"Palestinian" PM Making It Crystal Clear

when the military is asked to be the wetnurse for the multicultural Jeffersonian democracy that Bush envisions blossoming on the banks of the Euphrates, you are dead wrong. They do not have the tools for such a mission...they never have and they never will.

Yeah I agree the original mission was revised several times.
But how do you see what Clinton did in Bosnia? Sounds similar about democracy doesn’t it? Why did we bomb them again?

Yeah I agree the original mission was revised several times.
But how do you see what Clinton did in Bosnia? Sounds similar about democracy doesn’t it? Why did we bomb them again?

the fact is...the "mission" is not a military one. I say again: wetnursing a fledgling democracy is not a military mission. period.

and talking about Clinton and Bosnia - which the right had all sorts of problems with - is really apples and oranges.

Actually your attempts are to denigrate all women.

not at all....just women who insult me find themselves getting insulted back. I don't insult kathianne.... nor any other woman on here....just you - if you really ARE a woman, that is....I have seen many folks refer to you with masculine pronouns, and the avatar is certainly someone whose gender is suspect ;)

You wanna play nice with me and stick to the issues, I will be an absolute gentleman. Up to you.

the fact is...the "mission" is not a military one. I say again: wetnursing a fledgling democracy is not a military mission. period.

and talking about Clinton and Bosnia - which the right had all sorts of problems with - is really apples and oranges.

if you say so, but my point is leaders have made blunders. At least in the beginning our current President set out for a specific goal, remove saddam- Done! killed several high level terrorist along the way. The Iraqis are very lazy people and they will never be free again and they will be owned by Iran after we leave that country.

if you say so, but my point is leaders have made blunders. At least in the beginning our current President set out for a specific goal, remove saddam- Done! killed several high level terrorist along the way. The Iraqis are very lazy people and they will never be free again and they will be owned by Iran after we leave that country.

no doubt that presidents have made blunders...and no doubt that the republicans were merciless in their attacks on Clinton for Bosnia.... I could go get all the quotes from republican senators blasting the mission in Bosnia even while the troops were on the ground...something they now say is so unpatriotic and treasonous.... the point is... we have no viable military mission in Iraq anymore. WETNURSING STUBBORN AND MUTUALLY ANTAGONISTIC ARABS TRYING TO FORM A DEMOCRACY IS NOT A MILITARY MISSION.

It was you who started the insults. And anyone who considers the lovely Ann Coulter "gender suspect" obviously has a problem dealing with intelligent, forceful women, which you have demonstrated so appositely.

with that adam's apple and horse face, odds are she's a TS....and probably pre-op.

And I am, by the way, extremely happily married to a very intelligent and forceful woman. I have no problem dealing with women like that.... I just get mildly annoyed dealing with women like YOU.

and I really have no interest in tracing the roots of this little nasty exchange, but I think it went back to you having a hissy fit about my use of quotes.... but regardless, if you would like to lift the level of this debate, you know the way. Here...let me open the door for you!

Thanks, that's all I was asking for.
You said it in a way that 'defines' terrorism.

So, who makes the list?
Britain? Russia? China? Israel? America? Turkey? Pakistan?

All of the above?

Citizens of any of those and more countries.

But saying citizens is misleading.
Many governments are doing things 'citizens' have no control over, are not aware of, or are mislead into supporting. I think that's where more blame can be assigned...
I know I never supported my government's assistance in overthrowing Aristide.

But saying citizens is misleading.
Many governments are doing things 'citizens' have no control over, are not aware of, or are mislead into supporting. I think that's where more blame can be assigned...
I know I never supported my government's assistance in overthrowing Aristide.

If citizens could control all the things government is involved in, there would be no need of government.

Citizens do control everything. If gov is made up of citizens, which it is.
But the point is that representative democracy demands public participation... in the decision making process. (with certain exceptions obviously - but decisions like: do we go to war, do we support this dictator, or this rebel group...)

Otherwise it's just lip service. And lots of bombs.

Who cares who makes the list? A terrorist is a terrorist and should be killed or captured. Preferably killed.

Why not figure out who actually is a terrorist, using more than yer gut?
How can you fight terror with terrorist allies?
Or if you act like one yourself?
Why not use some standard (maybe international law) to determine the bad guys - even if it gets uncomfortable?

Citizens do control everything. If gov is made up of citizens, which it is.
But the point is that representative democracy demands public participation... in the decision making process. (with certain exceptions obviously - but decisions like: do we go to war, do we support this dictator, or this rebel group...)

Otherwise it's just lip service. And lots of bombs.
No they don't. Why not read some political philosophy instead of attempts at condescension on topics you don't actually grasp? Platitudes and 'deep questions' do not make effective arguments.

Why not figure out who actually is a terrorist, using more than yer gut?
How can you fight terror with terrorist allies?
Or if you act like one yourself?
Why not use some standard (maybe international law) to determine the bad guys - even if it gets uncomfortable?
This is really a stupid question, IMHO.

As pointed out previously, a terrorist is someone who intentionally targets innocents. Not a difficult concept; not requiring much in the way of clairvoyance. How do you fight them? You hunt them down and kill them.

Forum List

Back