Palestinian Authority Can't Pay Salaries

The attached link and portion of the text is a scathing indictment of Palestinian abuse and mismanagement of the welfare money they are showered with. The article is highly critical (and rightly so), of the US government (my government), not demanding accountability from the PA regarding the disposition of our money. I'm afraid my government is lacking in that regard.

The real issue is that we have allowed the pal thieves and beggars to accept their mismanagement and thievery as an entitlement.

I'm sure we will hear from the usual suspects the same litany of worn out excuses about “oppression”, but let's be honest, if you want to see real oppression, try being a Jew or Christian in any Muslim majority nation.

U.S. Complicit with Palestinian Authority Budgeting Mischief Picking apart their finances, and how U.S. aid ends up with Hamas

U.S. Complicit with Palestinian Authority Budgeting Mischief: Picking apart their finances, and how U.S. aid ends up with Hamas. - Jewish Policy Center

The Palestinian Authority is crying poverty again, complaining about a decrease in expected levels of foreign aid that will force Palestinians into penury or —heaven forbid —tax increases. The Palestinian public is in no mood for that, according to the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research.

In a recent poll,48% of the respondents rejected solving Palestinian fiscal problems by increasing taxes or by forcing the early retirement of public sector employees. Asked what they would do, 27% would dissolve the PA itself and 52% would enter negotiations with Israel "in order to obtain greater international financial support." The poll notes, however, that half of those choosing negotiations would do so only if Israel agreed first to a settlement freeze and the 1967 borders.

The PA is unlikely to dissolve itself and Israel is unlikely to acquiesce. So a look at the phantasmagorical system of Palestinian budget building —and American complicity —is in order.

Last summer, the U.S. Congress withheld nearly $147 million of the planned $513 million in aid due to the Palestinian Authority's unilateral UN statehood bid. (Another $113 million in U.S. funds for the PA security forces and $232 million for the UN Relief and Works Agency were unaffected.) Under pressure from the State Department —which enlisted the Israeli government's help —Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee Ileana Ros-Lehtinen announced that $88.5 million will be released. She retained her hold on the other $58.6 million:

I am disappointed that the administration would employ hardball tactics against Congress and threaten to send, over congressional objections, U.S. taxpayer dollars to the Palestinian Authority.

How important is U.S. aid? It amounts to about 15% of the total announced Palestinian budget and nearly 50% of all expected aid. But consider the overall state of Palestinian finances: the 2012 PA budget —produced by PM Salam Fayyad, the West's "go-to man" for economic decision making —called for $3.5 billion in spending, $1.1 billion in aid, and showed a deficit of between $750 million and $1.1 billion (the latter figure is now the accepted one). That means the Palestinian economy is expected to generate only about $1.3 billion[1],and the PA is planning to spend three times what it produces. In real money terms then, with $1.3B in generated income and $1.1B in aid ($2.4B to spend), U.S. aid ($513 million) is almost 20% of actual spending.

Why in Gods name do we give the Palestinians any money? that shit goes right in the pocket of Hamas.

The attached link and portion of the text is a scathing indictment of Palestinian abuse and mismanagement of the welfare money they are showered with. The article is highly critical (and rightly so), of the US government (my government), not demanding accountability from the PA regarding the disposition of our money. I'm afraid my government is lacking in that regard.

The real issue is that we have allowed the pal thieves and beggars to accept their mismanagement and thievery as an entitlement.

I'm sure we will hear from the usual suspects the same litany of worn out excuses about “oppression”, but let's be honest, if you want to see real oppression, try being a Jew or Christian in any Muslim majority nation.

U.S. Complicit with Palestinian Authority Budgeting Mischief Picking apart their finances, and how U.S. aid ends up with Hamas

U.S. Complicit with Palestinian Authority Budgeting Mischief: Picking apart their finances, and how U.S. aid ends up with Hamas. - Jewish Policy Center

The Palestinian Authority is crying poverty again, complaining about a decrease in expected levels of foreign aid that will force Palestinians into penury or —heaven forbid —tax increases. The Palestinian public is in no mood for that, according to the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research.

In a recent poll,48% of the respondents rejected solving Palestinian fiscal problems by increasing taxes or by forcing the early retirement of public sector employees. Asked what they would do, 27% would dissolve the PA itself and 52% would enter negotiations with Israel "in order to obtain greater international financial support." The poll notes, however, that half of those choosing negotiations would do so only if Israel agreed first to a settlement freeze and the 1967 borders.

The PA is unlikely to dissolve itself and Israel is unlikely to acquiesce. So a look at the phantasmagorical system of Palestinian budget building —and American complicity —is in order.

