Pakistani police foil suicide attack (The suicide bombers carrying Russian passports)

Ropey

אחרית הימים
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pakistani police foiled a suicide attack Tuesday in the southwestern city of Quetta when they killed five militants laden with explosives.

Police stopped the three women and two men after they pulled up to a checkpoint, said Daud Junejo, police chief in Quetta, the capital of restive Balochistan province. The five threatened police, telling them they were suicide bombers.

3033FA47271083CFF439513BE52E2E.jpg

Pakistani Police, not the army. That's who dies. The police. The Pakistan army is supporting the ones killing the police.

Pakistani police foil suicide attack - CNN.com

Wer going to see alot of incidents like this for a while since Bin Laden was killed, I guess they feel they have to avenge his death.

Wer going to see alot of incidents like this for a while since Bin Laden was killed, I guess they feel they have to avenge his death.

Look where they are coming from. The suicide bombers had Russian passports with valid visas for Iran.

"You have a partner who can seem, as some have said, to be both firefighter and arsonist simultaneously," said Senator Richard Lugar, the top Republican on the panel and Obama's former foreign policy mentor.

AFP: Kerry: Pakistan boosting cooperation with US

Look where they are coming from. The suicide bombers had Russian passports with valid visas for Iran.

"You have a partner who can seem, as some have said, to be both firefighter and arsonist simultaneously," said Senator Richard Lugar, the top Republican on the panel and Obama's former foreign policy mentor.

AFP: Kerry: Pakistan boosting cooperation with US

So were they Pakistanis with Russian passports, or actually Russians? alot of terrorists carry passports from other countries to avoid detection in operations.

So were they Pakistanis with Russian passports, or actually Russians? alot of terrorists carry passports from other countries to avoid detection in operations.

Can't say but likely just one of the many varieties with Russian 'stolen' passports and Iranian 'stolen' Visas. :razz:

Can't say but likely just one of the many varieties with Russian 'stolen' passports and Iranian 'stolen' Visas. :razz:

And the ones they killed are just as dead. Iran and Russia. Hmm... :eusa_shhh:

I have a feeling the Iran/Russia link isn't just a coincidence either Ropey...

Grav, what do you see as Russia's role/motive in this?

Why would they be interested in stirring up trouble in Pakistan?

To be honest I really can't figure it out, but what does Russia gain by helping Iran with their nuclear ambitions? you would think the Russians would find some solidarity with us because we are dealing with the same kind of Islamic terrorist threat, but the Russians seem to still have this cold war mentality and want to stick it to us whenever they can. I think the Russians want us out of Pakistan, Afghanistan and especially the bases we set up in the former soviet block countries.

To be honest I really can't figure it out, but what does Russia gain by helping Iran with their nuclear ambitions? you would think the Russians would find some solidarity with us because we are dealing with the same kind of Islamic terrorist threat, but the Russians seem to still have this cold war mentality and want to stick it to us whenever they can. I think the Russians want us out of Pakistan, Afghanistan and especially the bases we set up in the former soviet block countries.

Agree.

So, they want to be a thorn in the side of the US...

...have stabilized their re-invested power in the former Soviet spheres, Ukraine, Georgia, and moved that area away from being pro-West.

...cemented relations with Germany, and thereby placed a wedge between central and western Europe...

....appeared to be threatening to the Poles/Czechs/Roumanians...

...revealed the weak and chaotic American leadership...

and the resurgence of the Left in America has mirrored this resurgence in Russia.

Hopefully 2012 will slow or reverse this trend.

QUETTA: Security forces including Frontier Corps and police personnel have foiled an attack on a security checkpoint in Quetta, killing five foreigners.
Five suspects, including three women and two children, were approaching a check post in the residential area of Kharotabad when security forces discovered they had explosive materials. The forces tried to arrest the group, at which point, one of the females blew herself up to avoid arrest, reported Arzoo Rehman for Express 24/7.
One of the attackers threw a grenade at the checkpoint, injuring a security personnel who later died in hospital.
One woman was of 20-25 years of age while another one was 15-20 years old, suggest initial reports.
The Frontier Corps (FC) said all the attackers, including three women and two men, were foreigners of either Chechen or Uzbek origin. The women were reportedly equipped with hand grenades.
Police officials also recovered several hand grenades as well as Russian and Iranian passports from the site.
“All five attackers have been killed,” Quetta police chief Daud Junejo said. He added that the attackers showed their suicide jackets to the police at the checkpost but police officials ran away to fetch more security officials.
“The troops retaliated and killed all of them,” he said. “No security official was hurt, it’s all ok, it’s over now.”
He also denied any suicide attack took place.
5 Chechens killed in Quetta clash - PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum

QUETTA: Security forces including Frontier Corps and police personnel have foiled an attack on a security checkpoint in Quetta, killing five foreigners.
Five suspects, including three women and two children, were approaching a check post in the residential area of Kharotabad when security forces discovered they had explosive materials. The forces tried to arrest the group, at which point, one of the females blew herself up to avoid arrest, reported Arzoo Rehman for Express 24/7.
One of the attackers threw a grenade at the checkpoint, injuring a security personnel who later died in hospital.
One woman was of 20-25 years of age while another one was 15-20 years old, suggest initial reports.
The Frontier Corps (FC) said all the attackers, including three women and two men, were foreigners of either Chechen or Uzbek origin. The women were reportedly equipped with hand grenades.
Police officials also recovered several hand grenades as well as Russian and Iranian passports from the site.
“All five attackers have been killed,” Quetta police chief Daud Junejo said. He added that the attackers showed their suicide jackets to the police at the checkpost but police officials ran away to fetch more security officials.
“The troops retaliated and killed all of them,” he said. “No security official was hurt, it’s all ok, it’s over now.”
He also denied any suicide attack took place.
5 Chechens killed in Quetta clash - PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum

Informative post.

Based on this, it seems reasonable to assume at the incident had nothing to do with Russians...but the question remains why Chechen or Uzbek muslims would aim an attack in Pakistan.

Forum List

Back