Palestinians test tactic of unarmed mass marches

Palestinian activists are calling it a preview of new tactics to pressure Israel and win world support for statehood: Masses of marchers, galvanized by the Arab Spring and brought together by Facebook, descending on borders and military posts — and daring Israeli soldiers to shoot.
And if finding a joo home on the way - murdering its inhabitants, of course. But I digress. Masses of marchers, descending on borders and military posts and daring Israeli soldiers to shoot may invite a meeting with mass-response contraptions that those Masses of dumbass misfits won't like at all, que arab "international law" babble.

What's a "Joo"?

Its like a "poo" but with a j...I think :eusa_eh:

Palestinian activists are calling it a preview of new tactics to pressure Israel and win world support for statehood: Masses of marchers, galvanized by the Arab Spring and brought together by Facebook, descending on borders and military posts — and daring Israeli soldiers to shoot.
And if finding a joo home on the way - murdering its inhabitants, of course. But I digress. Masses of marchers, descending on borders and military posts and daring Israeli soldiers to shoot may invite a meeting with mass-response contraptions that those Masses of dumbass misfits won't like at all, que arab "international law" babble.
What's a "Joo"?
Is it a popular RFC?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with no violent protest and frankly have been waiting on something like this for what seems like decades....but alas, its not new at all, its new for them.

And it will not last, the hardliners will never ever take a back seat to this, not for long.

They will crush and kill, any moderating influences in their midst, like clockwork and this will die on the vine sadly.

These "protest" were put together by the Syrian government, they want to divert attention off of all the people they are killing in the streets... probably thousands, but PF the idiot doesn't care about those people. Lets reverse this situation lets say the Jews were doing the same against the arabs, 15 people killed? I think they'd mow through 100s as they do with their own people.

What's a "Joo"?
Its like a "poo" but with a j...I think
Oh, rectal arab humor!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with no violent protest and frankly have been waiting on something like this for what seems like decades....but alas, its not new at all, its new for them.

And it will not last, the hardliners will never ever take a back seat to this, not for long.

They will crush and kill, any moderating influences in their midst, like clockwork and this will die on the vine sadly.

These "protest" were put together by the Syrian government, they want to divert attention off of all the people they are killing in the streets... probably thousands, but PF the idiot doesn't care about those people. Lets reverse this situation lets say the Jews were doing the same against the arabs, 15 people killed? I think they'd mow through 100s as they do with their own people.

These "protest" were put together by the Syrian government,

Sure there were protests in Syria. But, they were also in Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, the West Bank, and Gaza.

That Syria thing smells like propaganda.

All it takes is one idiot to blow himself up and this all goes to hell.

The Palestinians stopped suicide bombing years ago and Hamas has been doing serious arm twisting to stop all rockets. Firing rockets is not illegal so they can't just arrest people.

there goes one of those approved 'factions'.....

I know there have been marches before but for some reason this one got a lot more press.'Arab" spring etc. *shrugs*

In any event as I said, fine by me, they could garner a great deal more goodwill if they did more of this constructively , however trashing checkpoints and roadblocks won't get it either.

who are the hardliners? I'll answer it this way, its anyone who isn't a moderate, or non interested, in short 99% of the leadership. which is all that counts in the end sadly.

The Palestinians stopped suicide bombing years ago and Hamas has been doing serious arm twisting to stop all rockets. Firing rockets is not illegal so they can't just arrest people.

I am sorry but thats a hoot, they have lost their traditional avenues that made suicide bombing viable......and as far as the rockets, please huh. firing rockets into civilian areas is not illegal?

I am sorry but thats a hoot, they have lost their traditional avenues that made suicide bombing viable......and as far as the rockets, please huh. firing rockets into civilian areas is not illegal?

The Goldstone report suggested that Hamas violated international law. Why isn't Israel jumping at the chance to see Hamas in front of the world court?

Firing rockets into Israeli settlements is not illegal. Why do you think there are no more settlements in Gaza?

The Goldstone report suggested that Hamas violated international law. Why isn't Israel jumping at the chance to see Hamas in front of the world court?
Because hamas is a non-government, of course.
Firing rockets into Israeli settlements is not illegal. Why do you think there are no more settlements in Gaza?
So as not to cause friendly fire accidents when returning a favour to palistanian settlements?

RAMALLAH, West Bank – Palestinian activists are calling it a preview of new tactics to pressure Israel and win world support for statehood: Masses of marchers, galvanized by the Arab Spring and brought together by Facebook, descending on borders and military posts — and daring Israeli soldiers to shoot.

It could prove more problematic for Israel than the suicide bombings and other deadly violence of the past — which the current Palestinian Authority leadership feels only tainted their cause.

After attempted border breaches from Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Gaza left 15 Palestinians dead Sunday, Israeli officials openly puzzled over how to handle an unfamiliar new phase.

"The Palestinians' transition from terrorism and suicide bombings to deliberately unarmed mass demonstrations is a transition that will present us with difficult challenges," said Defense Minister Ehud Barak.

"There is a new energy, a new dynamism," said Hanan Ashrawi, a former Palestinian negotiator. "The Palestinians feel they have put themselves on the map again."

Sunday's marches occurred on the day Palestinians mourn Israel's 1948 creation, when hundreds of thousands of their people were uprooted and scattered throughout the region.

