Palestinians Burn Shelters In Egypt

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Let's hurry to the peace table, they really mean it this time:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071231/ap_on_re_mi_ea/egypt_gaza_pilgrims

Stranded Palestinians set fire to camps

By ASHRAF SWEILAM, Associated Press Writer2 hours, 36 minutes ago

More than a thousand Palestinian pilgrims set fire on Monday to temporary camps set up by the Egyptian government to house them until a dispute over how they will return to the Gaza Strip is resolved.

The Palestinians arrived by bus at 11 temporary camps in the Sinai outside the Mediterranean coastal city of el-Arish on Sunday but refused to occupy them, protesting Egypt's attempts to have them return to Gaza through the Israeli-controlled Aouja border crossing.

As they rampaged Monday, the pilgrims shouted angry slogans against Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and his government for not allowing them to cross into Gaza through Rafah, where Israel has no control.

A large number of riot police responded by surrounding the pilgrims and securing the area, as firefighters attempted to put out the blaze. Several Palestinian women fainted from the fire's heavy black smoke and were taken to El-Arish hospital.

The pilgrims include at least 10 well-known figures from the radical Islamic group Hamas — including Khalil al-Haya, a leader of the group — who fear Israel will arrest them if they cross through Aouja.

Kinda like certain people in the US that riot in their own neighborhoods burning the stores they shop at and the cars they drive. Then complain afterwards that they have no cars or food stores.

Never understood that mentality, myself. If I'm THAT pissed, I'm burning YOUR hut down, not mine.:badgrin:

Never understood that mentality, myself. If I'm THAT pissed, I'm burning YOUR hut down, not mine.:badgrin:

Well I can explain some of the lack of that happening, The "other" guys tend to be armed and willing to "defend" their property. Plus the MOB won't quite fit in in the other neighborhood so no claims of' "What, me? I didn't do anything."

hey, it got your attention in the 60s when a racist status quo was alright with most of the US... ditto after the rodney king verdict. Than again, since we're talking about pals let's go ahead and ignore similar historic occurances that illustrate the exact same disenfranchised frustration.. Hell,

EL-ARISH, Egypt - Palestinian pilgrims broke windows and set mattresses ablaze at temporary camps in Egypt Monday as relatives rallied across the border in Gaza, demanding their kin be allowed to return through a crossing controlled by Hamas.
ADVERTISEMENT

The pilgrims, who are returning from the hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia and include some Hamas militants, have rejected Egypt's demands that they enter Gaza through the Israeli-controlled Aouja border crossing.

They want to return through Rafah, a direct crossing between Gaza and Egypt where Israel has no control

SHOCKING that people respond to being herded... I'm REELING from astonishment!

hey, it got your attention in the 60s when a racist status quo was alright with most of the US... ditto after the rodney king verdict. Than again, since we're talking about pals let's go ahead and ignore similar historic occurances that illustrate the exact same disenfranchised frustration.. Hell,

EL-ARISH, Egypt - Palestinian pilgrims broke windows and set mattresses ablaze at temporary camps in Egypt Monday as relatives rallied across the border in Gaza, demanding their kin be allowed to return through a crossing controlled by Hamas.
ADVERTISEMENT

The pilgrims, who are returning from the hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia and include some Hamas militants, have rejected Egypt's demands that they enter Gaza through the Israeli-controlled Aouja border crossing.

They want to return through Rafah, a direct crossing between Gaza and Egypt where Israel has no control

Shocking that they think THEY get to tell a soveriegn Nation what it will and will not do, one that is not even THEIR Nation.

indeed, the GAL of black bastards telling a nation that they refuse to drink from colored only water fountains and black only pools! What balls that must have taken!

And, speaking of punching a gift horse in the mouth, at least the smallpox blankets kept those fucking savages WARM!

I tellya... why WOULDNT anyone enjoy being caught up like a bunch of goats in a cage after a pilgrimage to SAUDI ARABIA? Hell, Look at us! We catch one mexican criminal in the US and we shut the fucking border down and throw all of our latinos in tents too! oh wait... no we dont. duh, silly me.

