Palestinians arrested in Fogel family massacre

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
IDF: 2 Palestinians arrested in Fogel family massacre

Two Palestinian youths from the village of Awarta were arrested in recent days for the brutal slaying of five members of the Fogel family in their Itamar home last month, the IDF and Shin Bet said on Sunday following the lifting of a media ban on the investigation.

The suspects have been named as Hakim Maazan Niad Awad, an 18-year-old high school student, and Amjad Mahmud Fauzi Awad, 19, both from the West Bank village of Awarta, located 2 kilometers south of the settlement of Itamar.

The suspects have confessed to the stabbings and re-enacted the murders, security forces said on Sunday. According to Army Radio, they did not express remorse for their crimes.

Both men are affiliated with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PLFP) terror group and received significant assistance from family members and friends after the attack, security forces added.

:clap2:

More:

Power Line - Itamar Killers Caught

not to be all conspiratorial but was there ever really doubt that such an arrest would be made by the Israelis? was there any other possible outcome?

not to be all conspiratorial but was there ever really doubt that such an arrest would be made by the Israelis? was there any other possible outcome?

Well the Israelis stopping it in the first place would be a better option, but perhaps in lieu of peace they can find some justice for the family.

Other worse options would have included the perps walking away scott free.

Not really sure what kind of conspiracy your looking for?

Well the Israelis stopping it in the first place would be a better option, but perhaps in lieu of peace they can find some justice for the family.

i'm far from saying that those arrested were innocent - what i am saying is that there was never any doubt that there would be arrests of some palestinians. there was never any other possibility for the israeli authorities.

what i'm saying is can you imagine a scenario where those arrested turned out to be a crazy brother-in-law or pissed off neighbor? i can't. the israelis were always going to arrest a palestinian. end of story.

Last edited:
not to be all conspiratorial but was there ever really doubt that such an arrest would be made by the israelis? Was there any other possible outcome?

well the israelis stopping it in the first place would be a better option, but perhaps in lieu of peace they can find some justice for the family.

i'm far from saying that those arrested were innocent - what i am saying is that there was never any doubt that there would be arrests of some palestinians. There was never any other possibility for the israeli authorities.

ok

i'm far from saying that those arrested were innocent - what i am saying is that there was never any doubt that there would be arrests of some palestinians. there was never any other possibility for the israeli authorities.

Well.... what the Hell did you expect?

Palestinians did it.... should thy have arrested a jew or two?

Thats like stating there was no other outcome if someone stepped off a 16 story building, other than a loud splat.

DUUHHHHH.... :clap2:

I hope they fry the asshats who did it.

Last edited:

Well.... what the Hell did you expect?

Palestinians did it....

how do you know?
should thy have arrested a jew or two?
there was never any danger of that
Thats like stating there was no other outcome if someone stepped off a 16 story building, other than a loud splat.

DUUHHHHH.... :clap2:

i think you missed the point.

Them evil Jews are up to no good :eek:

i've never said that. but be honest - there was no way that this was going to be pinned on anyone other than some palestinian - guilty or otherwise.

Who commited the crime?

Looks loke they got their dirtbags.... hurray for Isreal :clap2:

again, how do you know?

i admit it sounds conspiratorial but you also have to admit that there was never any real possibility of an israeli being arrested for the crime.

the people wanted a palestinian. they got one.

No.... I dont think I did.

I think I just cut you off at the pass

:fu:

look i'm trying to be civil here. those arrested may very well be the perpetrators.

my only question, and i do believe it's a valid one, is whether or not we should take at face value the statements of the israeli authorities when there is so much public pressure and bias involved?

my belief is that no, we really shouldn't. doesn't mean they're necessarily lying, but we should be wary.

i've never said that. but be honest - there was no way that this was going to be pinned on anyone other than some palestinian - guilty or otherwise.

Who commited the crime?

again, how do you know?

i admit it sounds conspiratorial but you also have to admit that there was never any real possibility of an israeli being arrested for the crime.

Well, I guess we know where you stand on things (of a jewish persuasion ) :wink_2:

look i'm trying to be civil here. those arrested may very well be the perpetrators.

my only question, and i do believe it's a valid one, is whether or not we should take at face value the statements of the israeli authorities when there is so much public pressure and bias involved?

my belief is that no, we really shouldn't. doesn't mean they're necessarily lying, but we should be wary.

Oh give me a freeking break!

Who commited the crime?

again, how do you know?

Well, I guess we know where you stand on things (of a jewish persuasion ) :wink_2:

insinuating that i have anything against jews is rather juvenile and unbecoming. if you want to join the grown-ups in conversation you should try to learn not to label people so easily.

what is it that makes you believe those conducting the investigation are beyond reproach?

Edited to fix link...

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=216970

The main suspects in the Fogel family slayings are Hakim Maazan Niad Awad, 18, and Amjad Mahmed Fauzi Awad, 19.

Hakim Awad was arrested on April 5. He is a high school student who has been linked by security forces to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine group in Awarta.

In October 2010, Hakim stabbed a number of youths during a personal dispute, the IDF said. His father, Maazan, is a PFLP member who served five years in a Palestinian Authority prison in the late 1990s for the murder of a female cousin and the burning of her body.

Hakim&#8217;s uncle, Jibril Awad, was a PFLP member who transported a terrorist to Itamar in 2002. In that attack, Rahel Shabu, three of her three sons, and resident Yosef Twitto were shot and killed.

In 2003, Jibril Awad was killed in a firefight with the IDF.

Amjad Awad was arrested on April 10. Also a student, he is from the same clan as Hakim Awad but is not directly related. Amjad has links with the PFLP, according to security sources, and worked in Israel for a period of time.

Suspected accomplices are also under arrest.

Salah Aladin Salim Awad, 31, from Awarta, is a PFLP member and Hakim&#8217;s uncle.

He is suspected of helping the suspects cover their tracks after the killings, telling them to burn their blood-soaked clothes and sending firearms they stole from Itamar to a friend in Ramallah.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. A case is being made though, and a confession is no small thing. (and perhaps easier brought forth from those who will be treated like hero's for their crime)

Jailed by the Palestinian Authority too (just 5 years?) I wonder if the PA is working with Israel on this.

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=216963

Last edited:
again, how do you know?

insinuating that i have anything against jews is rather juvenile and unbecoming. if you want to join the grown-ups in conversation you should try to learn not to label people so easily.

Im sick and tired of the Jews always being suspect.... They are surrounded by enemies on ALL sides and you want to question whether or not they want to hang some innocent guys out to dry.
Oh come on.... I guarantee you, they want the ones who did it..... not some scapegoats.
They want the guilty men.

Trust me.... your doubt says all I need to know.

Thanks.

what is it that makes you believe those conducting the investigation are beyond reproach?

What makes YOU automatically question Isreal?????

How about you answer that!

Forum List

Back