Palestinians arrested in Fogel family massacre

Oh give me a freeking break!
what is it that makes you believe those conducting the investigation are beyond reproach?

What makes YOU automatically question Isreal?????

How about you answer that!

there's motive. and there's history. factor in the public pressure and suddenly this begins to look like a murder investigation in the south pre-civil rights.

find the nearest black guy (palestinian) and peg it on him so everyone can feel safe again.

i'm not saying they're innocent. they may well be guilty as sin. i'm just saying we should perhaps be a little wary of any such arrest in such a high profile murder.

Well,

Have fun with that OK?

Laters :cuckoo:

you know as well as i do that there were many here (likely including yourself) that believed it was a foregone conclusion that the murderers were palestinians, with no proof at all.

why is it so hard to believe that investigators may have acted with blinders on and caved to public pressure and found the scape goats they needed?

hell, it may even be them. probably is. but i'm not so naive as to believe everything the idf says when they have such a large dog in the fight.

CNN has it as well. The investigation is not over...

Arrests made in slaying of Israeli family in West Bank - CNN.com
"For the country, the fact that we promised and carried out the promise is witness to the fact that no such murder will ever leave our daily agenda," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday. "We will get to such murderers whereever they are. This expresses our obligation to the idea of justice and our security."

The IDF continues to search for more perpetrators of the killing of the Fogel family, an IDF spokesman said.

"The murders of five family members including a 3-month (old) baby constitute a crossing of all red lines," Lt. Col. Avital Leibovich said. "The IDF has invested in numerous operational and intelligence efforts, and has worked closely with other security forces in order to find those responsible for this vicious murder."

Not really sure what kind of conspiracy your looking for?

Them evil Jews are up to no good :eek:

i've never said that. but be honest - there was no way that this was going to be pinned on anyone other than some palestinian - guilty or otherwise.

History proves you wrong, as I believe P.F. Tinmore has posted about Israelis murdering other Israelis. Maybe you could provide for us the proof of your assertion by giving us stats that show 100 percent of Arrests for violence in Israel is done by Arabs?

First it was reported that Fatah claimed responsibility. Then it was hinted that it was Hamas. Now they are saying the PFLP. (A Christian organization, by the way)

Why would two teen agers murder a family? Why just one family? Why this family?

Do we have a motive here?

First it was reported that Fatah claimed responsibility. Then it was hinted that it was Hamas. Now they are saying the PFLP. (A Christian organization, by the way)

No. Not a sane one anyway.

No. Not a sane one anyway.

Good point. We are not seeing sanity here. I can see no justification for this. That is why I am curious as to why such an act would be contemplated.

I'll wait for the outcome of any trial before Lynching 'The main suspects'

NABLUS, (PIC)-- The Palestinians have rejected claims by Israeli invesigators after two Palestinian youths were accused of being behind the killing of a family of five Israeli settlers in the Itamar settlement southeast of the West Bank city of Nablus on March 11.

The Israeli claim lacks evidence for the accusations, said Qais Awad, the mayor of Awarta village, where the men were arrested and near where the Itamar village lies.

Police had cracked down on the village for longer than a month, arresting hundreds and searching nearly every home, in search of a clue to the killer. Private land was also confiscated and homes were destroyed during the raids.

Awad said the charges were placed to cover up the continued attacks police have made as they have placed the village in turmoil.

He hinted that the possibility remains that the Israeli forces that seized the village could have fabricated evidence and placed it at the crime scene. He called for the formation of a committee to investigate the charges.

A West Bank council head said that more settlements would be built in response to the killings.

Palestinians enraged after suspects accused in Itamar incident

A West Bank council head said that more settlements would be built in response to the killings.

Interesting.

NABLUS, (PIC)-- The Palestinians have rejected claims by Israeli invesigators after two Palestinian youths were accused of being behind the killing of a family of five Israeli settlers in the Itamar settlement southeast of the West Bank city of Nablus on March 11.

The Israeli claim lacks evidence for the accusations, said Qais Awad, the mayor of Awarta village, where the men were arrested and near where the Itamar village lies.

Police had cracked down on the village for longer than a month, arresting hundreds and searching nearly every home, in search of a clue to the killer. Private land was also confiscated and homes were destroyed during the raids.

Awad said the charges were placed to cover up the continued attacks police have made as they have placed the village in turmoil.

He hinted that the possibility remains that the Israeli forces that seized the village could have fabricated evidence and placed it at the crime scene. He called for the formation of a committee to investigate the charges.

Palestinians enraged after suspects accused in Itamar incident

Interesting.

