Painted Post man arrested three times; allegedly threatened children

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On January 10, 2020, members of the Corning Police Department arrested and charged Whitehead, 37, for Criminal Contempt in the First Degree and 1 count of Aggravated Family Offense (both felonies) for allegedly threatening a person that was covered under a court-issued Order of Protection.

He was arraigned and released. Second arrest is occurs after he tries to kick in a door and threatens everyone in the house. It looks like:

• 1 Count Attempted Burglary in the Second Degree- a Class D Felony
  • 3 Counts Aggravated Family Offense – a Class E Felony
  • 3 Counts Menacing in the Third Degree – a Class B Misdemeanor
  • 1 Count Endangering the Welfare of a Child- a Class A Misdemeanor
  • 1 Count Criminal Mischief in the Fourth Degree- a Class A Misdemeanor

Arraigned and released. Third arrest looks like this:

Criminal Contempt in the First Degree and Aggravated Family Offense (both felonies). He is currently being held in the Steuben County Jail on $1,000 cash bail.
Painted Post man arrested three times; allegedly threatened children

Order of Protection is absolutely meaningless.............

I changed my writing to italics.

I'm a heck of a ways from Painted Post (only been there once) and am not up on New York's new bail reform laws referred to in the article and its video clip. Hopefully it won't ever be a subject matter for our state legislators here in Arizona and I can continue to ignore it. Releasing the guy does sound crazy.

I'm a heck of a ways from Painted Post (only been there once) and am not up on New York's new bail reform laws referred to in the article and its video clip. Hopefully it won't ever be a subject matter for our state legislators here in Arizona and I can continue to ignore it. Releasing the guy does sound crazy.

Arizona is using a new "risk assessment" tool. They were using their own before but along came the criminal justice reform to add that in. In 2017 a bail reform bill came up but didn't go anywhere. Yes, you have a push for criminal justice reform in Arizona.

New Jersey had far more success with their bail reform than New York is looking. New York pushed theirs through without debate and attached it to a budget bill specifically to avoid scrutiny. One of the most outspoken advocates, Heastie, doesn't appear to be slightly aware of what it actually says. They were not prepared. At all. They aren't even prepared to effectively run their own numbers. No ankle monitors. Programs aren't going to be ready for another six to eight months.

Forum List

Back