Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

If I don't make any sense, then it is just because Article 16 does not make any sense. Yet, it is the Article that all parties agreed upon.

Needless to say, the Arab Palestinian inhabitance were not awarded any territory.
Do you have a link for that?
You don't make any sense.
(COMMENT)

I cannot understand what it is about your intellectual ability to read and understand Article 16. It is not like there is insufficient evidence pertaining to "rights and title." Nor is there any evidence as to the Arab Palestinians having some "rights and title."

It is lucky for the Rule of Law world and Common Sense in which we live; that you are not a force behind the implementation of the law.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

If I don't make any sense, then it is just because Article 16 does not make any sense. Yet, it is the Article that all parties agreed upon.

Needless to say, the Arab Palestinian inhabitance were not awarded any territory.
Do you have a link for that?
You don't make any sense.
(COMMENT)

I cannot understand what it is about your intellectual ability to read and understand Article 16. It is not like there is insufficient evidence pertaining to "rights and title." Nor is there any evidence as to the Arab Palestinians having some "rights and title."

It is lucky for the Rule of Law world and Common Sense in which we live; that you are not a force behind the implementation of the law.

Most Respectfully,
R
Nor is there any evidence as to the Arab Palestinians having some "rights and title."
Sure there is. UN resolutions.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

What nonsense...

[
Nor is there any evidence as to the Arab Palestinians having some "rights and title."
(COMMENT)

There is absolutely NO UN Resolution that dispenses the full "RIGHTS and TITLE" to any territory ---- any territory at all. This is especially true of the Gaza Strip and the Arab Palestinians of the West Bank.

I would very much like you to show me a UN Resolution on the Rights and Title to any territory.

PLEASE prove me WRONG!

Most Respectfully,
R

It comes.

D8TJZC2X4AU8Xpa.jpg
Hamas says they have successfully smuggled in a rocket launcher which can overwhelm the Iron Dome.

OK

Let's see how they deal with the low yield neutron dispersal tactical response.

:thup:

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

What nonsense...

[
(COMMENT)

There is absolutely NO UN Resolution that dispenses the full "RIGHTS and TITLE" to any territory ---- any territory at all. This is especially true of the Gaza Strip and the Arab Palestinians of the West Bank.

I would very much like you to show me a UN Resolution on the Rights and Title to any territory.

PLEASE prove me WRONG!

Most Respectfully,
R
Recalling its relevant resolutions which affirm the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination,

1. Reaffirms the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in Palestine, including:
    1. (a) The right to self-determination without external interference;
    2. (b) The right to national independence and sovereignty;
  2. Reaffirms also the inalienable right of the Palestinians to return to their homes and property from which they have been displaced and uprooted, and calls for their return;
United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3236 - Wikipedia

I don't see where you have a question.

Palestinian Diplomat Hanan Ashrawi on the U.S. “Peace Plan” & Israeli Political Crisis

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

So, your answer is: You have nothing.
RoccoR said:
P F Tinmore said:
RoccoR said:
There is absolutely NO UN Resolution that dispenses the full "RIGHTS and TITLE" to any territory ---- any territory at all.
P F Tinmore said:
[/quote]
(COMMENT)

This is a non-binding 1974 vintage montra of the Arab Palestinian epiphany that ALL people have these rights. They are in Article I - Chapter I - of the UN Charter. These rights are not exclusive rights grant to just the Arab Palestinian. And it certainly does not present the Arab Palestinians any territory.

You give us nothing. Other than A/RES/181 (II), which was rejected in 1947, I repeat my need to see UN Resolution that dispenses the full "RIGHTS and TITLE" to any territory → any territory at all. I will even entertain any international agreement concluded between States in written form and governed by international law.

But as it stands, you've given us nothing!

There is an interesting News Article that discusses the very same question: Is Palestine Really a Country?
What makes this article a real intelectualgrabber is that it remarks: "To be a "sovereign" state (i.e. an independent country), it's also important that the government answers to no other country, and that the territory and population are actually under the government's control." This is a set of points that I have made over and over again....