Last summer, the U.S. Congress withheld nearly $147 million of the planned $513 million in aid due to the Palestinian Authority's unilateral UN statehood bid. (Another $113 million in U.S. funds for the PA security forces and $232 million for the UN Relief and Works Agency were unaffected.) Under pressure from the State Department —which enlisted the Israeli government's help —Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee Ileana Ros-Lehtinen announced that $88.5 million will be released. She retained her hold on the other $58.6 million:

I am disappointed that the administration would employ hardball tactics against Congress and threaten to send, over congressional objections, U.S. taxpayer dollars to the Palestinian Authority.

How important is U.S. aid? It amounts to about 15% of the total announced Palestinian budget and nearly 50% of all expected aid. But consider the overall state of Palestinian finances: the 2012 PA budget —produced by PM Salam Fayyad, the West's "go-to man" for economic decision making —called for $3.5 billion in spending, $1.1 billion in aid, and showed a deficit of between $750 million and $1.1 billion (the latter figure is now the accepted one). That means the Palestinian economy is expected to generate only about $1.3 billion[1],and the PA is planning to spend three times what it produces. In real money terms then, with $1.3B in generated income and $1.1B in aid ($2.4B to spend), U.S. aid ($513 million) is almost 20% of actual spending.

...the 2012 PA budget —produced by PM Salam Fayyad, the West's "go-to man" for economic decision making...

Of course Fayyad has never been the Prime Minister of Palestine so that gives a shift to the information presented.

...the 2012 PA budget —produced by PM Salam Fayyad, the West's "go-to man" for economic decision making...

Of course Fayyad has never been the Prime Minister of Palestine so that gives a shift to the information presented.
Of course, the thieves and welfare scammers running the PA would disagree with you.

Palestinian Authority premier Salam Fayyad gives up finance post May 16, 2012

Palestinian Authority premier Salam Fayyad gives up finance post - latimes.com

RAMALLAH, West Bank -- Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad kept the top job in a Cabinet shakeup Wednesday but relinquished his duties as finance minister, a position that earned him praise abroad and criticism at home.

The latest reorganization had been expected since last year, when Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas agreed with rival faction Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, to form a unity government.

The reconciliation deal quickly stalled, however, in part because Hamas leaders objected to Fayyad remaining as prime minister in the new government. After months of deadlock, Abbas recently asked Fayyad to form a new Cabinet without Hamas’ consultation.

The primary issue remains: why is my government indirectly supporting Islamic terrorism and Palestinian incompetence and thievery by showering welfare dollars on an invented people with an invented identity?

Of course, the thieves and welfare scammers running the PA would disagree with you.

RAMALLAH, West Bank -- Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad kept the top job in a Cabinet shakeup Wednesday but relinquished his duties as finance minister, a position that earned him praise abroad and criticism at home.

The latest reorganization had been expected since last year, when Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas agreed with rival faction Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, to form a unity government.

The reconciliation deal quickly stalled, however, in part because Hamas leaders objected to Fayyad remaining as prime minister in the new government. After months of deadlock, Abbas recently asked Fayyad to form a new Cabinet without Hamas’ consultation.

The primary issue remains: why is my government indirectly supporting Islamic terrorism and Palestinian incompetence and thievery by showering welfare dollars on an invented people with an invented identity?

None of that addresses my post.

Of course it does. You are willing to accept the fact of Islamic terrorists stealing money that was intended for humanitarian aid.

Of course it does. You are willing to accept the fact of Islamic terrorists stealing money that was intended for humanitarian aid.

That does not address my post.

What would the Palestinians do without the gravy train?

That is precisely the point. We allow the falsehood of an invented people with an invented identity to continue and I am at a loss to understand why.

Of course if does. Your being in denial is no excuse for weak attempts on your part to expect others to accept your denial.

Nope.

Try again.

I've tried twice to help you understand but you are unable or unwilling. Failure on your part to comprehend simple concepts is an issue of yours to deal with.

Understand what?

Why is this so difficult for you?

That is precisely the point. We allow the falsehood of an invented people with an invented identity to continue and I am at a loss to understand why.

My thing is the Pals don't have reliable revenue, right now they are getting by on hand outs, charity and welfare checks, when all that runs out what happens then?

You are at a loss to understand about anything. Why should this be different?

I can only take this to mean that you are embarrassed at having made nonsensical claims and you're now hoping to salvage some small, insignificant measure of lost credibility.

Oh the shame!

My thing is the Pals don't have reliable revenue, right now they are getting by on hand outs, charity and welfare checks, when all that runs out what happens then?

Things will have to revert back to when they were making their own living.

Nope.

Try again.

I've tried twice to help you understand but you are unable or unwilling. Failure on your part to comprehend simple concepts is an issue of yours to deal with.

Understand what?

Why is this so difficult for you?
Just announce that you are clueless. You will feel better about yourselves.

Things will have to revert back to when they were making their own living.

Which was never.

New Topics

Forum List

Back