Palestinians Appalled by Obama’s Comments

Well, yes, I do complain about massive weapons sales and militarily tied aid on principle, not like Israel qualifies as one, but the difference is that far and above, Israel recieves a VAST amount of aid from the United States. It is by far the largest reciever of "aid" in the world, something which is... kind of strange considering that it has such a high per capita income.

Not so strange considering they are surrounded by enemies who would destroy them. IMO anyways. We send so much aid to them, mainly because they are one of our few allies in a very strategic region of the world.

Jose, I think it is incorrect of you to say that the Arabs are blowing up our skyscrapers because we support Israel. The Israel/Pal problem might be one more reason to give extremists reason to hate us, but you cannot lump all Arabs in with terrorists. If you succeed in doing that, then we would be justified in vaporizing every Arab on the face of the earth in self-defense.

Given an option of whom would be most likely NOT to destroy religious places and who would be most likely to allow access to the others, I side with the Israelis. They have been doing so for years and have never destroyed any religious site yet. Can we say the same of the Arabs?

never destroyed any religious site yet

Right. Baruch Goldstein was simply asking the Arabs to repaint the walls of Ibrahimi Mosque.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 25 | 1994: Jewish settler kills 30 at holy site

Mosque near Bethlehem burned down by Israeli settlers - International Middle East Media Center - IMEMC

AAD English Site - “Mohammed is a pig” graffiti removed from mosque near Qalqiliya

Wow, that took all of 13 seconds to find.

They fought with the nazi's in WWII... I'd say that was the wrong side.

You say anything just so you can be anti-Israel, don't you?

But nah...nothing personal there...

The Arabs tried aligning with the Brits once before. British troops were still in the Middle East in WWII and there was no independence as promised. But exclude that from your analysis. Nothing personal there...

Jose, I think it is incorrect of you to say that the Arabs are blowing up our skyscrapers because we support Israel. The Israel/Pal problem might be one more reason to give extremists reason to hate us, but you cannot lump all Arabs in with terrorists. If you succeed in doing that, then we would be justified in vaporizing every Arab on the face of the earth in self-defense.

You would be hard pressed to find any Arab in the Middle East not critical of US support of Israel. That is the overwhelming answer to the question "why do they hate us" that the moron asked, not because of "our freedoms" as the twit so moronically answered his own question.

You would be hard pressed to find any Arab in the Middle East not critical of US support of Israel. That is the overwhelming answer to the question "why do they hate us" that the moron asked, not because of "our freedoms" as the twit so moronically answered his own question.
I don't think they hate us for either reason. I'm willing to bet that most Arabs, while not supportive of Israel, have more pressing things to worry about in their own countries.

But if you want to make the case that Arabs as a group are blowing up our skyscrapers because of Israel, as Jose is claiming, go for it.

The Arabs tried aligning with the Brits once before. British troops were still in the Middle East in WWII and there was no independence as promised. But exclude that from your analysis. Nothing personal there...

Britain atttempted, foolishly, to hold the ring while the US and the Russians backed the zionist terrorists who were murdering British soldiers who'd fought Hitler and boobytrapping their bodies to kill their friends. The nazis currently occupying Palestine have their noisemachines howl about 'anti-semitism'. The only anti-semite I ever met had his friends murdered in the King David Hotel. We should have stood out against their colonial land-grab, but by then we were in hock to the US, and Palestine became their colony. So it goes!

but allow me to tell you what is extreme... me not being able to go to the holiest spot in my religion because some muslims decided it should have a mosque over it.

We Roman-Greco pantheists feel exactly the same way about most of the Christian cathedrals in Europe.

On a more serious note..

Given the lightenrod of contention that Jerusalem has become, thanks to Hebraic Christian and Islamic all believing that their religions have sacred places in that city, Jerusalem might be better off declared an international city.

How that is done, with safeguards in place to insure that everyone gets their sacred places protected, and so forth, I do not know.

Never gonna happen in our lifetimes, of course.

I mean if the Isrealis and Islamics could agree to something that contentious, they could probably work out all their other problems without the rest of the world getting involved.

SOME Irish also aligned with the NAZI's during WWII, you know?

Nothing personal, but a LOT of people around the world simply cannot stand the British Empire, and most of them have fairly good reasons for that, too.

So now a supply air lift is the same as actually military support. I C.

Since the chairman of the joint chiefs protested the sending of military material to Israel while Americans were being killed in Vietnam, I'd say it was military support. Since Israel was in the middle of a conflict and was being supplied munitions and other war making materials, I'd say it was military support. Was the Soviet Union not providing military support to the Arabs?

SOME Irish also aligned with the NAZI's during WWII, you know?

Just as some Arabs and some Zionists before the Holocaust came to be known. Out of personal and political interests, not some allegiance to the Nazis.

Nothing personal, but a LOT of people around the world simply cannot stand the British Empire, and most of them have fairly good reasons for that, too.

If I understand your context correctly... it's not personal to me. I'm not a Brit. Given the Brits and French exploitation through its colonialism in an almost endless lists of countries, its hard to blame them for hating the Brits. Its secret WWI treaties (McMahon/ Hussein, Balfour, Sikes/ Picot) top the list of viable reasons.

Forum List

Back