To be a "sovereign" state
(i.e. an independent country),
it's also important that the government answers to no other country,
and that the territory and population are
actually under the government's control.
There is no question of this pertaining to Israel. It's territorial integrity is very clear. But do the Arab Palestinians have anything like that? Yes, the Gaza Strip and (arguably) Area "A."

Other wise, what presents the Arab Palestinian at any time in the last 100 years, since the fall of the Ottoman Empire?

Most Respectfully,
R

He's still confusing the RIGHT to self-determination, national independence and sovereignty with the ACTUALITY of it.

Both Israel and Arab Palestine have the right to those things (imo), but only Israel has actualized it.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

So, your answer is: You have nothing.
RoccoR said:
P F Tinmore said:
RoccoR said:
There is absolutely NO UN Resolution that dispenses the full "RIGHTS and TITLE" to any territory ---- any territory at all.
P F Tinmore said:
(COMMENT)

This is a non-binding 1974 vintage montra of the Arab Palestinian epiphany that ALL people have these rights. They are in Article I - Chapter I - of the UN Charter. These rights are not exclusive rights grant to just the Arab Palestinian. And it certainly does not present the Arab Palestinians any territory.

You give us nothing. Other than A/RES/181 (II), which was rejected in 1947, I repeat my need to see UN Resolution that dispenses the full "RIGHTS and TITLE" to any territory → any territory at all. I will even entertain any international agreement concluded between States in written form and governed by international law.

But as it stands, you've given us nothing!

There is an interesting News Article that discusses the very same question: Is Palestine Really a Country?
What makes this article a real intelectualgrabber is that it remarks: "To be a "sovereign" state (i.e. an independent country), it's also important that the government answers to no other country, and that the territory and population are actually under the government's control." This is a set of points that I have made over and over again....

To be a "sovereign" state
(i.e. an independent country),
it's also important that the government answers to no other country,
and that the territory and population are
actually under the government's control.
There is no question of this pertaining to Israel. It's territorial integrity is very clear. But do the Arab Palestinians have anything like that? Yes, the Gaza Strip and (arguably) Area "A."

Other wise, what presents the Arab Palestinian at any time in the last 100 years, since the fall of the Ottoman Empire?

Most Respectfully,
R[/QUOTE]
Palestine is a state under illegal external interference.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

As generally understood,

A/RES/67/19 Status of Palestine in the United Nations

29 November 2012 United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/RES/67/19: Upgrading of Palestine to non-member observer state status in the United Nations •

15 November 1988 - A/43/827 • S/20278 Palestinian Declaration of Independence (1988) The Palestinian National Council, the legislative body of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), in Algiers on 15 November 1988 unilaterally proclaimed the establishment of a new independent state called the "State of Palestine" •
(COMMENT)

Well, actually that is incorrect.

But Israel was Territorial Power in 1967, well before the creation of HAMAS (1988) in the Gaza Strip.

✦ 1967 June: Six-Day War ends in favor of Israel.
◈ Israel occupies the West Bank concurrently with Jordanian Sovereignty.
◈ Israel occupies the Gaza Strip forceing the withdrawal of the Egyptian..Governorship​
✦ 1968 July: Palestinian National Council publishes the Palestinian National Charter.
✦ 1974 October: PLO becomes sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in any Palestinian territory that is liberated.
✦ 1988 July: Jordan cuts all ties with the West Bank.
✦ 1988 July 1988: Israel becomes the only state on the territory maintaining law and order.
✦ 1988 Novemeber: PLO Declares Independence
What is so very interesting about this timeline is that it shows that there was only one state government on the territory at one point. There was no Sovereignty anywhere (and trusteeship anywhere) laying claim to the territory. The previous sovereignty (Jordan) abandon the territory.

(QUESTION)

Is a territory with no past sovereign laying claim, and no current sovereign, open for control acquisition by a new state in place of the others?

