Pakistani Generals Afraid US May Now Raid Nukes

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
I'm not afraid it will happen, I'm certain.
Pak Generals afraid US may now raid nukes - The Times of India
A vast majority of Pakistan's military leadership is unhappy about the US operation that killed Osama bin Laden and fears that America will conduct similar raids in the future to target the country's nuclear arsenal.

An assessment made by Indian agencies suggests that almost three-fourths of the Pakistani military brass is concerned about the way American helicopters crossed into Pakistani territory, carried out a surgical strike and left without informing either the Pakistani government or security establishment, Indian government sources said.
The Saudis see whats happening in the Middle East and need some protection against an overthrow so they're gonna enlist the Pakistan Army and all it's nukes. Actually, they already have:
Saudi Arabia: Nervously Watching Pakistan - Brookings Institution
They have had a deep strategic military relationship for decades and today have an unacknowledged nuclear partnership to provide the kingdom with a nuclear deterrent on short notice if ever needed.
Ok, our forces killed Osama bin Laden so why would we then need to go after Pakistans nukes? As punishment for housing Bin Laden? If we wanted to punish Pakistan why not just do it economically?

Because the security arrangement between them and the Saudis needs to be neutralized before Saudi Arabia is overthrown. The Saudis only trump cards are the Pakistani nukes.

The Pakistani Military is 4th rate at best, and the Saudis are depending on them to save them? wow.

Actually, They are 15th in the World in regards to Global fire power bro. More powerful than Iran and North Korea. Saudi Arabia is 25th. ~BH

Really? how come they can't even keep the Taliban and clowns like Bin Laden out of their country?

A vast majority of Pakistan's military leadership is unhappy about the US operation that killed Osama bin Laden and fears that America will conduct similar raids in the future to target the country's nuclear arsenal.

An assessment made by Indian agencies suggests that almost three-fourths of the Pakistani military brass is concerned about the way American helicopters crossed into Pakistani territory, carried out a surgical strike and left without informing either the Pakistani government or security establishment, Indian government sources said.
The Saudis see whats happening in the Middle East and need some protection against an overthrow so they're gonna enlist the Pakistan Army and all it's nukes. Actually, they already have:
They have had a deep strategic military relationship for decades and today have an unacknowledged nuclear partnership to provide the kingdom with a nuclear deterrent on short notice if ever needed.
Ok, our forces killed Osama bin Laden so why would we then need to go after Pakistans nukes? As punishment for housing Bin Laden? If we wanted to punish Pakistan why not just do it economically?

Because the security arrangement between them and the Saudis needs to be neutralized before Saudi Arabia is overthrown. The Saudis only trump cards are the Pakistani nukes.

Well fuck, if their security protecting their nukes is the same as Bin Ladens, maybe we should go get em.

Well fuck, if their security protecting their nukes is the same as Bin Ladens, maybe we should go get em.

Good point.

The Pakistani Military is 4th rate at best, and the Saudis are depending on them to save them? wow.

Actually, They are 15th in the World in regards to Global fire power bro. More powerful than Iran and North Korea. Saudi Arabia is 25th. ~BH

Really? how come they can't even keep the Taliban and clowns like Bin Laden out of their country?

Because they don't want to. They only pretend to want to. That's what 18.5 Billion dollars in Foreign aid since 2001 does to a Government, it corrupts them. Imagine that huh? :eusa_shhh: ~BH

If I invite a troop of cub scouts to my house, and give each a bb-gun, I'll have the 15th most powerful military in Colorado.

What's your point?

If I invite a troop of cub scouts to my house, and give each a bb-gun, I'll have the 15th most powerful military in Colorado.

What's your point?

Are you fucking stupid bro? If you don't understand my point, then it's clear that you are. Exactly what part of it does your weak mind not comprehend? ~BH

What's your point?

Are you fucking stupid bro? If you don't understand my point, then it's clear that you are. Exactly what part of it does your weak mind not comprehend? ~BH

Let me speak s-l-o-w-l-y:

"15th in the world" ....doesn't.... mean.... much.

Beginning to sink in yet?

Moron.

What's your point?

Let me speak s-l-o-w-l-y:

"15th in the world" ....doesn't.... mean.... much.

Beginning to sink in yet?

Moron.

15th in The World is enough to defend your own country you dumb shit. They also have Nukes, but that's not the issue here. You know what I think? I think you decided to take a break from your boyfriend after a real nice time together, and then with a bug up your ass you thought you would come in here and reply some bullshit response to this discussion because you just got off your high-horse, Literally. You're a waste of time. You're barking up the wrong tree. ~BH

Could it be that our mission to take out obl has upset the balance of power as it existed? The military's standing has been undermined; a very bad thing as it has always been seen as the stablest part of the power structure there.

Furthermore, the US is threatening to take away what has grown to be most recently more than $3-billion a year. If we stopped that it would cause economic pain and further weaken the military more than their loss of face politically. We claim that Pak's highest ranking military knew obl was there the whole time, whether they did or not.

The military is diminished by their tacit admission that US would snatch and kill him under their noses; that is the case as it stood if our charges are true that the military had to know of obl's location.

If we were willing to so blatantly engage in an action that carries with it an insult to their society's most respected institution, then there must be doubts on our part regarding their capacity to keep their nukes out of the hands of the Taliban (in Pakistan the Taliban (TTP) is a franchise of Al Qaida) which hold onto enclaves within sixty miles of the capital in Islamabad where storage facilities for nukes are at the Air Force Base there.

If that is believed to have occured to us then it likewise would to them that we just might as readily pre-empt that possibility - whether or not we actually would contemplate such a mission. They have long alluded that power in the wrong hands in Pak could lead to the terrible possibility of Pak's nukes falling into the wrong hands.

In that scenario it would have little to nothing to do with Saudi Arabia, except their most important alliance might be at risk.

We may have begun the precipitation of that event with the loss of face of Pak's military establishment.

Last edited:

Could it be that our mission to take out obl has upset the balance of power as it existed? The military's standing has been undermined; a very bad thing as it has always been seen as the stablest part of the power structure there.

Furthermore, the US is threatening to take away what has grown to be most recently more than $3-billion a year. If we stopped that it would cause economic pain and further weaken the military more than their loss of face politically. We claim that Pak's highest ranking military knew obl was there the whole time, whether they did or not.

The military is diminished by their tacit admission that US would snatch and kill him under their noses; that is the case as it stood if our charges are true that the military had to know of obl's location.

If we were willing to so blatantly engage in an action that carries with it an insult to their society's most respected institution, then there must be doubts on our part regarding their capacity to keep their nukes out of the hands of the Taliban (in Pakistan the Taliban (TTP) is a franchise of Al Qaida) which hold onto enclaves within sixty miles of the capital in Islamabad where storage facilities for nukes are at the Air Force Base there.

If that is believed to have occured to us then it likewise would to them that we just might as readily pre-empt that possibility - whether or not we actually would contemplate such a mission. They have long alluded that power in the wrong hands in Pak could lead to the terrible possibility of Pak's nukes falling into the wrong hands.

In that scenario it would have little to nothing to do with Saudi Arabia, except their most important alliance might be at risk.

We may have begun the precipitation of that event with the loss of face of Pak's military establishment.
Eh? :eusa_eh: The alliance with Saudi Arabia is fine, and when push comes to shove the US is more important to them, we don't need to invade Saudi Arabia, any more than we need to invade Libya, Syria or Kuwait.

Forum List

Back