Palestine 1896

Only since the 1920s has Palestine had formally delimited boundaries, though these have remained subject to repeated change and a source of bitter dispute.
Palestine's borders were defined in 1922.

What changes have been made since then?

What border disputes have there been?

True

Really ?
back in 1922 they said that Palestine was a state ? :cuckoo:
where does it say it ?

The boundaries of the region have changed throughout history, and were first defined in modern times by the Franco-British boundary agreement (1920) and the Transjordan memorandum of 16 September 1922, during the British Mandate for Palestine. Today, the region comprises the country of Israel and the Palestinian territories.

Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988, has referred to a state in the Palestinian territories on 22% of the British Mandate.[7] The State of Palestine is recognized today by approximately two-thirds of the world's countries,
Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The boundaries of the region have changed throughout history, and were first defined in modern times by the Franco-British boundary agreement (1920) and the Transjordan memorandum of 16 September 1922, during the British Mandate for Palestine. Today, the region comprises the country of Israel and the Palestinian territories.

Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988, has referred to a state in the Palestinian territories on 22% of the British Mandate.[7] The State of Palestine is recognized today by approximately two-thirds of the world's countries,

Well what are you saying ? there is no mention of a country except Israel.
region is not a sovereign country.
Thank you for proving my point.:clap2:

A State (note the capital "S") is a self-governing political entity. The term State can be used interchangeably with country.:lol:

Palestine's borders were defined in 1922.

What changes have been made since then?

What border disputes have there been?

True

Really ?
back in 1922 they said that Palestine was a state ? :cuckoo:
where does it say it ?

A State (note the capital "S") is a self-governing political entity. The term State can be used interchangeably with country.:lol:

Well as we were talking about 1922 , and you claim that there were an independent Palestinian state at that time, you can't use something that says :
Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988,

yes I can do you understand the English word "also"?

I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right, you are not paying attention

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right, you are not paying attention

Where is your explanation as to why you are right ?
Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988, has referred to a state in the Palestinian territories on 22% of the British Mandate.[7] The State of Palestine is recognized today by approximately two-thirds of the world's countries, although this status is not recognized by the United Nations, Israel and major Western nations such as the United States.
You are claiming that there was an sovereign state named Palestinian in 1922 because in this sentence it states:
“Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988”

also

[awl-soh]   Example Sentences Origin

al·so

   [awl-soh] Show IPA
adverb
in addition; too; besides; as well: He was thin, and he was also tall.
likewise; in the same manner: Since you're having another cup of coffee, I'll have one also.
conjunction
So at first in that passage they are saying that Palestine is a region.

Then they are saying it is also used to refer to the State of Palestine – declared at 1988.
If you look at this and the meaning of also – you could see that the meaning is :

Palestine = region
and
Palestine = state declared at 1988

how in the world do you conclude from that that there were a sovereign country named Palestine in 1922 ?

Where is your explanation as to why you are right ?
Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988, has referred to a state in the Palestinian territories on 22% of the British Mandate.[7] The State of Palestine is recognized today by approximately two-thirds of the world's countries, although this status is not recognized by the United Nations, Israel and major Western nations such as the United States.
You are claiming that there was an sovereign state named Palestinian in 1922 because in this sentence it states:
“Palestine is also used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988”

also

[awl-soh]   Example Sentences Origin

al·so

   [awl-soh] Show IPA
adverb
in addition; too; besides; as well: He was thin, and he was also tall.
likewise; in the same manner: Since you're having another cup of coffee, I'll have one also.
conjunction
So at first in that passage they are saying that Palestine is a region.

Then they are saying it is also used to refer to the State of Palestine – declared at 1988.
If you look at this and the meaning of also – you could see that the meaning is :

Palestine = region
and
Palestine = state declared at 1988

how in the world do you conclude from that that there were a sovereign country named Palestine in 1922 ?
how in the world do you conclude from that that there were a sovereign country named Palestine in 1922
your English is not up to scratch

ass·hole
   /ˈæsˌhoʊl/ Show Spelled[as-hohl] Show IPA
noun Vulgar .
anus.
Slang .
a.
a stupid, mean, or contemptible person.

ass·hole
   /ˈæsˌhoʊl/ Show Spelled[as-hohl] Show IPA
noun Vulgar .
anus.
Slang .
a.
a stupid, mean, or contemptible person.

I see you still have no explanation to your point, instead you resolve to name calling and vulgar language witch only proves you don't have anything constrictive to say.

I'm sure i mentioned this before what you are doing is called 'ad hominem' and it's a basic logic fail.
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it.[1] Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy
That is exactly what you are doing here, you have no rational argument to support your claim, so you point out my English is bad.
My knowing or not knowing English does not change the fact that you can't negate my argument.

Look yourself up , you are at the bottom of the Pyramid.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A State (note the capital "S") is a self-governing political entity. The term State can be used interchangeably with country.
Cool, so, who was that moustafa-emir, -shakh, -sultan, -sheikh, -president, -prime-minister of that "state"?

"Herzl attempted to gain a Charter from the Sultan of Turkey for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine, then ruled by the Ottoman Empire."
So I guess the main man at that time was the Sultan of Turkey
Outstanding!

Forum List

Back