Palestinians Appalled by Obama’s Comments

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
Undivided Jerusalem? That's pretty fucking extreme. I know I'll get dogged for criticizing Obama if he does and critcizing him if he doesn't, but fuck. This is some pretty far-Right shit. Personally I think safe access to the Western Wall is enough.

Obama to AIPAC: Jerusalem “Must Remain Undivided”:

On his first day as the Democrats’ presumptive nominee, Senator Barack Obama traveled to Washington to address AIPAC, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

Sen. Barack Obama: “Let me be clear. Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.The Palestinians need a state that is contiguous and cohesive and that allows them to prosper, but any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel’s identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognized, defensible borders. And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

Palestinians Appalled by Obama’s Comments:

Al Jazeera reports Obama’s comments appalled many Palestinians who see occupied East Jerusalem as part of a future Palestinian state. Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said, “This is the worst thing to happen to us since 1967…He has given ammunition to extremists across the region.” Here in this country, independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader criticized Obama for not mentioning the humanitarian disaster in Gaza caused by the Israeli blockade. Hamas spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhri also criticized Obama’s speech.

Sami Abu Zuhri: “These statements assure that there is a total agreement between the two American parties, the Democratic and the Republican, on support for the Israeli occupation at the expense of the rights of Arabs and Palestinian interests. And these statements slash any hope in any change in the American foreign policy toward the Arab-Israeli conflict.”

Democracy Now! | Headlines for June 05, 2008

Undivided Jerusalem? That's pretty fucking extreme. I know I'll get dogged for criticizing Obama if he does and critcizing him if he doesn't, but fuck. This is some pretty far-Right shit. Personally I think safe access to the Western Wall is enough.

Is it me or does that sound like something a neocon would say to AIPAC ?

how kind of you to think jews should have "safe access". i'm sure you'll be just as kind when jews have to defend themselves from internal attack by people who think they shouldn't exist.

but allow me to tell you what is extreme... me not being able to go to the holiest spot in my religion because some muslims decided it should have a mosque over it.

Are you currently able to go to the Western Wall, Jillian? Would you be unable to do so if Jerusalem were divided with one of the preconditions being that Jews were guaranteed "safe access," Jillian? And most importantly, are you agreeing with Obama's far-Right Zionist hate speech?

Sen. Barack Obama: “Let me be clear. Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.The Palestinians need a state that is contiguous and cohesive and that allows them to prosper, but any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel’s identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognized, defensible borders. And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

:clap2::thup:

Zionist Jew said:
Are you currently able to go to the Western Wall, Jillian? Would you be unable to do so if Jerusalem were divided with one of the preconditions being that Jews were guaranteed "safe access," Jillian? And most importantly, are you agreeing with Obama's far-Right Zionist hate speech?
WTF are you talking about? Did Shakes beat you down and steal your account? :razz:

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt

:clap2::thup:

You’re dumb as hell, McGirt…

The arabs are demolishing your country one skyscraper at a time and you continue to applaud the same racist dictatorship that feeds their hatred.

What kind of sick, self destructive nationalism is that?

José;698972 said:
You’re dumb as hell, McGirt…

The arabs are demolishing your country one skyscraper at a time and you continue to applaud the same racist dictatorship that feeds their hatred.

What kind of sick, self destructive nationalism is that?
I'd say it's not nearly as destructive as the wife beating culture you identify with. Hit any women lately, Jose?

what zionist hate speech? you need to work on your adjectives a bit. zionism has one meaning. hate has another... .except to Israel haters,but that's another story.

what city do you live in? maybe we should divide that. oh...i know, maybe LA should be half under Mexican auspices....

what zionist hate speech? you need to work on your adjectives a bit. zionism has one meaning. hate has another... .except to Israel haters,but that's another story.

what city do you live in? maybe we should divide that. oh...i know, maybe LA should be half under Mexican auspices....

Given an option of whom would be most likely NOT to destroy religious places and who would be most likely to allow access to the others, I side with the Israelis. They have been doing so for years and have never destroyed any religious site yet. Can we say the same of the Arabs?

Given an option of whom would be most likely NOT to destroy religious places and who would be most likely to allow access to the others, I side with the Israelis. They have been doing so for years and have never destroyed any religious site yet. Can we say the same of the Arabs?
So what you're saying is....you agree with Obama.

Do you have any clue who ninjaboy is???? If you did, obviously he had one too many drinks last night. :D

So what you're saying is....you agree with Obama.

I agree with what Obama said. Whether he really meant it, I do not know. If you think I am going to change my stance on something just because someone I do not like has the same one, you are sadly mistaken, I am not a liberal that hates so much I will cut off my nose to spite my face.

israel exists as a result of the spoils of war.....same as every other nation on the planet....the can hold it and defend it...it is theirs....

the arabs picked the wrong side in wwii....and lost.....winners don't give land back.....

manu1959
israel exists as a result of the spoils of war.....

And it will cease to exist as a result of skyscraper debris.

José;699110 said:
manu1959

really....who will be able to do that....there is not an army in the middle east that has the capability much less the balls to take them on....

José;699110 said:
manu1959

Every Arab Neighbor has tried at least 3 times and some more. Israel is still there. Most have figured out they can not beat them and quit trying. Iran will find out that Israel and the US will retaliate if they ever acquire nukes and are stupid enough to use one or more.

it's pretty obvious what Obama is doing with a speech like that. But, honestly, did anyone expect to not see a little zionist ass kissing?

My sister saw Obama speaking at Texas State a while back and she was talking about how great his speech was. I mentioned race and all of that stuff and how he tailors his speeches for certain audiences (as do other politicians) and she was like:

"No No, he didn't even bring up race or being black or anything...."

I asked:

"Are you ok? Do you realize how many white people there are in San Marcos, TX. He was speaking to a 90% white crowd (if I had a guess). Of course he didn't mention race or Rev. Wright."

That's one thing I dislike about politicians....they're your best friend depending on where they're at. Like Hillary and her little Mexican child-ornament in a sombrero--Bush is also guilty of this....lol John Kerry, and his goose hunting escapades, Obama and his bowling, Hillary and her shot-glass....

Forum List

Back