Marking the anniversary, called the "nakba," Arabic for "catastrophe," Palestinian organizers bused hundreds to Lebanon's border with Israel and to the Syrian frontier in the Israeli-held Golan Heights. Surprised and overwhelmed, Israeli troops fired to keep the crowds from breaching the borders. Four Palestinians were killed in the Golan and 10 in Lebanon, while a 15th was fatally shot as dozens rushed Israel's border wall with the Gaza Strip.

Ex-general Yossi Peled, who commanded Israeli troops on the Lebanese and Syrian borders, said border breaches will likely be attempted again and must be stopped at any cost — regardless of the political fallout — because they pose a direct challenge to Israel's sovereignty.

"Yesterday's promo leaves us little time to draw the conclusions and come up with a new method of warfare where Israel will confront unarmed civilians, children and women," he said.

Palestinians test tactic of unarmed mass marches - Yahoo! News

If the Palestinians had had a GHANDI to follow they'd have won their cause for freedom and civil liberties decades ago.

They started down that route, I think in the late 50s early 60's, but didn't keep it up.

Instead the PLO started blowing up school buses and lost any hope of the world community getting behind them.

Last edited:
RAMALLAH, West Bank – Palestinian activists are calling it a preview of new tactics to pressure Israel and win world support for statehood: Masses of marchers, galvanized by the Arab Spring and brought together by Facebook, descending on borders and military posts — and daring Israeli soldiers to shoot.

It could prove more problematic for Israel than the suicide bombings and other deadly violence of the past — which the current Palestinian Authority leadership feels only tainted their cause.

After attempted border breaches from Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Gaza left 15 Palestinians dead Sunday, Israeli officials openly puzzled over how to handle an unfamiliar new phase.

"The Palestinians' transition from terrorism and suicide bombings to deliberately unarmed mass demonstrations is a transition that will present us with difficult challenges," said Defense Minister Ehud Barak.

"There is a new energy, a new dynamism," said Hanan Ashrawi, a former Palestinian negotiator. "The Palestinians feel they have put themselves on the map again."

Sunday's marches occurred on the day Palestinians mourn Israel's 1948 creation, when hundreds of thousands of their people were uprooted and scattered throughout the region.

Marking the anniversary, called the "nakba," Arabic for "catastrophe," Palestinian organizers bused hundreds to Lebanon's border with Israel and to the Syrian frontier in the Israeli-held Golan Heights. Surprised and overwhelmed, Israeli troops fired to keep the crowds from breaching the borders. Four Palestinians were killed in the Golan and 10 in Lebanon, while a 15th was fatally shot as dozens rushed Israel's border wall with the Gaza Strip.

Ex-general Yossi Peled, who commanded Israeli troops on the Lebanese and Syrian borders, said border breaches will likely be attempted again and must be stopped at any cost — regardless of the political fallout — because they pose a direct challenge to Israel's sovereignty.

"Yesterday's promo leaves us little time to draw the conclusions and come up with a new method of warfare where Israel will confront unarmed civilians, children and women," he said.

If the Palestinians had had a GHANDI to follow they'd have won their cause for freedom and civil liberties decades ago.

They started down that route, I think in the late 50s early 60's, but didn't keep it up.

Instead the PLO started blowing up school buses and lost any hope of the world community getting behind them.

There have been many Ghandis in Palestine. Many are sitting in Israeli prisons. You never hear about them because all the lame stream media outlets report from Israel. Peace activists are off message from the demonization of Palestinians and do not get reported.

A peace activist ran against Abbas in 2005. Abbas was Israel's favored candidate. Israel and the US sold Abbas to the Palestinians as a man who would bring peace. Israel allowed him to travel freely to campaign. The peace candidate, however, was detained, beaten and arrested. He suffered a broken knee in one of these beatings. He still received 20% of the vote but no word about him in the news.

Ghandi's tactics require an audience. Without any news coverage, they are only preaching to the quire. Completely useless.

Last edited:

There have been many Ghandis in Palestine. Many are sitting in Israeli prisons. You never hear about them because all the lame stream media outlets report from Israel. Peace activists are off message from the demonization of Palestinians and do not get reported.

A peace activist ran against Abbas in 2005. Abbas was Israel's favored candidate. Israel and the US sold Abbas to the Palestinians as a man who would bring peace. Israel allowed him to travel freely to campaign. The peace candidate, however, was detained, beaten and arrested. He suffered a broken knee in one of these beatings. He still received 20% of the vote but no word about him in the news.

Ghandi's tactics require an audience. Without any news coverage, they are only preaching to the quire. Completely useless.

that whole response is disingenuous to a very high degree......I simply refuse to believe you don't know better...so you want to land and meet reality or?

Firing rockets into Israeli settlements is not illegal.
Why do you think there are no more settlements in Gaza?

well, I'll remember that next time we watch a you tube of an Israeli gunship taking out a Mortar that was set up next to a school.....I'll try to feign concern as you tell me what an outrage it is and I'll tell you breezily thats why there are no Nobel prize winners from Gaza.........

Last edited:

that whole response is disingenuous to a very high degree......I simply refuse to believe you don't know better...so you want to land and meet reality or?

Really? What did I say that is not true?

I think it would be good if these peaceful marches led to tangible progress towards a Palestine state. Not because I have a dog in the hunt, but because I think it would reinforce the message that peaceful demonstrations, not terrorism, wins out in the end.

Forum List

Back