Now are we taking bets as to who the Arab lovers will believe? No evidence of a cover up, no evidence of a conspiracy, but some Arabs claim there is so Unlike when the Israelis said these guys did it and we have people claiming conspiracy, this will be taken as gospel.

Next we will be told the accused were beaten and tortured to confess. And the same whackos will buy that hook line and sinker.

Remind us again Tinmore how you support the MURDER of children as long as the murderers are Arabs and the victims are Jews.

Them evil Jews are up to no good :eek:

i've never said that. but be honest - there was no way that this was going to be pinned on anyone other than some palestinian - guilty or otherwise.

History proves you wrong, as I believe P.F. Tinmore has posted about Israelis murdering other Israelis. Maybe you could provide for us the proof of your assertion by giving us stats that show 100 percent of Arrests for violence in Israel is done by Arabs?

you're misunderstanding me. i'm not saying that 100% of arrests are arabs, i'm saying in this case, with this murder and this publicity there really was no other outcome.

and i'm not even saying it was done intentionally or out of malice - just that there were likely blinders and pressure that led to the arrest.

you're misunderstanding me. i'm not saying that 100% of arrests are arabs, i'm saying in this case, with this murder and this publicity there really was no other outcome.

and i'm not even saying it was done intentionally or out of malice - just that there were likely blinders and pressure that led to the arrest.

Maybe true but there was also evidence and confessions. The trial and further investigation will tell the tale.

Maybe true but there was also evidence and confessions. The trial and further investigation will tell the tale.
only if one assumes the trial to be impartial.

again, i know it sounds conspiratorial - but i don't believe people would have accepted any other outcome than palestinians tried and convicted - and i also believe that those same people wouldn't much care which ones.

again, i know it sounds conspiratorial - but i don't believe people would have accepted any other outcome than palestinians tried and convicted - and i also believe that those same people wouldn't much care which ones.

I think you've jumped the shark here. It IS "conspiratorial" to assume not just that the cops got the wrong guys but intended to, their bosses were in on it, the courts are in on it, some of the general population is in on it and so on and so on.

Will it be Israelis disguised as Palestinians making hero's of suicide bombers and family murdering psychopaths next? Dancing in the streets, passing out candy? I admire a logical skeptic. There are even a few here at USMB and they should all take a step forward, alas as the saying goes, "not so fast" ogibillm. You just took a step back.

I think you've jumped the shark here. It IS "conspiratorial" to assume not just that the cops got the wrong guys but intended to, their bosses were in on it, the courts are in on it, some of the general population is in on it and so on and so on.

Will it be Israelis disguised as Palestinians making hero's of suicide bombers and family murdering psychopaths next? Dancing in the streets, passing out candy? I admire a logical skeptic. There are even a few here at USMB and they should all take a step forward, alas as the saying goes, "not so fast" ogibillm. You just took a step back.

well here's the thing - this isn't just a murder investigation. it's an investigation that has spurred more settlements. it's an investigation that has more than just justice riding on it.

and i'm not saying that everyone is in on it - what i am saying is that the people would not be satisfied without an arrest - that they likely wouldn't be satisfied if the person or persons arrested were not palestinian. and perhaps the investigators weren't purposefully going after the innocent, but they may have closed their minds off to any other possibility.

the two arrested men may well be guilty. but would it be the first time that a government has persecuted innocent people to appease its citizens and advance its causes?

none of us are naive enough to believe that such a scenario is impossible or even all that implausible, and that's why i believe that the israeli account of things (and the palestinian) should be taken with a grain of salt. there's just too much at stake.

Last edited:

well here's the thing - this isn't just a murder investigation. it's an investigation that has spurred more settlements. it's an investigation that has more than just justice riding on it.

and i'm not saying that everyone is in on it - what i am saying is that the people would not be satisfied without an arrest - that they likely wouldn't be satisfied if the person or persons arrested were not palestinian. and perhaps the investigators weren't purposefully going after the innocent, but they may have closed their minds off to any other possibility.

the two arrested men may well be guilty. but would it be the first time that a government has persecuted innocent people to appease its citizens and advance its causes?

none of us are naive enough to believe that such a scenario is impossible or even all that implausible, and that's why i believe that the israeli account of things (and the palestinian) should be taken with a grain of salt. there's just too much at stake.

The investigation did not spur the settlements, they were going to happen. Now if the murders inspired Israel to recommit to the settlements or move up their timetable to show that terrorism and intimidation will not work then more power to them. That is the correct response to terrorism.

I'm glad we live in a land of "innocent until proven guilty" rather than this throng of teeth-gnashing arab haters looking for some scrap of validation of their racism.

Forum List

Back