes they are drilling a relief well.

According to the news last night they are also putting on a tighter cap. Hopefully this one will stop more of the leak.

This is a devastating and costly learning experience for all involved.

The relief well is not a satisfactory fix but a permanent fix with a good producing well. The well will be sealed in a couple of days. They have the new stack bolted in and will lower the new containment coupling either tonight or tommorrow. BP should be commended for a job well done in fixing the well when they TD at the intersection point at the original casing.

BP should be mocked for flagrant corner cutting and should be found criminally negligent for the shitty well x safety precautions.

He's so hostile, the Dow is up a measly 4,000 points since he took office.

Republicans have always been a friend to business. They helped all those businesses move overseas in search of cheap labor. They even apologized to BP. All that fuss over a little spill.

Republicans did such a terrific job with the economy after 8 years with Bush, you could hardly recognize it.
we are talking about private businesses here that will be effected by Obama's agenda. Was Bush wanting to shove healthcare down our throats and penalize citizens for not getting a plan when the majority of Americans oppose it? No. Did Bush want to put a tax like Cap and Trade on businesses that would put a burden on them? No. Why is Obama letting the Bush Tax cuts expire?

I'm assuming that Obama is letting the Bush tax cuts expire because Bush left the three trillion dollar cost of both wars out of his budgets. Why didn't the right ever complain about that?

Our current tax rate is the lowest in 50 years. Back, in the 50s and 60s, CEOs were making 30 times the salary of the average worker and the companies were growing. Now CEOs are making 300 to 400 times the average worker and the companies have moved overseas in search of cheap labor.

We had 8 years under a Republican administration and no Republican can name a single good thing that came out of it. Not one.

As far as health care goes, what company, that doesn't make anything, doesn't produce anything and yet, has 5 of the highest paid executives in the country, has two corporate jets and it's Board of Directors eat off gold plated plates using gold plated silver?

Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

And I just thought that was a great way to travel. It is a great way to travel. You're sitting in a luxurious corporate jet, leather seats, very spacious. And I was served my lunch by a flight attendant who brought my lunch on a gold-rimmed plate. And she handed me gold-plated silverware to eat it with. And then I remembered the people that I had seen in Wise County. Undoubtedly, they had no idea that this went on, at the corporate levels of health insurance companies.

------------------------------

The Republican party is such a mess.
RetardedDean.. thanks again!

Many then loved, and many now love, the TVA. Still, its existence and that of other government projects in this industry impeded general recovery.

Complete horse shit. My folks still live in Appalachia and they were completely helped by TVA. The great depression was not felt as much in that part of the country, as most folks there were pretty much self-sufficient - and already dirt poor, however, there were NO jobs. TVA supplied many thousands of men with jobs and brought electricity to even the most remote hollows. Also, my parents are in Tennessee and are still on TVA power also. Their power bill is 40% lower than mine which is supplied by the thieves at Con-Ed. Utilities should be non-profit. Private companies do not care about delivering service, but making profit. Period. Remember Enron? They wreaked havoc in California and ended up bilking something like 30 billion dollars out of them out of pure greed. Who do you think encouraged California to de-regulate? It was those very same vultures. And shrub aided and abetted the thievery, of course.

BP should be mocked for flagrant corner cutting and should be found criminally negligent for the shitty well x safety precautions.

Yeah.... mkay. POWER TO THE PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

I have little doubt your unaware of the safety measures they skipped, racist in nola

Racist? LOL!!!! That's it? Always with the race card.... you are fucking joke.

Sorry.. how is this racist? Do you even now what racist means? How old are you?

wow, ever heard of competition. Make utilities non profit and cost will soar. Service will take a back seat to employee longevity.

The relief well is not a satisfactory fix but a permanent fix with a good producing well. The well will be sealed in a couple of days. They have the new stack bolted in and will lower the new containment coupling either tonight or tommorrow. BP should be commended for a job well done in fixing the well when they TD at the intersection point at the original casing.

I am stunned the way some people can talk about this oil spill as if nothing really happened down there.

I am stunned the way some people can talk about this oil spill as if nothing really happened down there.

There's an oil spill?

I have little doubt your unaware of the safety measures they skipped, racist in nola

the statement itself is not racist you are

the statement itself is not racist you are

You don't even know what the word means, do you? Wow...

Forum List

Back