Pak tests nuke in response to Indian Prithvi missile test

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
Medium range nuclear-capable missile test-fired successfully
By Shahid Hussain, Correspondent

Islamabad: Pakistan conducted a successful test-launch of a medium range nuclear-capable ballistic missile yesterday, a military statement said.

The statement said the country could be justifiably proud of its defence capability and nuclear deterrence, which formed the bedrock of Pakistan's security policy and would be fully supported by the government.

Hatf-4 or Shaheen-1 (eagle) missile, which can hit targets up to 700 kilometres away was fired from an undisclosed location by the Strategic Missile Group of the Army Strategic Force Command (ASFC).

The test came two days after India carried out its first successful trial of a new ballistic intercept system.

This was the second missile test by Pakistan this month. On November 16 it test-fired the 1,300-kilometre range Ghauri ballistic missile.

The statement said the Shaheen test was part of a continuing exercise by the Army Strategic Force Command. "The event marked the culmination phase of the training exercise and validated the operational readiness of the Strategic Missile Group equipped with Shaheen-1 missiles," it said.

Medium range nuclear-capable missile test-fired successfully
By Shahid Hussain, Correspondent

Islamabad: Pakistan conducted a successful test-launch of a medium range nuclear-capable ballistic missile yesterday, a military statement said.

The statement said the country could be justifiably proud of its defence capability and nuclear deterrence, which formed the bedrock of Pakistan's security policy and would be fully supported by the government.

Hatf-4 or Shaheen-1 (eagle) missile, which can hit targets up to 700 kilometres away was fired from an undisclosed location by the Strategic Missile Group of the Army Strategic Force Command (ASFC).

The test came two days after India carried out its first successful trial of a new ballistic intercept system.

This was the second missile test by Pakistan this month. On November 16 it test-fired the 1,300-kilometre range Ghauri ballistic missile.

The statement said the Shaheen test was part of a continuing exercise by the Army Strategic Force Command. "The event marked the culmination phase of the training exercise and validated the operational readiness of the Strategic Missile Group equipped with Shaheen-1 missiles," it said.

Let's see who can piss higher on the wall!:rolleyes:

:laugh:

Just breaking down the macho, muscle-flexing to basic form.

Sorry if i sound dumb but please do enlighten me about what you are atcually trying to say. India isn't testing missiles for the sake of it.

Akshay

Sorry if i sound dumb but please do enlighten me about what you are atcually trying to say. India isn't testing missiles for the sake of it.

Akshay

Couple of reasons to test missiles. One, to actually see if they function. Two, to ensure EVERYONE that needs to notice the possession and use of said missile does.

Country A tests missle. Country B, the historical enemy of Country A, takes note and tests missile to ensure COuntry A is aware that the capability of response in-kind exists.

In other words, it's a pissing contest with WMDs.

Couple of reasons to test missiles. One, to actually see if they function. Two, to ensure EVERYONE that needs to notice the possession and use of said missile does.

Country A tests missle. Country B, the historical enemy of Country A, takes note and tests missile to ensure COuntry A is aware that the capability of response in-kind exists.

In other words, it's a pissing contest with WMDs.

Its even more worrying and irritating for country A (i.e India ) to find out that Country C (China ) is helping Country B (Pak) acquire WMD's !!!

Akshay

Its even more worrying and irritating for country A (i.e India ) to find out that Country C (China ) is helping Country B (Pak) acquire WMD's !!!

Akshay

What's aggravating is that ANYONE has them or seriously contemplates using them. Unfortunately the former is the only sure deterrent against the latter. Yet ANOTHER pissing contest.

Just how many times DOES one nation need to be capable of destroying the entire planet?

What's aggravating is that ANYONE has them or seriously contemplates using them. Unfortunately the former is the only sure deterrent against the latter. Yet ANOTHER pissing contest.

Just how many times DOES one nation need to be capable of destroying the entire planet?

Well , according to the info I have heard and read Russia and America have enough nukes to blast the planet thrice. India needs atleast 150-180 workable warheads to maintain the effective detterent against Pak and CHina (which has about 400-500). India does not have or seek to have a huge arsenal. What aggravates me is Pak and China working together to squeeze India. In this regard China is using Pak to do its dirty job as I said earlier.

Akshay

PS:- Do you know China is going to test a new class of JL-1 /JL-2 submarine launched ballistic missiles?And China is building new nuclear reactors for Pak? What IF Russia started a series of tests of nuclear capable ICBM's then would America sit still and tell Putin to go on with his tests ?

Well , according to the info I have heard and read Russia and America have enough nukes to blast the planet thrice. India needs atleast 150-180 workable warheads to maintain the effective detterent against Pak and CHina (which has about 400-500). India does not have or seek to have a huge arsenal. What aggravates me is Pak and China working together to squeeze India. In this regard China is using Pak to do its dirty job as I said earlier.

Akshay

PS:- Do you know China is going to test a new class of JL-1 /JL-2 submarine launched ballistic missiles?And China is building new nuclear reactors for Pak? What IF Russia started a series of tests of nuclear capable ICBM's then would America sit still and tell Putin to go on with his tests ?

What "dirty job" is that? Why should China give a crap about India?

What "dirty job" is that? Why should China give a crap about India?

Good question. To which I shall give you a proper answer.
Right now China is the economic and military powerhouse of Asia. They know that India is catching up..competing with them for regional power. They know India dosen't like being in their shadow any longer. Indian growth has been the fastest in this decade and will continue to rise. By , the next 10-15 years the Indian economy will have become equal to the Chinese economy. Militarily , India is one of the most responsible nuclear powers and its military power is continuing to rise. The Chinese don't like this. And , history has shown that the seeds of this "enemity" were sown way bakc in 1962 when China invaded sovereign Indian territory. China and Pakistan signed a mutual agreement on defence and economy. China diplomatically backed Pakistan during the 70's against us. China helped Pakistan build the nuclear bomb against India. China is right now building nuclear reatcors for Pakistan. 90% of Pakistan's nuclear power has come from China.

China needs Pakistan to keep India at bay. Kashmir was sucking in the Indian troops. While India was combatting terrorism in Kashmir China was economically becoming the powerhouse of Asia. While India was battling against Islamist militancy in its soil (which is undoubtedly sponsored by the Pak intell org) China became the so called "Light Of Asia".

And in India's eastern front we have the Communists and Maoists all egged on by Beijing to spread insurgency there. India has repeatedly asked Beijing to provide intell. on our Eastern front but to no avail. Since , India has refused to accept Chinese sovereignity on Arunachal Pradesh (which is rightfully India's since 1947) the CHinese have stooped to spread insurgency in the jungles of Eastern India. Then , CHina opens a new surveillance and listening station in Burma to spy on India's missile testing range in Orissa.

These are just some of the causes which show the mutual distrust between India and China.

Forum List

Back