Palin Attacks: Obama's Hostility to Business is Preventing Job Creation

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
This is the best attack yet and she delivers on a grand scale the damage that Obama is doing to this nation. I was amazed at how articulate she came across in laying the foundation with common sense of how detrimental Obama and his policies are to the United States, it's businesses and workers who desperately need to work and make ends meet. I agree what she says about Obama lacking in understanding how businesses operate and making a payroll because of his lack of experience in a executive position in hiring and making on a budget necessary to be operable. She makes great outstanding points, which I believe is true, when she says he is using the BP Spill as a move to get his Cap & Trade ( I say Tax) passed that will put more strain on the American taxpaying consumers . Watch your next president go on the attack on this incompetent constitutionally ineligible President and his agenda.

Scroll down to 2nd video to watch this scathing attack by her:
Conservatives4Palin.com: Governor Palin: Uncertainty Created by Obama's Hostility to Business is Preventing Job Creation

This is the best attack yet and she delivers on a grand scale the damage that Obama is doing to this nation. I was amazed at how articulate she came across in laying the foundation with common sense of how detrimental Obama and his policies are to the United States, it's businesses and workers who desperately need to work and make ends meet. I agree what she says about Obama lacking in understanding how businesses operate and making a payroll because of his lack of experience in a executive position in hiring and making on a budget necessary to be operable. She makes great outstanding points, which I believe is true, when she says he is using the BP Spill as a move to get his Cap & Trade ( I say Tax) passed that will put more strain on the American taxpaying consumers . Watch your next president go on the attack on this incompetent constitutionally ineligible President and his agenda.

Conservatives4Palin.com: Governor Palin: Uncertainty Created by Obama's Hostility to Business is Preventing Job Creation

Nice...

Along the same line, another Progressive also used his great knowledge of business to emasculate the utilities industry:

This is what happened in the 1930s to the Internet equivalent of that era, the utilities industry.

In the 1920s, innovating utilities were providing power to millions. Wiring cities was easy. But much of the South and farms remained without power. "The South is tired of living in the dark," went the line.

So in the late 1920s venture capitalists and innovators put together a company that would get power lines, miles and miles of wire, to even the most remote of areas. They listed it on stock exchanges in search of the extensive funds needed for such a venture. The name of their company was Commonwealth & Southern. It was an exciting prospect because people loved electricity then as much as they do iPhones today. In all but the worst of years Americans used more and more electricity, for radios, for stoves, and for work.

Then came the New Deal.
Franklin Roosevelt wanted to spur the troubled Tennessee Valley, and thought government might play a role. He created the Tennessee Valley Authority, a chain of dams that would pump hydropower to towns.

FDR also accused the private companies of gouging. The president viewed the government involvement in utilities in the same way as President Obama views the new government role in health insurance. His TVA prices, he said, would be a "yardstick" against which to measure the extent of private sector profiteering.

As Commonwealth & Southern discovered, the TVA proved more than a yardstick. Its tax-free status as a government authority let the TVA charge prices so low C&S couldn't compete. In addition, the federal government helped the TVA win customers with legal bribes: they granted public works money to municipalities that opted to use government power. Towns like Knoxville and Chattanooga, for example, received federal funds for distribution centers and power stations.

As if that weren't enough, the New Dealers created the Rural Electrification Administration, which competed directly with Commonwealth & Southern to capture new territories. In 1935, Roosevelt pushed for and signed legislation that so constrained Commonwealth & Southern's ability to raise capital that the 1935 law won the nickname "Death Sentence." By the end of the decade the TVA ruled in the South. Its head, David Lilienthal, was buying up components of a fatally wounded Commonwealth & Southern.

Many then loved, and many now love, the TVA. Still, its existence and that of other government projects in this industry impeded general recovery.
Opinion: Is Obama Spurring Growth, or Knocking it Down?

He's so hostile, the Dow is up a measly 4,000 points since he took office.

Republicans have always been a friend to business. They helped all those businesses move overseas in search of cheap labor. They even apologized to BP. All that fuss over a little spill.

Republicans did such a terrific job with the economy after 8 years with Bush, you could hardly recognize it.

• Banned

Republicans have always been a friend to business. They helped all those businesses move overseas in search of cheap labor. They even apologized to BP. All that fuss over a little spill.

