Palestinian girls invent 'seeing' walking stick for blind

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
NABLUS, West Bank — When Palestinian teenager Aseel Abu Leil looked around her hometown of Nablus for inspiration for the world's largest science fair, she couldn't help but note the obvious.

"I didn't look outside, I looked home," Aseel said. That's where she noticed some of the logistical problems that her blind aunt faced.

Along with classmates Aseel Sha 'ar and Nour El Arda, she invented an obstacle-detecting walking stick. They entered the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair alongside 6 million global contestants, and were chosen to be among 1,500 finalists to attend the world's largest science fair next month in San Jose, Calif.

The three girls clasped arms as they demonstrated their invention on the courtyard steps of their school. A rough cane made of local pine, it has two infrared sensors that scan forward and downward to detect changes in the terrain and help the user "see" obstacles ahead. It issues various high-pitched beeps to alert the user.

Palestinian girls invent 'seeing' walking stick for blind - Yahoo! News

NABLUS, West Bank — When Palestinian teenager Aseel Abu Leil

Who, again, are the Palestinians, dope?

You never could answer that question.

That would be the indigenous Muslim, Christian, and Jewish inhabitants of Palestine within the internationally recognized borders defined in 1922.

So now you know.

Except, Muslims are indigenous to Arabia, numbnuts, not Palestine.

And, hundreds of thousands of Arabs migrated to the area from North Africa and elsewhere as recently as the 20th century to take advantage of the Zionist economy. Thus, the common surname al-Masri (The Egyptian) and Maghrebi (Maghreb, Africa)

And, Israel encompasses most of Palestine and Jews are Israeli, not Palestinian.

And, Arabs did not call themselves Palestinian until 1967.

And, there has never been a country called Palestine.

And, Arabs for most of the past 500 years in the area called themselves Syrian as it was viewed as southern Syria.

So, once, again, moron, who are the Palestinians, since you don't know?

Palestinians do not exist...
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28222

Last edited:

I can answer that question.

Palestinians are the people living in the lands formerly known as Palestine who do NOT recognize the legitmacy of Israel.

OR they are the citizens of the land now recognized by the UN as being Palestinian land.

That isn't all that difficult to understand, now, is it?

I can answer that question.

Palestinians are the people living in the lands formerly known as Palestine who do NOT recognize the legitmacy of Israel.

OR they are the citizens of the land now recognized by the UN as being Palestinian land.

That isn't all that difficult to understand, now, is it?

Except, Arabs never recognized Palestine.

Eminent Middle East historian Bernard Lewis...
For Arabs, the term Palestine was unacceptable. For Muslims it was alien. The main objection for them was that it seemed to assert a separate entity which politically conscious Arabs in Palestine and elsewhere denied. For them there was no such thing as a country called Palestine. The region which the British called Palestine was merely a separated part of a larger whole. Palestine was not a country and had no frontiers, only administrative boundaries; it was a group of provincial subdivisions, by no means always the same, within a larger entity. For a long time organized and articulate Arab political opinion was virtually unanimous on this point.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/B003BVK3D4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272460086&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Middle East: Bernard Lewis: Books[/ame]

Thus, you really don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. :lol:

Last edited:
For Arabs, the term Palestine was unacceptable. For Muslims it was alien. The main objection for them was that it seemed to assert a separate entity which politically conscious Arabs in Palestine and elsewhere denied. For them there was no such thing as a country called Palestine. The region which the British called Palestine was merely a separated part of a larger whole. Palestine was not a country and had no frontiers, only administrative boundaries; it was a group of provincial subdivisions, by no means always the same, within a larger entity. For a long time organized and articulate Arab political opinion was virtually unanimous on this point.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/B003BVK3D4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272460086&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Middle East: Bernard Lewis: Books[/ame]

There you go again telling lies that do not appear anywhere on the link you quote from
Check it yourself copy the above ¨quote¨ go to the link press ctrl and f, paste the quote

NOT FOUND

Last edited:

There you go again telling lies that do not appear anywhere on the link you quote from
Check it yourself copy the above ¨quote¨ go to the link press ctrl and f, paste the quote

NOT FOUND

I own the book, shit-for-brains.

You, of course, cannot read books as your literacy level is that of a pre-adolescent...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2210962-post18.html :lol:

NABLUS, West Bank — When Palestinian teenager Aseel Abu Leil looked around her hometown of Nablus for inspiration for the world's largest science fair, she couldn't help but note the obvious.

"I didn't look outside, I looked home," Aseel said. That's where she noticed some of the logistical problems that her blind aunt faced.

Along with classmates Aseel Sha 'ar and Nour El Arda, she invented an obstacle-detecting walking stick. They entered the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair alongside 6 million global contestants, and were chosen to be among 1,500 finalists to attend the world's largest science fair next month in San Jose, Calif.

The three girls clasped arms as they demonstrated their invention on the courtyard steps of their school. A rough cane made of local pine, it has two infrared sensors that scan forward and downward to detect changes in the terrain and help the user "see" obstacles ahead. It issues various high-pitched beeps to alert the user.

How cool are THEY? I hope all three get scholarships for their invention.

It also has a warning when Jews are around. It screams, "Dirty Jew behind a rock get him!":lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't resist. Question: Why the fuck is this in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict thread. I think P F Titmore, is too stupid to realize there are other headings then I/P.

NOT FOUND

LOL, Josey its called books, I assume even blond haired blue eyed women read books, no?

How cool are THEY? I hope all three get scholarships for their invention.

Unfortunately, they'll soon turn into suicide monkeys and won't need any scholarships in Paradise.

Amazon.com: The Middle East: Bernard Lewis: Books

NOT FOUND

LOL, Josey its called books, I assume even blond haired blue eyed women read books, no?

Josey needs first to learn how to spell before learning to read...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2210962-post18.html

Marc, you're a flaming, hemorrhoidal asshole. This thread honors three lovely young women who came up with an idea that will really help people, and all you can do is piss on it. That you do not posses the social skills to be ashamed of yourself is a deplorable testament to your irredeemable lack of humanity.

Last edited:
Marc, you're an flaming, hemorrhoidal asshole. This thread honors three lovely young women who came up with an idea that will really help people, and all you can do is piss on it. That you do not posses the social skills to be ashamed of yourself is a deplorable testament to your irredeemable lack of humanity.

PMSing, hun?

dq43o1.jpg

Marc, you're an flaming, hemorrhoidal asshole. This thread honors three lovely young women who came up with an idea that will really help people, and all you can do is piss on it. That you do not posses the social skills to be ashamed of yourself is a deplorable testament to your irredeemable lack of humanity.

PMSing, hun?

Did I NOT tell you to refrain from addressing me in an overly familiar manner? I think I did. You are something that people scrape off the bottom of their shoes and then throw the shoes out anyway because the damage is already done. I'm confident there are ashes from a failed diaphragm, mingled with the tears of those responsible for your existence contained in a hermetically sealed container and deposited fearfully in a landfill in the hopes that replication would be impossible.

PMSing, hun?

Did I NOT tell you to refrain from addressing me in an overly familiar manner? I think I did. You are something that people scrape off the bottom of their shoes and then throw the shoes out anyway because the damage is already done. I'm confident there are ashes from a failed diaphragm, mingled with the tears of those responsible for your existence contained in a hermetically sealed container and deposited fearfully in a landfill in the hopes that replication would be impossible.

PMSing, Barb?
Better?

Forum List

Back