Paint Root Shingles White A Cost Effective Solution For Global Warming

Monk-Eye

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
" Paint Root Shingles White A Cost Effective Solution For Global Warming "

* A Parallel Concept Of Reflecting Sunlight And Not Absorbing Heat *

A Greenhouse Effect has cooled the climate of Almeria
" Since the 1980s, Almería in southern Spain has developed the largest concentration of greenhouses in the world, covering 26,000 hectares. The greenhouses reflect so much sunlight back into the atmosphere that they are actually cooling the province, Spanish researchers have found. While temperatures in the rest of Spain have climbed at rates above the world average, meteorological observatories located in the so-called sea of plastic have shown them moving in the opposite direction, with a decline of 0.3 degrees per decade. The strange phenomenon had not gone unnoticed in scientific circles, and now a study has suggested a plausible explanation: the white colour of the plastic reflects sunlight into the atmosphere as if it were a mirror, and it slows the warming of the surface. In this way, the greenhouses at a local level offset the rising temperatures associated with global warming. "

" Since the 1980s, Almería in southern Spain has developed the largest concentration of greenhouses in the world, covering 26,000 hectares. The greenhouses reflect so much sunlight back into the atmosphere that they are actually cooling the province, Spanish researchers have found. While temperatures in the rest of Spain have climbed at rates above the world average, meteorological observatories located in the so-called sea of plastic have shown them moving in the opposite direction, with a decline of 0.3 degrees per decade. The strange phenomenon had not gone unnoticed in scientific circles, and now a study has suggested a plausible explanation: the white colour of the plastic reflects sunlight into the atmosphere as if it were a mirror, and it slows the warming of the surface. In this way, the greenhouses at a local level offset the rising temperatures associated with global warming. "
I've been waiting for some company to market solar panels in the form of roof shingles.

" Black Tar Pits "

* Color Adjustments Over Carbon Tax Extortion *

I've been waiting for some company to market solar panels in the form of roof shingles.
Me too , but there are none as i have been able to determine .

My roof needs resurfacing and solar panels is an option being investigated because of its surface area exposure to the sun , though it is not cost effective on many homes for that reason .

A major obstacle to overcome would be homeowner associations that might be opposed to white or off white roof surfaces .

Global $5.41 Billion Cool Roof Coatings Market, 2018-2025 - Key Companies are Dow Chemical Company, KST Coatings, Valspar, Sika Sarnafil, Nippon Paints, Monarch Industries, and Nutech Paints

Many cities in warm areas require white roofs on large buildings. This isn't anything new. It's not so useful in areas with cold winters, because those dark roofs heat the houses in winter.

" Pondering Complacency That Conduction Starts With Absorption "

* Insufficient Objection *

Many cities in warm areas require white roofs on large buildings. This isn't anything new. It's not so useful in areas with cold winters, because those dark roofs heat the houses in winter.
White roofs on large buildings would make a difference to the internal environment as insulation within the rafting may not be implemented .

It is doubtful that dark roofs on houses in cold areas serve a significant purpose unless the minimal heat available is transferred to water and pumped to within the insulation of the residence - insulation to keep thermal energy from being transferred in or out .

* Absence Of Color *

Black body - Wikipedia
A black body or blackbody is an idealized physical body that absorbs all incident electromagnetic radiation, regardless of frequency or angle of incidence.

Next these people will be having us paint rocks and tree's white! In a couple of places, they are already spending $$ on painting roads white! LOL.....just what we'd all love doing......trying to brake on painted streets in the rain!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:. Hey.....but the intentions are good!:eek2:

Easily the greatest thing about this forum is you are guaranteed to see some level of absurdity come up all the time in the form of a progressive idea! Its as certain as the sun coming up in the morning.

" Over Dramatized Painting The Roses Read "

* Gluttony And Sloth *
Next these people will be having us paint rocks and tree's white! In a couple of places, they are already spending $$ on painting roads white! LOL.....just what we'd all love doing......trying to brake on painted streets in the rain!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:. Hey.....but the intentions are good!:eek2:
Easily the greatest thing about this forum is you are guaranteed to see some level of absurdity come up all the time in the form of a progressive idea! Its as certain as the sun coming up in the morning.

The province of haiti used to be 95% jungle and now it is 98% arid dirt , as puritans implemented its domestic policies and prohibited access to contraception and abortion with the inanity of go forth to multiply without an intelligent plan to address over population .

Apparently , clear cutting forests that would have reduced carbon dioxide and replacing them with methane flatulent cows makes sense to the droll mental midgets of the bloated over weight and over abundant hue mammon ape concerned with today and dismissive of tomorrow .

So painting pet rocks and trees is a missed characterization of a simple solution to apply the science of color to black tar roofs to avoid facing a potentially magnanimous issue of Methane clathrate - Wikipedia .

Last edited:

They have them already.

" Bragging About Having Shingles "

* Pointless Crass Narcissism *
Do you not have google in China?
Solar shingles - Google Search
I was shopping about three or four months ago and found none at the time and have not bothered to investigate since .

In my opinion the technical support you offer from india was simply a lucky find in having found them after being prompted for their want per discussion .

However , thanks just the same for the reference .

Residential Products « Uni-Solar
UNI-SOLAR and CertainTeed have recently developed roofing-integrated photovoltaic products for the residential market.

Last edited:

they have been trying

" Fat Fingers Keyboard Proximity Similar Letters "

* Measure Twice Cut Once *
"root shingles" sounds like a very bad disease.
Shingles on ones root does sound like a very bad disease .

The title was of course intended to be " roof shingles " but changing it could not be found after the submit button was issued .

" Bragging About Having Shingles "

* Pointless Crass Narcissism *
Do you not have google in China?
Solar shingles - Google Search
I was shopping about three or four months ago and found none at the time and have not bothered to investigate since .

In my opinion the technical support you offer from india was simply a lucky find in having found them after being prompted for their want per discussion .

However , thanks just the same for the reference .

Residential Products « Uni-Solar
UNI-SOLAR and CertainTeed have recently developed roofing-integrated photovoltaic products for the residential market.

I investigated them when I last did my roof maybe 4 years ago. They were around then as well which is how I knew about them, Eye balling it, it looked like I could put a new metal roof over a new 50 year shingle roof and still come out cheaper. Nobody around here does them so that would have been another hitch to deal with. I just went with the 50 year shingles.

Take a look at, say, Phoenix Arizona with Google Maps. All of the big buildings have white roofs. The houses don't, but the roof shingles are lighter in color than you find in most other cities.

Forum List

Back