Republicans did such a terrific job with the economy after 8 years with Bush, you could hardly recognize it.
we are talking about private businesses here that will be effected by Obama's agenda. Was Bush wanting to shove healthcare down our throats and penalize citizens for not getting a plan when the majority of Americans oppose it? No. Did Bush want to put a tax like Cap and Trade on businesses that would put a burden on them? No. Why is Obama letting the Bush Tax cuts expire?

Last edited:
this is why we need someone much younger and vital in the white house, like sarah palin. obama's a hack, he looks worn out. he's just not funny or cute anymore. is it a big surprise when a person with no experience at anything strikes out at the plate everytime. the military thinks he's a joke. and he is now this ridiculous looking political clown, on the world stage, poser... he should just resign now. well... he's almost gone.... thank god

we are talking about private businesses here that will be effected by Obama's agenda. Was Bush wanting to shove healthcare down our throats and penalize citizens for not getting a plan when the majority of Americans oppose it? No. Did Bush want to put a tax like Cap and Trade on businesses that would put a burden on them? No. Why is Obama letting the Bush Tax cuts expire?

I'm assuming that Obama is letting the Bush tax cuts expire because Bush left the three trillion dollar cost of both wars out of his budgets. Why didn't the right ever complain about that?

Our current tax rate is the lowest in 50 years. Back, in the 50s and 60s, CEOs were making 30 times the salary of the average worker and the companies were growing. Now CEOs are making 300 to 400 times the average worker and the companies have moved overseas in search of cheap labor.

We had 8 years under a Republican administration and no Republican can name a single good thing that came out of it. Not one.

As far as health care goes, what company, that doesn't make anything, doesn't produce anything and yet, has 5 of the highest paid executives in the country, has two corporate jets and it's Board of Directors eat off gold plated plates using gold plated silver?

Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

And I just thought that was a great way to travel. It is a great way to travel. You're sitting in a luxurious corporate jet, leather seats, very spacious. And I was served my lunch by a flight attendant who brought my lunch on a gold-rimmed plate. And she handed me gold-plated silverware to eat it with. And then I remembered the people that I had seen in Wise County. Undoubtedly, they had no idea that this went on, at the corporate levels of health insurance companies.

------------------------------

The Republican party is such a mess.

The latest rightwing myth. They tried to convince us that Clinton was anti-business too, and the stock market went up 200% over the course of his presidency.

Stock market is LOWER for the eight disastrous years of Bush, and not a peep of 'Bush is anti-business!!' do you hear.

Sarah Palin's single most significant act, in the area of government's relationship to business, in her brief tenure as governor,

was to impose a windfall profits tax on Alaska oil producers,

and she's calling Obama the one who's anti-business??!! lolol

I guess if he raised business taxes then she'd cheer him for pursuing the Palin model for being pro-business...

...Palin fans are quite possibly even more stupid than she is.

In fact, I've yet to hear a Palin fan deny that.:lol:

Sarah Palin's single most significant act, in the area of government's relationship to business, in her brief tenure as governor,

I guess if he raised business taxes then she'd cheer him for pursuing the Palin model for being pro-business...

not true.. and calling someone stupid isn't necessarily a virtue in a candidate's quiver

Last edited:

not true.. and calling someone stupid isn't necessarily a virtue in a candidate's quiver

What's not true? That she didn't impose a windfall profits tax on oil?

Very interesting column.

An excerpt:
___

There are two related reasons for this. The first is the growing perception among those who run businesses that the Obama Administration is simply hostile to business and free markets. They look at Obama's nationalization of the student loan program, GM, Chrysler, banks, and myriad other examples of Obama's open hostility to free-market capitalism. The perception among business owners, large and small, is that Obama thinks he has ultimate authority over how they run their firm and how much money, if any, they are permitted to earn. The other day billionaire publishing and real estate tycoon Mortimer Zuckerman, whose political contributions mainly flow to Democrats, took Obama to task for the dismal business outlook his policies and rhetoric have created. Speaking to the usual Obama acolytes on MSNBC's Morning Joe, he referred to the Obama Administration as "the most hostile administration to business, and the role of business, that we've had in decades":

The latest rightwing myth. They tried to convince us that Clinton was anti-business too, and the stock market went up 200% over the course of his presidency.