I'm POSITIVE you'd speak the same words about the authority of a soverign nation were it Iran herding jews like cattle instead of our rendition buddy Egypt acting on behalf of israel to fuck with pals, eh? Gosh, now why on EARTH would the mid eastern muslim population be thinking negativley about jews and the enabling west??

indeed, the GAL of black bastards telling a nation that they refuse to drink from colored only water fountains and black only pools! What balls that must have taken!

And, speaking of punching a gift horse in the mouth, at least the smallpox blankets kept those fucking savages WARM!

I tellya... why WOULDNT anyone enjoy being caught up like a bunch of goats in a cage after a pilgrimage to SAUDI ARABIA? Hell, Look at us! We catch one mexican criminal in the US and we shut the fucking border down and throw all of our latinos in tents too! oh wait... no we dont. duh, silly me.

I'm POSITIVE you'd speak the same words about the authority of a soverign nation were it Iran herding jews like cattle instead of our rendition buddy Egypt acting on behalf of israel to fuck with pals, eh? Gosh, now why on EARTH would the mid eastern muslim population be thinking negativley about jews and the enabling west??

Ahh so Egypt is just a pawn of those damn Jews......

Indeed, it certainly appears OTHERWISE by the virtue of the tenants of this story, doesn't it?

Gosh, how else would one interpret:

The standoff is the latest conflict over efforts by Egypt, Israel and the Palestinian Authority to isolate the Gaza Strip, which Hamas took over in June. Israel fears that if the pilgrims return through Rafah, Hamas members and smuggled cash could slip through.

Yup.. clearly this refusal to comply like sheep is overt hatred of jews manifesting itself in a collective palestinian EVIL... surely they should have forgotten, by now, that democracy works even if israel invalidated the election results and installed what amounts to a puppet pal authority... Clearly every one of those dirty bastards should pay for israels FEAR. After all, grinding ethnicities under the boot heel of paranoia is what ALL good western nations do!

:eusa_doh:

Indeed, it certainly appears OTHERWISE by the virtue of the tenants of this story, doesn't it?

Gosh, how else would one interpret:

The standoff is the latest conflict over efforts by Egypt, Israel and the Palestinian Authority to isolate the Gaza Strip, which Hamas took over in June. Israel fears that if the pilgrims return through Rafah, Hamas members and smuggled cash could slip through.

Yup.. clearly this refusal to comply like sheep is overt hatred of jews manifesting itself in a collective palestinian EVIL... surely they should have forgotten, by now, that democracy works even if israel invalidated the election results and installed what amounts to a puppet pal authority... Clearly every one of those dirty bastards should pay for israels FEAR. After all, grinding ethnicities under the boot heel of paranoia is what ALL good western nations do!

:eusa_doh:

What? That they wish to enter through unpatrolled areas? Israel should just say, 'sure'?

is israel all of a sudden the keeper of palestinian travel now? What israeli office should the palestinian travel authority report to?

Holy shit, should they start wearing their version of yellow stars of david now? at what point does israel have jurisdiction on a trek between PALESTINE and SAUDI ARABIA? Further can you accept the marginalization of the entire population of pilgrims over the supposed actions of what may or may not be a few? Do we, as a western nation, round up OUR arabs post-911? it's harassment that jews and americans would not tolerate. why should pals be any different?

is israel all of a sudden the keeper of palestinian travel now? What israeli office should the palestinian travel authority report to?

Holy shit, should they start wearing their version of yellow stars of david now? at what point does israel have jurisdiction on a trek between PALESTINE and SAUDI ARABIA? Further can you accept the marginalization of the entire population of pilgrims over the supposed actions of what may or may not be a few? Do we, as a western nation, round up OUR arabs post-911? it's harassment that jews and americans would not tolerate. why should pals be any different?

Seriously dude, travel matters when dealing with suicide bombers.

They aren't citizens of Israel. And if they stop trying to blow it up, they can travel to their heart's content.

I know you like the idea of dead jews and palestinians taking over Israel, I say too bad. I don't think Jews will die for your happiness.