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

As generally understood,

A/RES/67/19 Status of Palestine in the United Nations

29 November 2012 United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/RES/67/19: Upgrading of Palestine to non-member observer state status in the United Nations •

15 November 1988 - A/43/827 • S/20278 Palestinian Declaration of Independence (1988) The Palestinian National Council, the legislative body of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), in Algiers on 15 November 1988 unilaterally proclaimed the establishment of a new independent state called the "State of Palestine" •
(COMMENT)

Well, actually that is incorrect.

But Israel was Territorial Power in 1967, well before the creation of HAMAS (1988) in the Gaza Strip.

✦ 1967 June: Six-Day War ends in favor of Israel.
◈ Israel occupies the West Bank concurrently with Jordanian Sovereignty.
◈ Israel occupies the Gaza Strip forceing the withdrawal of the Egyptian..Governorship​
✦ 1968 July: Palestinian National Council publishes the Palestinian National Charter.
✦ 1974 October: PLO becomes sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in any Palestinian territory that is liberated.
✦ 1988 July: Jordan cuts all ties with the West Bank.
✦ 1988 July 1988: Israel becomes the only state on the territory maintaining law and order.
✦ 1988 Novemeber: PLO Declares Independence​
What is so very interesting about this timeline is that it shows that there was only one state government on the territory at one point. There was no Sovereignty anywhere (and trusteeship anywhere) laying claim to the territory. The previous sovereignty (Jordan) abandon the territory.

(QUESTION)

Is a territory with no past sovereign laying claim, and no current sovereign, open for control acquisition by a new state in place of the others?

Most Respectfully,
R
You are way past when I was talking about.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Ahhhhhhh!
OK, I'm a bit confused about your time-window of discussion.

√ What is your window?

(COMMENT)

You cannot be talking about the territory to which the Palestine Order in Council applied (1922 to 1948), because that Palestine (ie Government of Palestine) was a territory under mandate.

Even before 1923, the Arab population of Palestine declined to participate in the British Government's desired to establish self-government in Palestine, in what they called "stages."

The Political History of Palestine under British Administration said:
In practice, it proved impossible even to initiate this policy of gradual constitutional development. From 1922 until the present day, the High Commissioner has governed Palestine with the aid of Councils consisting exclusively of British officials.
SOURCE: A/AC.14/8 UK History of Administration 2 October 1947 •

That would be the window between 1922 → 1974 (in the case of Egypt) and 1922 → 1994 (in the case of Jordan). Since the 1948 War for Independence was resolved by Treaty; inside the two windows (supra), Just what ground and what timeframe are your working...Be specific, so as to give you the best answer possible?

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Ahhhhhhh!
OK, I'm a bit confused about your time-window of discussion.

√ What is your window?

(COMMENT)

You cannot be talking about the territory to which the Palestine Order in Council applied (1922 to 1948), because that Palestine (ie Government of Palestine) was a territory under mandate.

Even before 1923, the Arab population of Palestine declined to participate in the British Government's desired to establish self-government in Palestine, in what they called "stages."

The Political History of Palestine under British Administration said:
In practice, it proved impossible even to initiate this policy of gradual constitutional development. From 1922 until the present day, the High Commissioner has governed Palestine with the aid of Councils consisting exclusively of British officials.
SOURCE: A/AC.14/8 UK History of Administration 2 October 1947 •

That would be the window between 1922 → 1974 (in the case of Egypt) and 1922 → 1994 (in the case of Jordan). Since the 1948 War for Independence was resolved by Treaty; inside the two windows (supra), Just what ground and what timeframe are your working...Be specific, so as to give you the best answer possible?

Most Respectfully,
R
Indeed, my point is that Palestine has been under foreign military occupation since before its inception and has continued unabated until today. You continuously slime the Palestinians for not accomplishing this or that while they have a gun in their face. The Palestinians cannot accomplish anything until it is decolonized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back