Stock market is LOWER for the eight disastrous years of Bush, and not a peep of 'Bush is anti-business!!' do you hear.
Who has been in charge now for the last 3 1/2 years and no sign of progress?

Nice...

Along the same line, another Progressive also used his great knowledge of business to emasculate the utilities industry:

This is what happened in the 1930s to the Internet equivalent of that era, the utilities industry.

In the 1920s, innovating utilities were providing power to millions. Wiring cities was easy. But much of the South and farms remained without power. "The South is tired of living in the dark," went the line.

So in the late 1920s venture capitalists and innovators put together a company that would get power lines, miles and miles of wire, to even the most remote of areas. They listed it on stock exchanges in search of the extensive funds needed for such a venture. The name of their company was Commonwealth & Southern. It was an exciting prospect because people loved electricity then as much as they do iPhones today. In all but the worst of years Americans used more and more electricity, for radios, for stoves, and for work.

Then came the New Deal.
Franklin Roosevelt wanted to spur the troubled Tennessee Valley, and thought government might play a role. He created the Tennessee Valley Authority, a chain of dams that would pump hydropower to towns.

FDR also accused the private companies of gouging. The president viewed the government involvement in utilities in the same way as President Obama views the new government role in health insurance. His TVA prices, he said, would be a "yardstick" against which to measure the extent of private sector profiteering.

As Commonwealth & Southern discovered, the TVA proved more than a yardstick. Its tax-free status as a government authority let the TVA charge prices so low C&S couldn't compete. In addition, the federal government helped the TVA win customers with legal bribes: they granted public works money to municipalities that opted to use government power. Towns like Knoxville and Chattanooga, for example, received federal funds for distribution centers and power stations.

As if that weren't enough, the New Dealers created the Rural Electrification Administration, which competed directly with Commonwealth & Southern to capture new territories. In 1935, Roosevelt pushed for and signed legislation that so constrained Commonwealth & Southern's ability to raise capital that the 1935 law won the nickname "Death Sentence." By the end of the decade the TVA ruled in the South. Its head, David Lilienthal, was buying up components of a fatally wounded Commonwealth & Southern.

Many then loved, and many now love, the TVA. Still, its existence and that of other government projects in this industry impeded general recovery.
Opinion: Is Obama Spurring Growth, or Knocking it Down?

What venture capitalist would put their $$ into running power to rural areas in the Great Depression where there is NO $$$ to pay for the power? LOL.
Let me know where you live and I can suggest a community college that teaches basic economics 101.
You folks do not have a clue how capitalism works.

Here we have the Obama Democrats' jobless "recovery" where over a trillion dollars have been wasted, and a consistent attack against the free markets and small business waged...

employment-us-2007-now.jpg

And here we have the conservative run Canadian pro-business economy, where the corporate tax rates have been slashed. Canada now has recovered ALL the jobs it lost during the recession already, and will be running a budget surplus in the near future.

employment-ca-2007-now.jpg

Sarah Palin is the biggest redistributor of wealth in the country. Each citizen of Alaska gets a check from that oil tax.
You betcha!

Here we have the Obama Democrats' jobless "recovery" where over a trillion dollars have been wasted, and a consistent attack against the free markets and small business waged...

employment-us-2007-now.jpg

And here we have the conservative run Canadian pro-business economy, where the corporate tax rates have been slashed. Canada now has recovered ALL the jobs it lost during the recession already, and will be running a budget surplus in the near future.

employment-ca-2007-now.jpg
____

And I believe the conservative party in Canada is also working toward reducing the cost of their national healthcare program as well.

The wealthy Canadians have long enjoyed private funded insurance policies already - or simply pay in cash and avoid the government run services which are long waits and too often reduced quality overall.

A fascinating role reversal with our North American friends...

Sarah Palin is the biggest redistributor of wealth in the country. Each citizen of Alaska gets a check from that oil tax.
You betcha!
That is because they have enough revenue collected from royalties.

I would not vote for Obama for dog catcher but in Georgia Republicans have been far worse for business.
Under Obama my business is still thriving. What business has suffered as a result of Obama vs. Bush?
Specifics please.

Forum List

Back