I await your next tirade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah it got my attention. All I could think was "How stupid."

Your comparisons always come up the same ... when you lose or side with a loser, you exist at the whim of the winner. The history of the world has been dictated by those rules until relatively recently.

Frustration? Yeah it sucks to suffer the consequences of one's actions/inactions. Mesopotamia was subjugated by the Ottoman Empire; which, chose the losing side in a war.

Seriously dude, travel matters when dealing with suicide bombers.

Is that what WE, an actual western nation, tell our arab looking airplane passengers? I seem to recall the same mentallity with Japs during ww2..

Thats probably because not all pals are not suicide bombers just like not all japs in America sided with the Emporer, eh?

Gotcha.

Israel is not the personal police of pals. I don't care what excuse du jour is fashionable in this race to blank check israel. Good grief, if ANY other ethnic population besides mexicans and muslims were to have this kind of shit handed to them we'd have called it a humanitarian crisis a decade ago.

Is that what WE, an actual western nation, tell our arab looking airplane passengers? I seem to recall the same mentallity with Japs during ww2..

Thats probably because not all pals are not suicide bombers just like not all japs in America sided with the Emporer, eh?

Gotcha.

Israel is not the personal police of pals. I don't care what excuse du jour is fashionable in this race to blank check israel. Good grief, if ANY other ethnic population besides mexicans and muslims were to have this kind of shit handed to them we'd have called it a humanitarian crisis a decade ago.
Gee, Israel doesn't want them entering in where not prepared. Egypt is the one their beef is with. I guess that's why they burnt their own housing. :eusa_whistle: :cool:

They aren't citizens of Israel. And if they stop trying to blow it up, they can travel to their heart's content.

I know you like the idea of dead jews and palestinians taking over Israel, I say too bad. I don't think Jews will die for your happiness.

I await your next tirade.

riiight.. because im the big evil jew hating antisemite, right jill? Funny how that same hand always gets played when you refuse to think about the things you allow israel to do inthe name of zionism.

*yawn*

your simple mind bores me. Im starting to find it hard to believe that you are an actual lawyer. After all, if what you've shown on this board is your capacity to prove a point then you must have your ass handed to you in the courtroom all the time.

Take your pet nation back to europe and stop making excuses for racism just because you are part of the ethnicity holding the upper hand. It's not jews that I hate; It's apathetic pussies with no desire to be consistent with their standard when it comes to applying such to the team jersey they sport. But, if thinking as much keep you from having to question the burning bush righteousness of your self-subscribed chosen status then so be it. Just remember, IM not the one facilitating racism for the sake of an ETHNICALLY PURE nation. Call me the racist until your lungs explode but that won't make the facts of our positions any less true.

lawyer my ass.

Gee, Israel doesn't want them entering in where not prepared. Egypt is the one their beef is with. I guess that's why they burnt their own housing. :eusa_whistle: :cool:

Gee... letting pals cross a border between EGYPT and PALESTINIAN LAND sure is CRAZY. Shall I post a map, Kath? Do you want to see that and tell me how, EXACTLY, israel has any jurisdiction between the border of the Gaza Strip and EGYPT? Oh, besides having total control over an ethnic population to terrorize into a reaction that makes a GREAT excuse to perpetuate israeli double standards...

So, when will China get to come in and decide if Americans can travel between the US and Mexico? Or, banish the thought, is israel just special that way?

Gee... letting pals cross a border between EGYPT and PALESTINIAN LAND sure is CRAZY. Shall I post a map, Kath? Do you want to see that and tell me how, EXACTLY, israel has any jurisdiction between the border of the Gaza Strip and EGYPT? Oh, besides having total control over an ethnic population to terrorize into a reaction that makes a GREAT excuse to perpetuate israeli double standards...

So, when will China get to come in and decide if Americans can travel between the US and Mexico? Or, banish the thought, is israel just special that way?

Gee Sho, how many weapons has Egypt confiscated there? Are you saying the Egyptians are pro-Israeli? Get a grip, man.

Forum List

Back